Copa America 2015: Argentina vs Chile Final

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

The problem is, Juan Carlos Crespi, the vice president of the AFA would never allow Ramon to be DT of the seleccion. Aguante Ramon Caretas

2. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Still not enough as an excuse. Argentina appeared in 6 finals in last 2 decades, 1 WC final, 3 Copa finals, 2 Confederation cup finals. Blew them all, 2 via shootouts.

If you add the fact how many good chances we blew in WC before extra time, there's no excuse.

3. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #530 Rattlehead, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
    The truth is, Aguero will score if he gets feed properly. I'm not going to defend Kun for his WC performance, he knows he's not fit but decided to play , but here he came into this tournament after scoring 4 goals in friendlies and scored 3 goals in 4 games in this tournament.

However, everytime opponent nullified threat from Messi and Pastore , nobody would feed him with a good ball. How many time in this tournament Messi and Pastore came up with a perfect ball to feed our striker?

Look at Kun's goal against Uruguay and Paraguay, he headed a good cross from Zabaleta and Di Maria. In first match, he took adventage from defender's mistake, but how many times Messi or Pastore set him up to score? Pipita's winner against Jamaica came from Di Maria's pass and Messi only registered an assist againts Paraguay (one from a deadball).

Defence has been huge problem under Batista and Diego but it has been solid under Sabella and Tata. Its a shame that now the midfield and attack failed to work.

High preasure and highline defence will not work for Argentina. Most of the players will play 40-60 per seasons and they're now 27-33 years old. Look at Spain, their golden generation were only 21-25 years old circa 2008-2012, now they're 27-30+ years old and look what happen to them in World cup.

I think we will make it to the final again next year, but I dont have high expectation for the final itself.

[​IMG]

4. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't know if that is true. I think the defense has been good statistically, and the offense obviously has not, but watching the games, it seems like the reason is that most teams will concentrate on stopping our offense rather than attacking us. When we are attacked, sometimes our defense doesn't look good. But teams don't attack us too much, because they know it would be suicidal. They stay back, or they press in midfield, but our opponent's whole game usually seems to be designed to stop us, not to hurt us. That is the puzzle that our coaching staff needs to solve.

Bada Bing repped this.
  5. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    that video makes me cringe, Messi is virtually ignored when free and only passed to when circled by 5 players. Even the pass leading up to his late run to set up lavezzi was completely butchered but he somehow controlled it.

Someone like Enzo Perez would have been good to have in midfield instead of the useless Biglia

Bada Bing and Rattlehead repped this.
  6. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If you wanna be honest, not a single team could prevent opponent from having good chances to score e no matter how good the defence is. Unless its the current Barcelona team that won all thropies, they were many lucky moments throughout the season when opponent failed to capitalize when they could have scored (CR hitting the post for example) . For many people, Germany might be the best team offensively and defensively in recent World cup but then we all saw that Messi, Higuain and Palacio could have scored the winner inside 90 minutes. Also when Lavezzi and Messi beat their marker and squared the ball to the center, it could have been costly for them.

pepinointer repped this.
  7. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Exactly, Argentina's offence is the best defense atm because opponents are parking the bus. However Argentina's defense is so bad at distributing the ball that the defense is the worst offense. Anyone with decent understanding of the game figures this one out. Says something when Mascherano is the player with most passes, and not the 5 time Ballon d'or winner with masterkey to every lock.

pepinointer repped this.
  8. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Next year's tournament will be made up of B team players and the Olympic side. The likes of Messi,Kun, Masche will not be there. The only names I see that will probably be there from this Copa side will be Pastore and maybe ADM. This won't be taken very seriously, the concacaf sides will but we won't.

I believe this tournament might be a prelude for the future. Not 2019, but look at 2023 for some sort of merger for the tournament and look for it to be played in the U.S. Too much money can be made, and that is why this tournament will be held in this country next year. It's a test to see if it will succeed. I know there are factors such as the winner of CA and Gold Cup goes onto the Conf Cup but I believe the Gold Cup is held every couple of years or so, but they'll find some bogus way around it.

9. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Nice video. Exactly this.

And as far as Aguero is concerned, he did not have a good tournament --- despite scoring three goals. He does not get a free pass, even this time.

10. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Aguero needs to play alongside a #9. We have have a lot of puzzle pieces that don't fit with whatever Tata was trying to do

Rattlehead repped this.
  11. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wont be surprise if Messi came out and say he wants to play in next year tournament.

I think some senior players would be there, maybe those who most likely will not play in 2018 WC, mixed with the new generation.

12. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #539 Rattlehead, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
    He got lot of free pass in WC and he always slip but this time its not the case. He's not being feed to score but when he did get the good chance, he did score. The header against Uruguay and Paraguay proof that if someone feed him with a good cross/pass, he'll scores.

Against Chile, Messi only reach the box like twice? we only had 43% of possession, not sure if I'd blame Aguero for failing to score. Higuain though, he could have score at least once... or at least score his penalty!

This type of decision is why Higuain will never be a good #9.

[​IMG]

13. ArgentineInRiyadh

Jul 2, 2015

i am trying not to say that had he been our forward in WC and CA instead of Higuain, we would have been the champions

14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ademas es buen tipo, me lo encontre en bremen hace 1 año en una drogueria y fue bastante amable.

ArgentineInRiyadh repped this.
  15. ArgentineInRiyadh

Jul 2, 2015
    also Ricky Alvarez would be a better replacement for Pastori. and by fielding Di Santo and Alvarez, we would address the issue of the height that Di maria spoke about. we would have Five tall players who could benefit from their heights in corner kicks. garay, otamendi, rojo, alvarez and di santo

16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

[​IMG]

pepinointer repped this.
  17. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    honestly ricky Alvarez was decent when given the chance under Sabella.

18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ricky Alvarez is nothing more than decent. He's not the solution. Di Santo scoring record is worst than Heskey or even most defender, not sure if he should even get mention by anyone. We need to try out a younger players.

I'm not sure if Tata will pick mostly a B-side for next year Copa, I sense that some of the senior players would feels that they're in debt and need to win major thropy for the nation soon or later (Messi and Masche especially).

I'd say we need to bring at least 6-7 senior players (some for the bench) while also trying out new formation like Pekerman did during Confederation 2005 or Bielsa in 2004 Copa where players like Zanetti, Ayala , Pato and Sorin played alongside newer talents like Tevez, Saviola, Lucho and Mascherano. I hope Tata would be smart enough to find a way how to make this team effective against rough playing of South American team.

Tata team only prevails against team who's trying to score. This is why his Barcelona was able to beat Real madrid home and away, also beat City twice but succumbed to Simeone tough defensive team on 6 occassions.

19. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Next year we will have 2 tournaments , hope we will get any better

20. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Isnt Grondona will manage the Olympic side? dont expect them to even get a bronze.

21. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No Tata will be doing that

22. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, that's great then. They'll perform much better than this year U20 WC.

23. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]