Copa America 2015: Argentina vs Paraguay SF

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jun 29, 2015.

1. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Argentina vs Paraguay | Copa America | Semi Final

Venue: Estadio Municipal Alcaldesa Ester Roa Rebolledo, Chile

Ranking in the world: Argentina 3, Paraguay 81

Argentina possible starting lineup (4-3-3):
    Romero; Zabaleta, Garay, Otamendi, Rojo; Mascherano, Bigila, Pastore; Di Maria, Aguero, Messi

Paraguay possible starting lineup (4-5-1):
    Villar; M. Caceres, Da Silva, Balbuena, Samudio; Valdez, Ortiz, V Caceres, Ortigoza, Bobadilla; Santa Cruz;

Current form :
    Argentina - WDWWW
    Paraguay - DDWDw

Head to head records:

Argentina 47(GS: 183) - Draw 29 - Paraguay 14(GS: 95)

VAMOS ARGENTINA!!!

11707534_10155756052520581_8726195291902826625_n.jpg

Christina99, cigar_city and tatoRMN repped this.
  2. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We will win this one convincingly.

Christina99 repped this.
  3. Pirlopurity

Pirlopurity Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    There will be no repeat of the two goal squandered lead last time. This time, Argentina will go on with it. Argentina will win this game and put on a fantastic performance in the final from Messi to win the trophy.

Argentina will win the Copa America.

tatoRMN and Christina99 repped this.
  4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #4 Rattlehead, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    Soon or later those misschances will be hitting the net. Uruguay wasnt particularly impressive in 2011 , they beat a shit Argentina team from shootout but they made it count in the final by scoring 3 goals.

All we need to do is playing as good as we did against Colombia, Uruguay and Jamiaca but with better finishing and luck, that's all. The ball almost crosses the line twice in second half against Colombia , how it didnt went it? its crazy, there will be a day where this "bad luck" will run out of its luck!

I'm not afraid of Chile, let say they really bought this tournament (which quite appearent), Dont tell me a team that has Lavezzi, Higuain and Tevez as a back up couldnt beat them.

There seems to be a hint that Tevez could possibly start, there's a footage being shown where Tevez scored with a backheel in training. Given the nature of the refereeing, Tevez brute strength could be a positive thing for us. I know Aguero and Higuain scores alot more than Tevez for Argentina but if you look at previous games scenario, the refereeing will prevent Kun from having an effective game. Unless someone break his neck, the ref will probably ignores it.

Christina99 repped this.
  5. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Im a bit afraid of the refeering. Particullary about messi, masche and kun getting a yellow.

we all know how the refering has been in this tournament, and they really can show a yellow for anything. IF we manage to win tomorrow, i will feel very sad if MESSI misses the final!!!! Or masche or kun. But it will be sad and feel wrong to play a final without our most important player, world icon and capitan: messi

afar repped this.
  6. Pirlopurity

Pirlopurity Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I don't agree they've brought the tournament. They've had 3 goals disallowed. One of Mexicos stood when it shouldn't have also,

7. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #7 Rattlehead, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    Goal disallowed dont equal player getting sent off. They successfully sent Neymar off by letting him getting kicked all day and Peru red today came out of nowhere. The same with Messi and Kun booking. They dont want to face Brazil with Neymar or Argentina with Messi and Aguero.

What more amazing is that , yesterday I've pictured Peru down to 10 men for whatever reason and Chile progressed... it's exactly what happened.

afar repped this.
  8. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Messi has admitted that he is letting the ball not going in get to him. In his words, he said "he didn't expect Ospina to get up, but when Ospina did, he wanted to die."

He just needs to calm down.

I hope that we are up by three-four goals tomorrow, so we can sub Messi, Aguero, and Masche out as soon as possible.

9. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In national team Messi played mostly as playmaker deep in midfield , so he's scoring or not, his teammate should have took adventage of his creativity. So far bad finishing and poor passing/decision in final third has cost this team a goal drought. 3 of Messi 4 goals in recent World cup came from outside the box because he hardly getting feed with clear chances. Even when he did , he usually got the ball 40 yards out, so either rides 3-4 tackles or expecting an accurate one-two.

As for me, it doesnt matter who's scoring. It could be Rojo's rabona for all I care , what we need is just beating Paraguay and Chile and that's it! we will end this 2 decades of curse !

afar repped this.
  10. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is what im hoping for. 2 goals up (maybe 3 is too much to ask) and sub messi, masche and kun and bring in tevez, pipita and gago and start praying

afar repped this.
  11. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Basically what tata did in the game with paraguay that got us all to insult him, lol

12. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    LOL!

13. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Group stage is a different thing. Many team that held draw or losing one game in group stage ended as the champion. Germany lost to Serbia in 2010, Spain lost to Switzerland. In recent World cup, Ghana drew Germany 2-2 just like Paraguay did against Argentina.

14. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    I know I want Argentina to win the final (that is the most important thing).....but I really, really want Messi to also score in both the semifinal and the final. I have never liked a soccer player as much as I like Messi, since Maradona. I have been following soccer for 35 years now, and it would give me such immense joy if Argentina were to win and Messi were to score.

I almost dream it at night. I pray that it turns into reality.

Christina99 repped this.
  15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, Maradona didnt score in WC final, although he did scored outstanding brace in semifinal and laid down that perfect ball to Burruchaga in the final.

If Messi really wanna score more goals for national team (even though he's already #2 in all time rank), then he needs to play closer to the goal, but it is not possible because we dont have classic playmaker like Diego/Roman/Aimar. Having Messi just waiting for the ball upfront will only make this team weaker instead of stronger.

16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If we make the final and win it without Messi, I don't think anybody will complain.

Rattlehead repped this.
  17. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Messi's yellow is a complete mystery

18. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    why we are not able to score more goals...?

I think , when we are attacking there are only few players in a goal scoring position , i will say most of time only Kun will be in PB to pressurize Center backs.

Messi will always midfield , pastore never ever tried his luck from outside box.

If team is bunkering and not willing to play agianst us , i will say we dont need 2 holding midfielders.
    Bring 2 changes to the team at around 65 min .

Pipita for Pastore
    Banega for Biglia

--------Kun----Pipita----

Dimaria-------------Messi
    ----------Banega----------

Having 2 strikers in the PB will releive the tight marking of messi and i hope we can score more goals.

Pekerman repped this.
  19. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tata is playing it super save, he dont want to have more player upfront even when opponent just sitting at the back like in last 3 matches. Tata keep sticking with just Aguero at the front. We have too many players in midfield, Mascherano, Di Maria, Banega/Pastore, Biglia, Messi, this is useless considering how opponent will play against Argentina.

If you're playing against team like Germany and Holland then its better to strengthen your midfield but against Colombia, Jamaica and Uruguay who literally just park the bus, its pointless.

Messi gets the ball in deeper position than Pastore most of the time, how the hell he's going to score?

20. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Come on Argentina, it's now time to shows some guts and go on and win the Copa. Vamos Argentina.

Christina99 repped this.
  21. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If Mascherano gets a yellow and misses the final, i'll cry. it would be one of the great injustices in the history of sports... Masche, not messi, is the heart and soul of this national team and it would be a tragedy if he misses the final. I'd cry :(

Moishe and jimmi_moh repped this.
  22. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hope no one misses the final. Not messi, not masche, not aguero. I will be sad if aguero misses, i will be sadder if masche misses and even sadder if messi misses.

Im a big fan of messi, like afar, and it will break my heart that, when we finally win a tournament, after so many years of trying, he isnt there.

But of course if we win, ill be happy anyways

23. tatoRMN

tatoRMN Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Georgia
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wouldn't line up in this game Masche. With this referee there is about 70% that he'll get yellow card and same time we are capable to beat Paraguay without him. Anyway this will be difficult decision for Tata.

24. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He didnt celebrate the CL final 2006 victory because he didnt play the final , would be hard to imagine seeing Messi missing the final and we win it:speechless:.

However I'm much more concern of Masche since his role in the team will always risk him a booking. Its very unlikely Kun or Messi will be getting booked if they're not arguing with the ref. They must have aware of their yellow and will not attempt some silly tackle.

I agree, if we're going down and Paraguay looks threatening upfront , then in do or die situation we can throw Masche in. Otherwise, we have more than enough to quality to beat them.

tatoRMN repped this.
  25. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Who would you guys replace Masche with? Lady Gago?

What the formation would be without masche?