Congratulations to Tom Henning Øvrebø, European Champion - The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Dear_Claudio, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  2. sportscribe

sportscribe Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Well that...and they really looked poor.

And the players definitely had a jaded look about them. Good job inflating their heads media!

3. Portugeezer!

Portugeezer! Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Raynham, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Who cares about that. There's more important things to deal with, like making sure Drogba and Bosingwa are punished for their crimes against humanity! :rolleyes:

4. sportscribe

sportscribe Member

Jul 2, 2007
  5. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    If those men had yelled "YOU'RE A DISGRACE!!!!" to eachother, then I'm sure Uefa would have taken action swiftly.

6. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    While I won't disagree with drunkeness being a big factor in a lot of fan violence, those two are a different set of people from the stabbing incident as far as I can tell.

7. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    thank all they are enforcing no flag throwing, one might have caught fire on one of the flares going off

8. sportscribe

sportscribe Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Yeah, they are seperate incidents. But if you always read these articles involving such disorderly conduct, alcohol will be mentioned 9/10 times. While stabbing someone is barbarous and inexcusable, you'd have to think that these guys aren't just going around stabbing people indiscriminately. People should learn to better conduct themselves when they venture into foreign places. But yeah, inexcusable.

9. sportscribe

sportscribe Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Haha.........

10. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I just realized that whoever visits our forum, they will know who won the CL even w/out going into this thread.

11. Randy36

Randy36 New Member

May 9, 2007
    Houston
    What a sad performance from Man Utd. They lacked passion and were quite flat. Fergie got it wrong tactically and failed to cope with Barca's excellent passing game. I don't feel sorry for them and am glad they won't be visiting this site to rile us. :eek:

12. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Now I remember why I rarely ever check the main BigSoccer page.

This year's CL is the first time since 1994 where the undisputed 2 best clubs face off in the Final.

Undisputed...yeah...sure...

13. Lamps>Gerrard

Lamps>Gerrard Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeaaaaaaaaah......United were crap, Barca hardly "dominated".

Messi - What's all the hype about? Did nothing against us, and hardly did a thing against United besides a rather tidy goal.

Barca were absolutely HANDED this championship. Pretty sad.

14. Lamps>Gerrard

Lamps>Gerrard Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you guys hear what the commentator said earlier in the game after the 1st goal?

Here's basically what I heard:

"The referee's been great, letting things continue blah blah, Henry had booted the ball as far as he could into the United crowd, and the referee did nothing, well done.

W....T....F

15. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He also didn't book Ronaldo for a frankly shocking tackle on Puyol.

16. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I thought he did get booked for that? Ronaldo got booked for something.

There maybe were some minor mistakes, but the ref did have a good game overall. Although if Man U had gone up who knows.

17. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Yea he got a card.

18. I-Got-The-BLUES

May 1, 2006
    Orlando, Florida.
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    He got booked for knocking him over in the corner.

But it was nice that after that huge battle between the pair, they managed to shake hands at the end.

19. Lamps>Gerrard

Lamps>Gerrard Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He went in studs up yeah, but the replay showed absolutely minimal contact.

20. StamfordBridgeView

Aug 23, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Three weeks later and I STILL cant believe Landon Donovan scored on us

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Played well today, and I even heard some give him MOTM, anyways, lets just hope he rides this momentum into the summer

21. Portugeezer!

Portugeezer! Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Raynham, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I was wondering why Iniesta's face annoyed me so much. Now I know it's because he's Landycakes' twin.

22. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Minimal contact or not, it was a pretty shocking foul, completely wild and uncontrolled 'tackle'.

I'd be one of those people giving Iniesta MOTM. Also maybe we'll finally see an end to people calling Ronaldo better than Messi after tonight. Messi may not have sparkled a great deal, but he did a lot of subtle, quiet things that caused problems for United and of course scored a brilliant goal with an even better celebration. Ronaldo did... er, I'm not sure.

23. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, 1968, with Georgie Best. Now THERE was a great player.

TBH, the ones since then have been a little bit... well... suspect, tbh. They won in 1999 after being the 2nd best team on the night and scored in the last 90 seconds of the match, not giving Bayern the chance to come back at them. Pure luck, frankly.

In 2008 they won only pens again so all this crap about them being 'clearly superior' is bullshit because if JT doesn't slip, they lose.

This year it has to be said it's probably caught up with them because, bluntly, those were two very, very weak goals. With the first one Vidic just has to run Eto towards the bye-line coz there's nobody to cross to and with the second one Rio completely loses the man he's meant to be marking and a player 6 inches shorter gets a header against him and scores.

You'd expect West Brom to make a better fist of stopping those. :D Well done to the Barca players and all that but piss-poor defending.

24. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, there shouldn't even be a question mark over it, IMO.
    Good luck with that :D

25. Randy36

Randy36 New Member

May 9, 2007
    Houston
    Georgie Best was one of my few Man Utd favourites. I doubt he could have helped this lot out. They were flat and the defence folded under the pressure of the Barca attack. I hope he's not turning over in his grave!