Conspiracy Theory? allegedly Denmark-England hand in hand to edge out Bosnia & Turkey

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by Barish, Oct 3, 2003.

1. Barish

Barish New Member

Jun 28, 2003
    Istanbul, Turkey
    According to some rumours there is a sneaky alliance between Denmark and England to scratch each other's back in the last round of the qualifiers.

They say that's why an English ref is assigned to Bosnia-Denmark game while a Danish ref is given to Turkey-England clash, which will take place the same day. Apparently Bosnian FA raised a question mark on this coincidence (?) at UEFA while Turkish FA is closely watching what's been going on in front and behind the scenes.

Anyone knows anything about that?

2. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You could have a point if the Danish ref wasn't Nielsen. There's no love lost between England and the prat from Denmark, remember he was the guy who sent Beckham off. I'd expect him to favour Turkey if anyone.

3. Mobile

Mobile New Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Melbourne
    Re: Re: Conspiracy Theory? allegedly Denmark-England hand in hand to edge out Bosnia & Turkey

That long-necked gimp Nielsen hates England and will do anything he can to stitch us up.

In the Argentina game, apart from sending Beckham off he also disallowed Campbell's goal and failed to call a clear handball in the penalty area by an Argie defender in extra time.

I wouldn't get too worried if I were a Bosnia fan.

4. You might be right.
    Bosnia was denied to play at its succefull stadium in Zenica, then the game start was moved from 20:00 to 18:00 (all on Danish request).
    Now this with refrees...

5. Chizzy

Chizzy Member+

She/Her
    United States
    Aug 7, 2003
    Upper Left, USA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you have a link, or proof for that???????

6. banjaLuka

banjaLuka New Member

Sep 27, 2003
    usa
    Well there's nothing we can do about it but watch and discuss with each other, but if either ref does anything unfear it sure will leave a permament mark on that sucker and shame on the team he backs. As far as Zenica goes there is no quastion that the uefa backed the Danes there as they know Bosnia had more chance to win than in Sarajevo. But if Bosnia doesn't win next saturday why should they go to Portugal? field shouldn't make much difference if the team is good enough. I think Denmark is better than Bosnians only on papers but when these two teams meet it's always Bosnia that comes ous as a winner. My personal opinion is that both Bosnia and Turkey will win because the fans are the 12th player on the home team. Man, I just dont wanna see a dayam draw.....

7. banjaLuka

banjaLuka New Member

Sep 27, 2003
    usa
    and by the way...

the latest news from BFA:

Bosnian coach Blaz Slishkovich has announced that he will quit soccer if Bosnia affords to lose to Denmark on October 11 in Sarajevo

Turkey 3 England 1
    Bosnia 4 Denmark 1

8. molosztash

molosztash New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Kim Milton Nielsen ruled out??

I just saw on Eurosportnews that Kim Milton Nielsen was ruled out from Turkey - England match because of an injury sustained in a Danish league match, but I couldn't find a confirmation news on any site, even Eurosport.com!! and I don't know if it is true!!

9. molosztash

molosztash New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Istanbul, Turkey
  10. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    this is a bizarre thread

11. banjaLuka

banjaLuka New Member

Sep 27, 2003
    usa
  12. Barish

Barish New Member

Jun 28, 2003
    Istanbul, Turkey
    The replacement is Collina. Good news for Turkey.

None of Turkish teams, club and national, have ever lost a game refereed by Collina (Turkey: 3 wins, 1 draw; Galatasaray 4 wins, Besiktas and Fenerbahçe 1 win each).

England won 3 games and lost 2 under Collina's moderation. No English club statistics were available to me.

According to a news that appeared in a Turkish newspaper today, Kim Nielsen called above speculations "not enough reason for me to run away from ruling a match like that". He says he won't be able to referee any game for 4 to 6 weeks and he didn't think it would be correct to risk his performance in a game with such a profile because of the agony he's suffering in his leg.

That's fair. He's sharp and to the point.

I think this final resolution puts an end to this speculation.

13. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What paranoia.

You're so terrified of losing the games that you're willing to use the nationality of the referees as an excuse to complain. Disgraceful.

I hope Bosnia get well beaten by Denmark.

14. gunner_21

gunner_21 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Conspiracy Theory? allegedly Denmark-England hand in hand to edge out Bosnia & Turkey.....

And this is wrong because?.......... ;)

15. Mobile

Mobile New Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Melbourne
    Hmmm, let's see. Oh, that's right - it's wrong because it's a load of absolute horseshit.

Anyone who's ever seen Nielsen ref an English side knows how much he hates us. If we were conspiring to get a result in our favour (ludicrous notion anyway :rolleyes: ) we certainly wouldn't pick him.

16. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Yes but maybe all those bad calls he made up to now against England were all part of some masterplan to now help England out. Years and years of anti-England behaviour all to be awarded one game and not be accused of favouring England. My God, The brilliance, the commitment to the plan. England must have known back in 98 that they would be playing Turkey in last qualifier in 2003 and they bribed Milton Nielsen to send David Beckham off. He then got the reputation of being anti-England, which would then lead to him being the perfect man no-one would suspect in the Turkey-England match, 5 years later. My God, this thing must run all the way through to the top of UEFA. After all, they had to rig the Euro qualifier draw to be sure to get Turkey, manipulate the order of the games, make sure that Nielsen was awarded the game...

In related news, the Right wing-NRA-Feminist-Jewish-WASP-Islamofascist conspiracy group will take over FIFA in 2004. All teams will then have a minimum of 5 women on the starting line-ups and all players will be equiped with guns during the game.When a team is suspected of bribery, their stadion will be bombed. A red card will mean the execution of the family of the player. Sepp Blatter's corpse will be dragged around Fifa headquarters seven times by South-Africa WC2006 comité.

17. Barish

Barish New Member

Jun 28, 2003
    Istanbul, Turkey
    ...and the whole world becomes one single state ruled from Brussels, doesn't it? ;)

18. blackpool fc mark

blackpool fc mark New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    BLACKPOOL
    England dont and didnt need help from refs beating a second rate team like the turks.