Convey gets positive ratings...

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by RoyalMan, Aug 8, 2005.

1. RoyalMan

RoyalMan New Member

May 18, 2002
    Reading
  2. smock7

smock7 Member

Aug 4, 2004
    New York City
    You still get the feeling he has a lot left to prove. I am pulling for him, as are Reading fans, but Bobby has had enough time to prepare himself for this level. The next ten games are pretty crucial for his standings with his club/country/family/non-commital sexual relationships.

3. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    He'll have to do it every day of his career for the next 5 - 10 years. He's not such an outragous talent that he'll just be in the starting XI on a good English team, but he's good enough to WIN that spot is he keeps working and proving himself

4. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    I though he was as good as Robben. Is he not such an outrageious talent either?

Regardless, I agree with smock. These games are particularly crucial because he falls short, it may be a long time for him to get another chance at this level.

5. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read the thread title and I say, "Hmmm . . . obviously they didn't let BS posters vote for these ratings."

You go, Bobby.

6. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Member

May 30, 2005
    Harrison, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bobby Convey? As good as Arjen Robben? Are we talking about the same players here? :confused:

7. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Yup. Arjen Convey and Bobby Robben, 100% DNA compatible.

8. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im not sure there is such an outrageous talent? Seems to me everyone at that level has to prove themselves week in, week out. Perhaps that's one of the things BC has learned in the past year.

9. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    guys like Rooney, Ronaldo, and Gerrard. they are the ones who don't really have to fight. Or Beasley, Reyna, and Donovan on the USMNT

10. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    That was a quote from Apoo last year when Convey first landed in Reading, that he had "mad game" and was as good as Robben.

11. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    This statement was indeed true...when Robben was out with injury. :)

12. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    go find the quote Metro

13. NBlue

NBlue Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Orlando, Florida
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'll be the second to call bs on this. Poo never said it or anything close to that. (though I think poo does harbor stronger than normal feelings towards bobby). :)