Cooke's injury?

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by JasonMa, Sep 2, 2007.

1. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone got the full story? They mentioned his absence on the Telfutura coverage, but I don't know Spanish. From a post in MLS N&A:

If true, we're f***ed

2. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    Why didn't the Altitude guys know about the seriousness of this??? Don't they communicate with the Rapids???

3. milehimarc

milehimarc New Member

Aug 16, 1999
    Northglenn, CO USA
    There was no word from the Rapids on Cooke and he did not appear on the injury reports...and, as most of you know, there is no more travel for road broadcasts.
    And yes, the camera work on corners, etc...was atrocious.

4. miguel

miguel Member

Nov 26, 1998
    I just got some good news on Cooke's injury from someone who was with him at practice last week and he thinks he nursing a slight groin strain and a bruised shin he picked up last week. Hopefully, he'll be OK for the LA game. You can sure see the difference between todays crosses and right side runs and when he's on the pitch... Good luck Terry...:D

5. Independiente

Independiente Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 15, 2005
    Littleton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, Ugo can beat a guy now and then, but loses it with a sloppy dribbling touch. Not much in the way of crossing. I also hope that putting Niko wide there at the end isn't a sign that he might play there--I'd rather see Nico than Niko on the right. I hope Terry's injury isn't too bad, we need him.

6. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    The report sounds like they were talking about Gargan and not Cooke. I think if that had happened a few of us in Denver would've heard by now.

7. teddy_montoya

teddy_montoya RapidsThugLife

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont think this injury is anything serious, at least I hope...

8. Love Football

Love Football Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Longmont, Co
    The match up page on the website has been updated, it appears to have just been an oversight. As Miguel said, he has a groin strain. I feel bad for thinking that is good news! :eek:

9. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    A little bit reassuring I suppose...

This was starting to sound like the mysterious "family matters" or "stubbed toe" incidents that seem to rear their ugly heads on our most promising players , then they disappear to their homelands never to be heard from again.

10. deron

deron New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Centennial, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does this fit Cooke's typical pattern? It seems like he has got hurt around the final run for the playoffs each year he's been here.

11. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the Spanish announcers during the game, they said that he had picked up the injury in the Galaxy game last week and that he hadn't practiced the entire week prior to the game. That was news to me. You would think the Rapids would actually communicate with their fans.

I really thought the Rapids missed Cooke out there. Service from the wings (with the exception of Medhi's cross for Casey's goal) wasn't all that good. From the reports here, it sounds like his injury isn't all that bad. Here's hoping he's back for next week. With the playoff push in full swing, I think I'd rather have Cooke out there than Sanneh.