Contrary

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by TequilaJoal, Nov 3, 2003.

1. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    to what is being said on here.. and to my prior believes.

Bunker down and play 4-5-1.. let carlos terrorize the forward minded defense.. I have a feeling if we open up the field to much to LD he can hurt us.

I never known this guy to have 2 bad games in a row... they will definately play for set pieces if we bunker in, but I like our wall developement and Gato is tough to break down on sets.

chances are if we can get an away goal on a breakaway its all over!!

Ruiz vs. Dayak and Agoos.. advantage Ruiz

2. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2??? it's up to 3 and counting. :p

I disagree. Playing a defensive game isn't what got LA results the last 3 games. Play the same game plan and look to get the first. what a great time to get the first road win of the season!! :)

3. Kronos

Kronos Member

Sep 11, 2002
    California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't mind a 442 for Sundays match. But I do agree to keep on playing the same style that has given us good results against the smurfs.

The key to the game will be the first 20-30 minutes. If LA can keep San Ho scoreless, the pressure will start to mount on the smurfs. I can then see a few counters going LAs way...

4. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lemme get this straight....

After all the grumblings about overly-defensive "Sigi-ball", we're now advocating adding another defender?

Oi vay. :rolleyes:

Why change things now? If we don't hold the ball on the Smurf's end for any meaningful period, they'll be gunning for us all game long just outside our 18.

Let's not make changes now, after outscoring them 6-1 over the past three games.

*sheesh* ;)

Topper

5. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    I believe we'll see the boys bunker, at least in the beginning, out of necessity if nothing else. I personally despise the strategy, but we all know that the Quakes will come in desperate for goals and will probably be all over the Gs. I think Sigi has already stated that they plan to absorb the pressure at first...which probably translates to bunker. I just hope our forward line stays sharp during this period and makes the most of the few opportunities they will get.

6. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about going balls out for most of the game and then bunker down towards the end? We need a few insurance goals.

7. dawgpound2

dawgpound2 Member

Mar 3, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    After Game one, Sigi said that the size of that crap (my word) field means you are always really in the attack no matter what. He said they would not change up their style and thinking for Game 2.

8. Kronos

Kronos Member

Sep 11, 2002
    California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saying is one thing, doing is another...:)