Controlling emotions on the field...

Discussion in 'Player' started by FCBayern1613, Dec 13, 2005.

1. FCBayern1613

FCBayern1613 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    when you are on the dribble cut into your defenders running path and kick your legs back and get tangled up with him and get tripped , gets the foul everytime. or on a corner the man you are marking put your cleats on the back of his heal and when he jumps dig in and his touch will be bad the whole game.

2. nafi16

nafi16 Member

Jan 11, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    sweet. i also heard like, when you beat a player, you ram your knee into his thigh area. should hurt like hell =P

3. move120

move120 New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    Chantilly, Va
    ok so u want to here a story...

we were playing our rivals for control of first in our division, and here NCSL is pretty tough. Anyways, we are tied 1-1 and i have the ball
    i school the ******** outta this one midfielder and then i go the opposite way along the sideline(kinda like reverse in direction) and as i am goin down the sideline, he gets back up and chases afterme. I didnt notice till i felt the push from behind...so i kept going and again he hit me from behind... he gave one more aggressive hit, it was a cheap shot like a hocky check and of course i over exagerated and went down, but the reff didnt call anything. i was so ********in pissed cuz i remember him saying to me " yeah stay down bitch" so i got up and went from behind , all out football dive. He fell straight to the ground and lol i got a straight red...
    but damn it, it was worth it. oh and later another player got a red from our team and we lost the game with 10 mins to go givin up 2 goals... disappointing? yes... worth it? damn right

4. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    I know stuff like this is supposedly "part of the game" but neither makes sense. Why give up the advantage you just earned by drawing a foul? If you've beat him move on and head to the goal.

In the second case, can't you handle him with skill? Also, why run the risk of injuring someone, possibly to the extent of ending his soccer career? Miss-step on that heal and you take out his achilles, injury that could end his career, will probably end it for this year at least.

Intentionally injuring people just boggles my mind, always has even as a player, especially as a coach.

5. Freestyler77

Freestyler77 New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Early on in my 'career' i used to blast referee's when they made stupid mistakes(and got quite a few cards for it) but now i just state my case,(refs usually just ignore it :mad:) then walk away. i take some deep breaths and concentrate on taking my anger out by performing to the best of my abilities and helping my team win. Try it , it works ;)

6. zonametro

zonametro ASU here I come!!

Jan 26, 2006
    Arizona
    i used to get a lot of cards for talkin to the ref but it doesnt matter what you say to a ref hes not gonna listen or change his calls so just ignore him and focus on makin others look bad

7. DaY 23

DaY 23 New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    slough
    i just take it out on the other playas being a keeper you are allowed to raise your knee when going up for a cross so i go for there biggest attacker knok the stuffing out of him i get my aggression out and get away with potentially a dangerous situation

8. Miller2010

Miller2010 New Member

Oct 23, 2005
    U just gotta remeber that if a ref has made his mind up he / she very rarely goes back on that decision and there is nothing u can do about it. Just turn around and walk off thats what i do, pointless getting ureself in trouble or booked for a helpless cause.

9. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    yeah im exactly like you, i got thrown out of a match with 2 seconds left so that didnt really matter last week. If your a leader on the team like I am on mine, set the example. But at the same time if your teams playing sloppy throw a little word with the ref to get a spark. just be careful