Congressman Jim Moran(D) - PUNK

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Sine Pari, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ
    http://www.thecia.net/users/stewarte/wmVS/seaveyvideo.wmv

Transcript of the above video -

transcript of conversation:

“Yes sir my name is Mark Seavey and I just want to thank you for coming up here. Until about a month ago I was Sgt Mark Seavey infantry squad leader, I returned from Afghanistan. My question to you, (applause)

“Like yourself I dropped out of college two years ago to volunteer to go to Afghanistan, and I went and I came back. If I didn’t have a herniated disk now I would volunteer to go to Iraq in a second with my troops, three of which have already volunteered to go to Iraq. I keep hearing you say how you talk to the troops and the troops are demoralized, and I really resent that characterization. (applause) The morale of the troops that I talk to is phenomenal, which is why my troops are volunteering to go back, despite the hardships they had to endure in Afghanistan.

“And Congressman Moran, 200 of your constituents just returned from Afghanistan. We never got a letter from you; we never got a visit from you. You didn’t come to our homecoming. The only thing we got from any of our elected officials was one letter from the governor of this state thanking us for our service in Iraq, when we were in Afghanistan. That’s reprehensible. I don’t know who you two are talking to but the morale of the troops is very high.”

Moran the worthless cowardly BITCH responds- “That wasn’t in the form of a question, it was in the form of a statement. But, uhh… let’s go over here.” And he took the next question.

I love how our caring elected officials react when confronted

What a coward

How like a Demoncrat

2. URwormfood

URwormfood Member

Mar 24, 2004
    6 feet under: LOT 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats pretty F'd up..

~worm~

3. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, please realise that this kind of idiocy has nothing to do with the little D or R beside the name, politicians are punks. Period. Especially lately.

4. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "punks" is much too kind a word for the worthless, gutless, cowardly, snivelmeisters that run the show in Washington.

5. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    This guy shouldn't have a "D" or an "R" after his name. He should have and "FU" in front of his name, however.

What a complete azzhole!

6. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree that this incident makes Moran look like an a-hole....but IMHO, not anymore of an a-hole than a president who will not even subject himself to opposing viewpoints in similar public settings through attendee screenings, etc. Moran rightly had opposing views shoved in his face......shouldn't the president?

7. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ

You know how you folks bitch when someone says but Clinton did/does it too.........how is this any different

You've got Karlitis

8. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "You folks" ? Careful about your generalizations.

9. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ

You folks as in "you kneejerk everything wrong in the world is the fault of BushCO, message board posting, soccer loving, lefty Demoncrats"

10. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotcha, so you weren't talking to me.

11. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, Moran is a punk. He's good for about three or four of these moments per year, when he's not being nailed for drunk driving or punching someone.

12. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Er....Clinton is out of office, and Moran and Bush are currently in office. Such comparisons are slightly more valid, don't you think?

I'd say the congressman was pretty much a jerk for being so dismissive to someone who has served, and definitely not very light on his feet for not being able to respon intelligently.

But compared to Bush who gets an F for being equally unable to speak or care, this guy gets a D- for at least not requiring everyone in the audience to sign loyalty oaths to get in the door. Still a failing grade.

13. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Ummm, it's different because Clinton is a past president who didn't start a war, and who no longer has an effect on policy, and Bush is the current president who did start the war that the soldier was talking about.

Try to keep up George. ;)

Moran sounds like an ass, but I've got nothing more to go on then this thread. If true, he deserves to get slapped down like this. I agree with the sentiment above that there is no need to put D or R in an evaluation of his apparent character.

14. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Now say the same thing about your worthless president.

15. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I *like* it. The soldier was grandstanding, and Moran wouldn't play along. Good for him.

But Moran is still a horrible congressman, one of those Dems who make me cringe. But my opinion of him just went up a notch.

16. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Or was Moran grandstanding when he said that he had talked to the troops and they were demoralized?

Seems to me that if you have a leg to stand on, you stand on it and defend yourself. I have seen very few politicians on either side that show any genuine concern for the troops. Murtha comes to mind. He apparently made weekly trips to the hospital to visit troops, and actually spent the time to talk to them without flash bulbs popping.

This guy served his country, and got the heisman from his elected officials when he returned home. Then he hears one of them making comments that don't make sense to him, and he called the guy on it.

Good for him.

17. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dunno. What I *DO* know is that we've lowered the standards for recruits because otherwise the armed forces would be short.

18. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Is that why the soldier couldn't distinguish a statement from a question?

(ducks...)

19. BudWiser

BudWiser New Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    FYI Moran just finished a town hall meeting with Murtha. I know because Moran represents my district and invited me in a letter to show up for a town hall meeting with him and Murtha.

I hate Moran's stance on so-called "free trade". He actually voted for CAFTA, going against the will of Pelosi. Go figure.

20. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moran is a complete douchebag, but get over your partisanship, they're all punks; regardless of whether they have (D) or (R) after their name.

edit: speed beat me to it.

21. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ

This thread is about the worthless Demoncrat Moran

You want to point me towards a thread about the POTUS you got it

Pretty gutless "I know you are but what am I response" Roel

22. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ

I will when you get over yours

;)

23. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The wink isn't really all that appropriate when your statement isn't in jest and isn't all that accurate.

24. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Pfft. You call that punk?

He should have spit in the soldier's face, shouted "fuck you, motherfucker," and lauched into a blistering version of "Lexicon Devil."

[​IMG]

25. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ

You're right

If you want me to be honest.......I think you are a pompous ass that hides behind the shield of being a mod to be an insulting jerk