Congratulations to Tom Henning Øvrebø, European Champion - The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Dear_Claudio, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    i would'nt touch that lying little shite with a ten foot poll,other than to beat the prick into a bloody pulp...

2. Randy36

Randy36 New Member

May 9, 2007
    Houston

You're much too harsh on the lad even though his name is Ireland. I guess he's not from Cork City! ;)

3. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Yes. Yes he is! :D

Started his career at Cobh Ramblers, same club as Roy Keane.

4. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Stephen Ireland just has trouble keeping his lies consistent. Plus he has trouble in terms of taste.

[​IMG]

5. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    and thats were the comparsion ends....

6. Randy36

Randy36 New Member

May 9, 2007
    Houston
    Yea, but there's a difference between Cobh, County Cork and Cork City as I'm sure srd will confirm. :)

7. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What the heck? There are international games today?

8. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Stephen Ireland claimed his grandad was dead or something similar to get out of playing for Ireland. His grandparent was shocked at the news.

9. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    To be fair, that's Nigeria, It's not as if it was in Salford, is it.
    There's no question, after seeing our two games against them, ManU's two games against them last year and THEN watching manU's defeat in the final, that the way to play them is to hold the line and hit them on the break. You might only score one goal against them but, as Milan proved back in '93 or whenever it was, that you can also score 3 or 4.

Let's be honest, if we'd have had the pens we rightfully earned we'd have won that game 3 or 4 to 1, even assuming they managed to keep their heads up to get the one. It could easily have been 4 - 0
    Not a fan, eh, SRD? ;) :D
    Is that right? I hadn't heard that.

10. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    from what I understand in a nutshell regarding Ireland

he wanted out of training with Ireland or a call up and said he grandmother was dead. The media found out that was bollox after he was excused and he then said it was his paternal grandmother, which was also bollox. The final story was that his girlfriend had a miscarriage and he wanted to be with her.

Why he couldnt tell the FIA that at the time is beyond me.

11. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  12. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hey! Nobody said these fellas were bright, did they. Certainly this guy appears to be a pork pie short of a picnic, that's for sure.

Good player, though.

Best not to have him in our squad though as otherwise SRD's head will explode :D

13. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Yeah... one's as shit as the other, and the third happens to be Cobh. :D

But in fairness the girls in Kinsale are out of this f'king world for some unknown reason...

14. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    So were or weren't you in the 'Roy Keane is Satan' camp after WC02? I still say though he went a little overboard, he was completely corrrect that having no training gear or footballs for a football World Cup training camp is a little, errr, shite... to be honest.

15. Yaroni

Yaroni Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    chelsea and steve clearke a la EPL

16. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    That's the guts of it. to best honest maybe I am a little soft on him, but I think the guy has serious mental issues and should not be forced of pressured to play for Ireland ever again. If he is, that is a guaranteed recipe for him to never even consider returning. I didn't get it at first, but I really, really think Trappatoni is taking the perfect approach by not talking about it and fobbing of journo's questions about it with pretty much the exact same answer every time ("when/if he is ready"). If and/or when Ireland returns to the int'l setup then it is fine by me, but he will have to work his way up from the bottom rung. It's very unfair imo to pressure him into doing otherwise (as the Irish media have been quite shameless in the last 2 years) because he is obviously quite a mentally unstable individual.

A big reason he turned down Man Utd for Man City a few years ago (e.g. when Ctiteh were pure cack) was because it felt so more personal, friendly and less intimidating. For all his 'Chad Ocho Cinco' moments, the guy really is a fragile f'ker underneath it al imo, and should just be left alone. As a diagnosed bipolar in the past, as having known some people with far worse versions of it, I genuinely fear for his personal well being and safety if the Irish media continue to badger him at they do at every int'l round of games.

It wasn't fair for him to lie to us as he did, but the guy is genuinely mentally unwell, and he should be laid off of before he becomes a case study in media ethics in college courses.

17. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    im from Mayfield,nuff said bud....

besides it was mostly fai fanboy jackeen twats baying for Keanos blood at the time.funny that those same guys were crying into their pints with joy when he returned.

i mean jesus wept no footballs and expected to train on a feckin car park.

18. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :confused:

19. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    [​IMG]

i mean if anyone ever needed a good kicking for their own sake it's this fecker....

20. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    For Ben7021

personally i love the dubs,but for those F.A.I fanboy brigade.
    ive no problem calling them a bunch of jackeens,which they are...they showed their true colours that time during the saipan incident.

anyway enough with the Keano can of worms before it gets emotional :D

21. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'm think that means FAI fan boys wanted Keane's blood. Could be wrong.

22. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ah. Didnt get fai or jackeen. Makes more sense now :)

23. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Oh... I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry.

:D

It was also pretty much every ABU and/or Liverpool fan too, not to the mention the vast majority of the press. Nobody seemed to interested in what actually happened, just more that "Man United's captain did it, and despite his performances for the national team over the last 8-10 years this is our golden chance to vilify him to the whole country, so let's do it!"

Yeah, but they're the good guys in all of this right? How dare - how f'king dare the captain of his national team demand for him and his players to have footballs to do their football training with?

I mean, if eating ham & cheese sandwiches, fried breakfasts, drinking milk etc at team lunches before games wasn't bad enough (that will kill an Irishman's endurance in an Asian summer accounting for climate)...

End result..., Roy Keane is the villain, John Delaney is still in charge of the FAI, and almost to a man, every single twat that called Keane the Antichrist for what he did in '02 is now either raging about how poor the national team has done in the 7 years since, or have moved on and decided it's more 'chic' to go and latch on the 'The Ruggers' as they cheer on Paul O'Connell, Flannery & co. with their Blackrock D4 accents. It's embarrassing, but that's us as a nation.

You know, I wouldn't have minded as much if it hadn't been Roy Keane who literally got us to WC02 entirely on his own (well, Given played very well in qualifiers too).

24. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Shit... should've scrolled down before replying. Too late! :eek:

25. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    lol buddy :D

nice reply though...