Cool Tradition (IMO)

Discussion in 'High School' started by sam_gordon, Nov 11, 2021.

1. sam_gordon

sam_gordon Member+

Feb 27, 2017
    One thing my son's HS team has done for I don't know how many years and I think it's cool and someone may want to start the tradition at their school.

At the end of the End of Season banquet, each Senior gets up with their jersey and "hands it down" to an underclassman. They sometimes give a description of why the picked that person. The underclassman gets first dibs on that number the following year, but don't have to wear it. It's more for symbolism.

Anyway, thought it was kind of cool.

bigredfutbol and soccerdad72 repped this.
  2. soccerdad72

soccerdad72 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Apr 5, 2021
    That does sound like a cool tradition. Unfortunately for us, all our players needed to turn in all the uniforms and gear last week and our banquet is next week, so the players don't have jerseys to "pass down".

My son did end up keeping his warmup jacket - he figures if anyone notices it's missing, he'll give it back. But in the meantime, he's wearing to school each day (they're limited as to what they can wear to school - Catholic school, but team gear is normally allowed). He also figures the warmup, along with the rest of the uniform, will be his next year as well, since as a captain, he'll have first choice of uniforms.

bigredfutbol repped this.
  3. sam_gordon

sam_gordon Member+

Feb 27, 2017
    We turn in our gear to. The "uniform manager" brings the senior's jersey's to the banquet and they get hung up to the side.

Good deal.

bigredfutbol repped this.