Conservatives for Kerry...

Discussion in 'Elections' started by pylon, Oct 25, 2004.

1. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Go ahead an claim Zell...

I just hope and pray that Bush loses so I can see your reaction.

2. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    They're called swing voters, as in plural. As in a LOT in every single swing state. Don't get me wrong: Bush has successfully cornered the "security mom" and the "special education/short yellow bus" crowds to offset much of the loss of conservative voters.

But yes, there are a large number of fiscal and/or social conservatives for whom the White House has crossed the line into extremism or "short yellow bus" public/international policy. I met one this weekend. We were talking about ballot initiatives in Berkeley and Oakland, and this guy comes out w/, "Ya' know what... I'm a Republican" [the room stopped, b/c nobody in the North Bay Area admits to such a crime ;)]; he continued, "and I just can't get behind this administration's fiscal irresponsibility. I was for the war in Iraq for ideological reasons, but totally against it b/c we didn't have the $$ for it."

He's voting for Bodonik(?).

3. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    Every conservative president has had a few bad times.

When Eisenhower was president, our tax rates were higher than Sweden's & Kennedy's tax cuts really helped the economy.

Nixon gave us wage & price controls and a bunch of other stuff that Dan reminded us about.

Reagan gave us Lebanon & voluntary restraints on Japanese cars.

But the next time W does something conservative, it will be the first time. W has brought us Lyndon Johnson's foreign policy, Roosevelt's increase in the size of government & some Clinton administration ethics.

4. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ... and W brought his own form of managerial incoherency.

5. a conservative can not vote for someone who supports abortion and gay marriae lets make ourselves clear if you vote for kerry you can go ahead and change your name to liberal and burn in hell for murdering babies good day good bye and go ******** yourself bitches

6. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Good choice for a fiscal con. Figures, since his vote won't matter in California, he might as well vote with his conscience.

Listening to Bill Clinton speak on the radio made me think - if Clinton, America's last conservative president, was running as the Democratic nominee, there wouldn't be a race. Bush would be at Kinko's faxing his concession speech right now.

7. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    I'll put you down as undecided.

8. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reading each one of the cases for Bush, Kerry, Nader, Peroutka (twice), Badnarik, and "none of the above" was very interesting. And although I am very opposed to the isolationist brand of conservatism that is espoused by The American Conservative, it was also very refreshing to get away from all the talking points, all the ****************, and get to the meat of this.

It's also another reminder that we really need more than two choices in this country.

9. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm really starting to like that guy for no other reason than he's good for a laugh. He's like the Hispanic version of Archie Bunker.

10. manu1959

manu1959 Red Card

Jan 19, 2002
    california
    it is a liberitarians are not conservatives