Pre-match: Copa America 2015 Discussion

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Almost everything in this tournament is a 1-0 or 0-0 shit, just like the previous tournament. Perhaps the only difference would be this time we go on to win it instead of Uruguay.

2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So, the final is on a Saturday? I got no problem, 4th of July is always a good time here in the US. But I assume they did this is because the women's World Cup final is on the 5th.

3. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This game was a few years ago. Velez-River, my friend came to town and we camouflaged ourselves into the Velez crowd. All 76 of them

4. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

Robinho real talent...

6. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Thiago Silva is the only talent on that lineup the rest can go suck a cawk. If they all played better then maybe his handball wouldn't have been so costly.

7. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi, Masche, Aguero, with yellow cards. Arguably our 3 most important players.

8. Bocatino

Bocatino Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Let's hope Peru wins, so no funny business happens in this game to give Chile the edge. Chile should have two players kicked out of the tournment. One for drunk driving and the other for putting his finger in a players butt. Ridiculous how anyone can support those actions.

Christina99 repped this.
  9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There rumors going around that Jara would be supsrnded 16 games. Lol.

10. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree.
    I can see the refs giving messi and masche yellows so they dont play the final against chile, if chile goes through.

So i hope peru goes through, and for a clean match in the final (if we get there)

11. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Word is that his club might get rid of him as well.

12. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    It's incredible

Messi can fail to score but still play brilliantly, says Argentina's Aguero

The Man City striker explained in a TV interview how he motivates and reassures his roommate during tough games
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] votes (0)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The pair struggled against Colombia | Foto: AFP
    Sport EN | 28.6.2015 | 19:59h.

In an interview with Argentine TV channel TyC, Sergio Aguero has spoken about his teammate Lionel Messi and the problems that La Albiceleste have had in front of goal.

"Leo always wants to improve and when the goals don't come he starts saying: "I'm unlucky." And I tell him: "Calm down, Leo, calm down. They are going to come, when you least expect them to, so calm down. You need to have patience."

"You always want to do things well, but Leo has the pressure that he has to score... I think Leo always plays well. He can not score a goal, but still be the best. It's incredible. There are minutes where he makes mistakes, but that's normal. For me, whenever he plays, he goes forward, he looks for the ball, he goes on and on. This gives us a lot of belief and confidence, because if Leo goes, we go."

Aguero also remembered when they were together in 2005. "We started to room together in the Netherlands, and I said to him, Leo, it has already been ten years. We talked about all of the birthdays which had occurred in the room." When asked by a journalist if he bought Messi a gift, Aguero said: "No.. my presence is enough."

13. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Jajajajaja

Aguero is the man

14. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He was talking about a 0-0 between Ramon Diaz' River and Ricardo Gareca's Velez...

You really should follow Argentine football. As much as you like the national team i find it bizarre you don't watch argentine football, even more so now that its free to watch on youtube

15. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    For you National Team only fans: This is why us argentinians can't wait for this copa america to end an the league to begin again. This is is passion, this is football, this is argentina (and also this is just a regular league match, not a derby, nothing, just a normal game)

Steazy McCloud repped this.
  16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Stop being such a hipster bro.
    :D

17. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You could say that about any club football though. It's rare that any national team really has its form together. The only reason I care about international football is I have a vested interest as an Argentinean and first generation American. Can't imagine rooting for a country completely foreign to me, but I suppose people like the players.

cigar_city repped this.
  18. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The referee for the semi final match between Argentina and Paraguay has been announced and it's not good news.

Initially, CONMEBOL had assigned an Ecuadorian referee for the semi final match between Argentina and Paraguay. However, that has since been changed. It is now a Brazilian referee. The same Brazilian referee who gave a red card to Edinson CAVANI in Uruguay's match against Chile.

The referee has refereed two matches at the Copa America, giving out 10 yellow cards, 2 red cards and 69 fouls.

Its it like we against enitre conembol

19. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Masche, Agüero y Messi will have a hard time...

20. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How is that even allowed? I'd rather play with Oceania refs at this rate. At least they'd be equally terrible for everyone.

21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's strange, I thought that red decided to leave the Copa after that game.

22. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tournament is running in favor of chile at this moment ,

23. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #248 Rattlehead, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    Messi and Kun can easily survive another yellow, they're a forward so chances for another yellow is much lower than Masche. This is why we need to put some goals quick and sub those players. Even with Higuain, Tevez and Banega , we're technically a better side than Paraguay.

The key would be converting those chances we have which we failed to do in all previous matches. The number of chances just didnt match the number of goals we have. We wouldnt need to fight like hell if we converted 1 or 2 more goals on those matches.

24. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We have history winning this tournament no matter in which country. Most host nation will have some advantage but we should be able to overcome that. We're a team capable of reaching a World cup final and almost beat Germany at their best.

25. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Don't worry he's gonna be equally terrible for both teams. I'm pretty sure their goal is to have as many players suspended for the game against Chile as possible.

This whole tournament has been on making it as easy as possible for Chile.