Cookies possibly corrupt?

Discussion in 'Technical Problems and Bug Reports' started by Kryptonite, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I click "show first unread post", aka the little arrow pointing down, right beside a thread title, more often then not, it'll take me to a post i've already read.

It's similar to stopping a movie, and rewinding about 5 minutes of it, so you can remember where you left off.

Also, similar things happen when I refresh. It'll take me back a few posts.
    Note - it doesn't happen all the time. Maybe it had something to do with the one server being messed up? (and as soon as I post this, it appears the problem has left. Or maybe not.)

Is a deletion of cookies in order? Something else I should try? Thanks.

2. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    This reminds me of something curious that happened awhile ago - I clicked the link on Soccer365 to their message board and got this forum, with a Soccer365 heading.

I had to delete all of my cookies to get the Big Soccer back. Has management agreed to loan their forum to Soccer 365?

That old forum they had was a real doozy, you could take any name you wanted for each post. Lotsa trolls there.

3. MLS3

MLS3 Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Pac NW
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i can't start a new thread so i am just posting here cuz i've asked a bunch of times and no mod will give me an answer...

i've had this yellow card for a year and a half

reason i got it...

a newbie troll posted after each one of my posts for a week straight, i tried to tell the mods, no one did anything, i said something about a mod being an idiot and all of a sudden i got a yellow card and everyone refuses to take it back...

its almost christmas people, be happy...

4. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Look on the very bottom of your screen. You see a pull-down menu that says "quick style chooser"?? Try setting that back to BigSoccer.

5. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Have you tried PM'ing the mod that gave you the card? If you don't know who did, PM a supermod.

6. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    If you hit mark all forums read, you won't have that affect krypto. It's because you are still in the same session.

7. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahh ok, I gotcha. Thanks.