Copa America 2015 Argentina vs Paraguay

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We would have won that game if Pekerhead hadn't decided to throw it

2. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yep, last minute Gareth Bale winner.

3. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Well Barcelona won
    I guess it was the Super Copa they won.

4. Edhardy

Edhardy Member+

Sep 4, 2013
    Nairobi, Kenya
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yeah, beat Atletico in the Super Cup, on away goals [1-1 & 0-0]

5. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Colombia lost and brasil is struggling against peru. Close and hard copa america, i like it

6. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    No fack Brazil won. For some reason I just hate their team and really hope u guys smash them like Germany did.

7. Bocatino

Bocatino Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Remember two third place teams qualify to the next round. You can be total crap in group stages and still win the cup. I expect two good halves from Argentina next game.

What are peoples view on Pastore game? He made some crappy passes, but connected well with Aguero and Messi on some exchanges.

8. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The thing is Tata never learn and play it save when it comes to player call up. He already played Tevez as a sub n friendly and he did just that... missing from 3 yards against Brazil with nobody else to beat but the goalie. Pipita... the only time he scores since World cup was against Hongkong. I repeat, Hongkong.

We will quality for sure since even two of the third place finish can still qualify but if they dont get the result in next game, confidence will go down just like in previous tournament. Even when we beat Costa Rica at the time, the goal started from Puppi's speculation shot which was deflected.

I think we can beat Uruguay and Jamiaca if you consider how many chances we have against Paraguay in which we still scores two and should have gotten another penalty. However, Lavezzi should play instead of Pipita. Pocho usually help to strengthen our midfield.

9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  10. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gerardo MARTINO spoke about the first match .
    Is he speaking for real..?
    Even somehow we won the copa because of our players individual brilliance , I want him out . he can not be our long term coach

Rattlehead repped this.
  11. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    He is right about the first half tho. Not a Martino fan by any stretch of the imagination but he is being so unfairly judged based on his barca season.

Christina99 repped this.
  12. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    From his comments it is clear that , he is not even considering the defense . he just want to outscore the opponents.
    But that wont work out in all the situations.

13. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    EXCLUSIVE: The Barcelona forward was chosen as the standout player in Argentina's 2-2 draw against Paraguay on Saturday, but was not in the mood to accept the prize

Argentina captain Lionel Messi refused the man of the match award for his side’s 2-2 draw against Paraguay because he was furious with how his team threw away a two-goal lead in their Copa America opener.

Messi was key in the build-up to Sergio Aguero’s strike and scored Argentina’s second from the penalty spot, but missed chances in the second half to put the game out of Paraguay’s reach and was in no mood for a photo call following the final whistle on Saturday.

A representative from MasterCard, who hand out the awards in every match in the continental competition, went to the Argentina dressing room to inform the 27-year-old he had been chosen to receive the prize but was told Messi would not accept the award.

Following the Barcelona forward’s refusal, MasterCard were keen to pick another Argentine player after the fantastic first half performance from Gerardo Martino’s men, but the mood in the dressing room was sombre and the representative was told that none of the players were willing to accept the accolade.

It was then decided to give the prize to one of Paraguay’s two goalscorers and Nelson Valdez - who netted the first for the Albirroja before Lucas Barrios’ late leveller - was on hand to pick up the unwanted man of the match award.

Argentina face Uruguay in their second Group B game on Tuesday

14. tatoRMN

tatoRMN Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Georgia
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  15. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    it is not fake

16. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We have bunch of world class players that has been playing together for years and a top class manager should have bring the best of them much more quickly. Pekerman and Sabella for intense, the team playing style under those two were obvious. Sure no team can win every match, in tournament you also need luck but if you compare Tata's team to those two, his team never look conviencing and he's not able to get the best out of certain players. Sabella was able to maximize the team using the players that he believe in and Pekerman obviously built his team around Roman.

I cant name one player that becoming more outstanding since Tata was appointed. The team that beat Germany at Munich was pretty much Sabella's team. After that we're sinking instead of improving from our World cup performance. We shall see within 12 hours how Tata handle Suarezless Uruguay. We only win 1 out of the last 5 matches in Copa, 6 if you stretch back to 2007 final.

17. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I saw it and its not clear what they say, specially messi, but it could be interpreted as (paraphrasing):

Messi: cual fue la boludez que dijE en el vestuario?
    Angelito: que este no iba a ser un resultado facil...

Algo asi, q mas q mostrar bardeos al tata, mostraria q messi se Burlaba de su correccion politica y q estaba un poco confiado, cosa entendible considerando q es messi

tatoRMN repped this.
  18. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just seen a video in the tycsports page in where this is clarified. It shows seconds before messi & dimas "secret", el kun says to everyone "va a ser un resultado dificil".
    And then messi goes ask angelito "que boludez dijo?" Y angelito says "que va a ser un resultado dificil" and they both laugh.

Messi & angelito & kun are very close friends, so this was all a friendly banter.

Nothing dark or twisted or against the coach:thumbsup: