Copa America 2007 draw

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by pibe10, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. destruktion

destruktion BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 30, 2006
    Woodland,CA
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everybody has there own views and opinions about there national team. Im Mexican-American and my team of choice has always been Mexico yes we are improving im not saying were the best. This is what makes futbol so popular the fighting among us. As long as Mexico has a good showing im happy.

And also i hope the US team get's beat in everygame. All they talk about is there great Landon Donovan which I hate this pricked.

2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i hope that mexico brings dos santos because I hate it how fifa ranks him higher than almost every other mexican player in teh game and better than half the players in the game and never seen him play 1x.

3. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    www.cooperativa.cl
    Jueves 28 de diciembre de 2006

Fútbol: Venezuela analiza cambiar fecha del sorteo de la Copa América

El sorteo correspondiente a la Copa América 2007 previsto para febrero en Caracas, podría cambiar de fecha, según indicaron portavoces de la organización en Venezuela.

Aristóbulo Istúriz, presidente del Comité Organizador Nacional (CON), indicó este jueves a los periodistas en rueda de prensa que el sorteo pudiera celebrarse el 8 o el 14 de febrero, después que originalmente se propusiera el 6 del mismo mes.

"Hasta ahora tenemos el 8 o el 14 de febrero como fechas posibles", ratificó Istúriz, sin mencionar el porqué del retraso de seis días. (EFE)
    -------------------------------------
    Así como va la cosa, el sorteo terminará siendo como en abril:eek:

4. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Que tan dificil puede ser llevar a cabo un sorteo? :confused:

5. ussoccerFan12358

Mar 11, 2006
    Central NY
    I hate it when we get ranked that high, because then our fans start to believe in the rankings, and most importantly our players as well (see World Cup).

6. ussoccerFan12358

Mar 11, 2006
    Central NY
    Personally, I can't stand Landon Donovan, and I know many Americans agree with me there. You should see some of the LD-bashing that goes on on the US boards!

7. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Not to be mean or anything but in copa america 2007 I really wanna see if the usa can hang espeacially with the big boys of the tournament and I don't cosider Mexico the big boys. It took Mexico so long to get some respect from south america.

8. MesQueUnClub

MesQueUnClub New Member

Jul 23, 2006
    I think that the US is going to have a respectable showing, but then again I expected that in the WC. I dont know why you care how the US does Mosco, lets just worry about how our team does IMO.

9. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    And what was your opinion of him after the 02 world cup?????

They said that??? which one of them???
    because if they were mexicans and they said that....man I never seen a mexican say that we should be ashamed when we lose, they love to see mexico lose, and specially they(the ones with the microphones) love to see us lose to the big teams, so they can say that we are not as good as they are, because a true mexican don't want to see another mexican win or trascend in life.....

10. ussoccerFan12358

Mar 11, 2006
    Central NY
    I thought he was a nice guy:p . But seriously, a lot can change in 4 years, he's currently not in camp with the rest of his teammates because he's on his honeymoon:rolleyes: .

11. chipotaple

chipotaple Member

Mar 31, 2006
    CA
    Club:
    CD Chalatenango
    :confused: that doesn't make any sense. Mexicans want to lose? OK, whatever floats your boat.

12. chipotaple

chipotaple Member

Mar 31, 2006
    CA
    Club:
    CD Chalatenango
    That wasn't Uruguay's main squad! Who the hell was "Bueno" as a main striker, who the hell was "la cebolla", and where was recoba, forlan, olivera, zalayeta, get the facts straight, there was no main squad in peru, except for mexico.

13. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I could of sworn Peru and Ecuador also brought their main squads.

14. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    It is becoming a tradition in Copa America that the only teams to bring complete squads are the hosts and the invited teams. Last Copa America it was Peru and Mexico and I think Costa Rica bought most of their main team as well...I remember Chile like Colombia sending a mix of subs and the main players.

This Copa America it will be Venezuela to go all guns blazing, although rumors are Chile will also take a full squad (Valdivia, Mati Fernandez, Suazo, Mark Gonzalez..etc). Then again they told us the same last year and only half of the 'A' team showed up. :mad:

15. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I think Chile will have a stronger squad then then last time and also Mexico

16. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    For the SA countries, especially those who did not qualify for the WC, have no true "A" squads, and are technically rebuilding.

17. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    The squads that did not qualify have had more time to rebuild, so I'd expect teams like Peru, Chile, Colombia or Uruguay to bring their A squads. We still have 6 months before the Cup so, in my eyes, it's more than enough time to rebuild.

I really don't see why Chile doesn't bring their A squad ALL the time to Copa America. Perhaps ANFP officials and coaching staff need to be reminded that we've never won the darn thing? Personally I think this upcoming Copa America is the perfect exam for this new group of players to show us what we are capable of... it would be unwise to not take advantage of it.

18. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    brazil and argentina's B squads and olympic teams are really talented...

19. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    very true any team brazil takes to copa america is challenging

20. Jay510

Jay510 Member+

Apr 21, 2002
    Gadsden Purchase, AZ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    why is it that teams dont bring their full sides....what else is going on in the summer that this is an issue? This is the biggest tournament in S. America, i dont get it

21. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    This summer, yea, I would expect full strenght sides, but two summers ago both Argentina and Paraguay sent their U23s as preparation for the Olympics in Athens.

Metro

22. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Brazil didn't make the Olympics so I don't know why they would of brought an U23 team.

23. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Sorry. :eek:

Metro

24. ROMERO879

ROMERO879 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    It's because their clubs in Europe "recommend" them not to play during the summer and rest instead for the upcoming season.