Convocados for USA Game

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team: News, Analysis & History' started by DegenerateScum, Jan 26, 2008.

1. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca
    Dude did you read the article posted above??

2. Chivas100

Chivas100 New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Chicago
    I wouldn't mind Cuauh to play our World Cup qualifying games he was in form. He said he would only play official games not friendlies.

3. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    it'd be a nice way to send him off

i think he needs like 2 or 3 more games to reach 100 with the NT

not quite sure though

4. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    En su momento dijo que Sinha no merecia estar en la seleccion porque es naturalizado, que no salga ahora con mamadas. Baustista no estaba en mejor forma que sinha, Temo, maybe, but his attitude sucked.

5. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't have much faith in oem.com.mx articles. Its like trying to base all your news from reading the onion.

So wtf Hugo?

Naturalizados?:(

6. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    obviously you are not christian, Jesus christ would never change his mind about naturalizados... hugo sanchez did...

7. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    I can't help but laugh when I read or hear this chicanos get bent out of shape because naturalizados play with the NT

Sinha is probably more Mexican than these guys.

8. Nightmare310

Nightmare310 Member+

Dec 6, 2007
    The Streets
    So who should be called up now that Guardado is out? I'd like to see Villaluz on the list.

9. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    thats what I said long time ago too...

funny stuff

whats even more ironic and hysterical is how hugo flips faster than a tortilla en el comal..

10. Gaspar Yanga

Gaspar Yanga New Member

May 18, 2006
    Compton
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [youtube]ZVoJpyBg8kM[/youtube]
    [youtube]fr59wXAnxEQ[/youtube]
    [youtube]nODTtAMGnqQ[/youtube]

11. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :rolleyes:

Thank you. Hugo is full of sh!t and so are his apologists

12. Danielson09

Danielson09 New Member

Oct 30, 2007
    theres a lot of dudes out there who deserve a call by hugo... im just wondering y el gringo Castro was excluded ..thts who i think should be called tht wasnt (and maybe Santana who is on fire now) ......its hugo so anything is expected from him ..but who do u guys think deserves a shot at el TRI

13. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca
    I have followed some of the Links that have been posted by some... Hugo's message has always been that at the time there were born Mexicans available that would fulfill the same function as the naturalizados that were being called up. If you have a link that says differently I would gladly consider changing my position.

I'm interested to know what your point of view is on this, do you think Hugo is doing what is best for Mexico by opening the door for Sinha? If so, what does it matter if he supposedly flopped? Would you rather have a coach that sticks to his guns no matter how wrong they may be? or would you rather have a coach that can change points of views when he sees that his position was flawed? Many on this site have grown to hate the 4-4-2 if for some reason Hugo was to change his mind... would he be blasted for "flopping" on this or would said decision be a welcome change. Knowing this site I'm fairly sure there are plenty of haters that would blast Hugo for even that.

Like I have said in previous posts, Hugo simply can't do anything right in the eyes of some.

14. rey arturo

rey arturo New Member

Jul 1, 2006

The theme of how Mexican a natural foreign player is has always been a non-issue for me. I have seen foreigners that value, respect and identify with Mexican culture in all its manifestations. Identity is within the individual. I've seen Mexicans that lap up all the ideology that the US media gives them without the least critical posture; likewise, I've seen gringos that wallow in
    a certain mexican-ness that appears to contradict their own identity.

What bothers me is when players use this issue to their own benefit. Case in point, Guillermo Franco. I have no problem with Zinha, I think he has demostrated that he is Mexican. I have had some problems with Nery (in spite of the fact that by definition, he is Mexican) and still distrust his motives because I still observe that he lacks a Mexican identity. I think one has to understand each case based on its own merits before letting loose all these nationalistic, jingoistic rants.

15. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan

I guess I could go back and look for links to interviews when he was always criticizing Lavolpe and did say that the NT was not for nationalized players. I remember one time in particular when he was interviewed after a Pumas practice and he said that, but I don't have to go that far, just look at the vids Diablo posted. See, now he is changing his tune because it is easier to talk shit than to back it up, that is what I don't like about this guy, he is full of himself and he is shit. I have nothing against naturalized players, but was not happy about Franco's call up either, only because he was coming off an injury. I'm not a Lavople supporter either.

Just like he can't do anything right in the eyes of some, he can't do anything wrong in the eyes of others.

16. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  17. Estevo

Estevo Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    The I to the E!
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  18. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Did I ask for Aguirre to be replaced when he included Caballero?

Did I ask for Lavolpe to be replaced when he included Zinha and/or Franco?

Did I ask for Hugo to be replaced when he included Zinha?

NO.

---------------------

Aguirre and Sanchez made the decision to include those players in a discrete manner. They never attempted to make the possible inclusion of a naturalized player into a soap opera.

--------------------

I never wanted Lavolpe out because he included naturalized players, I wanted him out because

1. he has had a very lackluster coaching career (28 years crap adds up)
    2. he has a tendency to steer away from his coaching 'ideals' when big matches arrive which in my opinion, is the reason his teams have had a history of choking towards the end
    3. his tendency to put people in positions that agree with him
    4. his inability to include players/coaches that do no kiss his ass
    5. AMERICA HAD GONE 17 consecutive years qualifying to the liguilla until this joker came in and ********ed America over.

19. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I do not think its your intention to cherry pick words, but dont you think it is fair to also put what he has said in context?

The way I have interpreted his position on the naturalization issue is

1) do not belittle the players you have to work with
    2) do not seek naturalized players when you have foreign born players that can satisfy the same functions
    3) against players that naturalized for "professional" motives

Have I heard Hugo say that he is against naturalized players, YES but he also follows up with why is against it.

I did think it is fair to say that Bofo and Cuau were in much better form. Bofo was ripping it up in Copa Libtertadores.

20. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

I agree Bofo tore Boca a new one!