Congratulations San Jose

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by IBleedTeal, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You just lost a professional soccer team, and one of the best things your city could have ever taken part in.

With the SSV newsletter about the stadium issue not being on the city council agenda, and the recent SJ Mercury article, I believe this team is gone.

If it were up to me, i'd stage a protest about the city's handlings of the matter, since obviously the "supporting rally" didn't work. City council members weren't there, and all the ***** that went down on December 6th seemingly has no impact on the morons that serve.

F AEG
    F Ron Gonzalez
    F Baseball
    F SJSU
    and most of all
    F the city of San Jose

Let's all give SSV a last hurrah for "making a difference", and hope we can coax the truth of the matter out of them some day.

Goodbye San Jose Earthquakes
    From Eric Wynalda in the side netting to one off Brian Ching's head, its been fun.

2. Olson50

Olson50 New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Durham, England
    The above is not terribly positive or constructive but, unfortunately, is probably nevertheless 100% accurate. :(

3. Moki

Moki Member

Jul 16, 2004
    USA
    IBT Lots of emotion there but I agree with you 100%. Well said. It Seems like the Quakes are getting a shaft job from several directions and for different reasons. It's awfully hard to fight city hall and their money and politics. Kudos, though, to those whose efforts are huge and continuing.
    :(

4. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN
    It's not over till its over ! ! ! ! ! We still need to hear it officially & then I will believe it ! ! ! NEVER GIVE UP ! ! ! ! NUNCA TE RINDAS ! ! ! ! !

5. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    And then what?
    You hear it officially, and then what?
    You hold a goodbye parade?
    You praise everyone for all their work in their attempt to save the team?

It's all *******
    I'd rather just accept it and get it over with.

6. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN
    Hey why not ! ! ! ! They never held a parade for the Team when they won both championships ! ! ! ! !

7. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    the fat lady might just be clearing her throat...but, what else is new?! She's been warming up for years. f'ing b@st@rds!

8. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    blame it on baseball! let the city council keep holding on to that pipe dream! :rolleyes:

9. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    I still doubt AEG has a better option than seeing SJ propped up for one more season, somehow, while the City and SVS&E work out something permanent.

10. JohnHolmes

JohnHolmes BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 12, 2005
    Ron Gonzales wants baseball instead of soccer for several reasons: He likes men on steroids, who play all the bases, he likes baseball bats, and he likes small, heavy balls.

11. 1Bri Fanatic333

1Bri Fanatic333 New Member

Jul 12, 2000
    Then accept it, get over it, and leave the boards. Why visit here if there is not eam in your mind? Buy bye

12. JMichaels

JMichaels New Member

Feb 17, 2003
    Blame Canada!!!

13. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Why not?
    Go hump a mascot.

14. denver_mugwamp

denver_mugwamp New Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Well, I've come down hard on the Quakes fans for unrealistic attitudes sometimes, but I'm not totally convinced the team is gone. Mr. Teal bases his assumption on the stadium not being on the agenda but city councils are hardly ever the part of city government that negotiates. They usually approve a deal after someone else has put it together. This is, of course, not to say that the Quakes aren't going to be moved before 2006, but I'm guessing that there might still be some conversations going on. If AEG moves the team, you won't need a soothsayer or an Ouiji Board to let you know. It will be announced. So for now, I wouldn't give up hope.

15. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    hey. its his god given right to be melodramatic where his team is concerned. it doesn't help any. he's still totally powerless. but at least he's not one of the horribly pessimistic chicken littles who is sure MLS is going to fold tomorrow and the U.S. is going to lose all three games and whines about it constantly. i think that race is slowly going extinct, and it makes me happy.

I do this at least once weekly. If you'd like the website URL i can send it to you in PM. only costs $12.95 monthly. Credit Cards only.

16. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Well, well, well. Sparky's a boy dog, isn't he?

17. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    :eek:

Well yes... but its a chick under the suit.

I hope.

18. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Sounds somewhat Humoerotic.

19. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC

First, its a she.

Second, I don't at all think the U.S is going to lose three games.

Third, I'm sick of all the blind optimism. and I think all the praise and wishfull thinking is stupid.

I'd ask you how the Fusion and Mutiny are looking for next year, but I'm sure we'll be in the same boat soon.

20. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Well, it sure as hell beats blind pessimism!

21. RSLKamasBranch

Nov 2, 2005

I think you're attacking the wrong person here. Read his post again, he was defending you, except for the part where he said "it doesn't help any," and that wasn't really an insult.

22. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i'm sorry its taken so long to respond, but i've been crying. alot.
    so... not to be a prick...

but why is blind pessimism better than blind optimism? so the scale is tipped a little against you. you have probably bought yourself one more year of time to work something out for no other reason than that the team has not moved yet.

maybe you'll go to an xmas party and find 10,000 other like-minded individuals who will be willing to splash out a thousand a year to keep your MLS team.

never mind. i guess i am quite bad w/ the blind optimism. i'm going to go find my mutiny scarf and cry for a bit more.

take care.

23. shasta

shasta New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    AEG SVCKS
    Heh.

24. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does this mascot walk upright or on all fours? (And you can't answer yes ;) )

25. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Because that matters to the BS DOMs?