Congratulations [R]

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Sandon Mibut, Jul 26, 2009.

1. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Re: Congratulations Mexico [R]

Mexico is not inferior to the us. Mexico outlasted the us in the last World Cup, which is what really matters. Learn about the sport before you post.

I'll hook you up with an ESL book for your birthday. Welcome to the usa.

2. Justin Z

Justin Z Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Club:
    Heart of Midlothian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes, it is. You have a clear agenda and you're ignoring the majority of well-wishers in this thread to push it.

In faux-response to your loaded question, when did you stop beating your wife?

In serious response, I was smiling to myself every time Mexico kept pouring on another goal. Having been in situations where my team hadn't beaten a rival in a long time, I was happy for the Mexican players whom you could see it looked like a psychological load was being taken off their shoulders. Plus, unlike many of the past teams, whom I could freely criticize for diving, foul play with headbutts and karate kicks, etc., these players (mostly kids) seem to be pure class. It's a real refreshing change in the rivalry.

I can appreciate all that, as a soccer fan. So yes, I'm taking this 5-0 loss fine. Thanks for asking.

3. Beautiful Game 2010

Jul 11, 2006
    Western Hemisphere
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Of course you are right. My bad. It all makes sense now...

Seriously dude, the word is perspective. Look it up.:)

4. dred

dred Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    Land of Champions

This thread sets a new high for most pointless use of [R] in a title.

Any mods home?

5. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown

I don't beat my wife, though sometimes I oughtta....

I'm not ignoring the well wishers. Just responding to the sore losers. They are not the majority.

6. Celtigo

Celtigo Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Great Lakes Region (The Other One)
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Wse is there to say? We got outclassed today. The loss wasn't all that surprising, but the other lack of heart by the US team and the absolute beatdown wasn't pretty.

7. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

LOL, it's "USA" not "usa". I'll hook you up with some "Hooked on Phonics" though if you want. ;)

Mexico had an easier group because they were seeded. Iran and Angola? What a joke of a group.

Where was Mexico in the Confed Cup? Olympics? That's right they couldn't qualify. Couldn't beat the US in the GC that matters and couldn't escape a group of Guatemala, Canada, and Haiti. ROTFLMFAO!!!

Bottom line: The US has won it's games against Mexico when it matters. 02 World Cup, Gold Cup (the one that actually qualifies you to the Confed), and the WCQ's at home.

8. Justin Z

Justin Z Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Club:
    Heart of Midlothian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Luis while I feel your sentiment we have no leg to stand on -- on this day, anyway. We got shellacked and that's pretty much the end of it.

Props to Los Tris. Campeones Oros.

9. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown

It's "usa".

You're making excuses for 2006 now? Hahaha.

Bottom line: Mexico advanced out of its group when it mattered. 2006 World Cup

10. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Which what the US would have done had they been in that group.:D

This is going no where. Congrats for today. You guys CLEARLY deserved it. We'll see you on the 12th when we'll both be at full strength (hopefully).

11. Fus3r

Fus3r New Member

Nov 7, 2006

Besides possibly Torrado and for sure Magallon, no one else was a sure starter for Mexico before this tourney. Gio and Vela earned it which is different.

12. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Congratulations on your team's win today. I hope you're enjoying it. They played very well.

13. Beautiful Game 2010

Jul 11, 2006
    Western Hemisphere
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

No, it is USA (derived from United States of America).

However, you are right about the game today. No excuses. I just wish that we had some better players for our national team so that we could better compete with Mexico. Oh yeah, I almost forgot about those guys we used to send out to play against Mexico, they did O.K. as I recall...;)

14. TFoAV

TFoAV New Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Congrats to Mexico for finally getting over a 10 year hump and beating the US outside of Mexico. Who cares if it was their reserve side against a definitely-not-full-strength US side? It's all good, Mexico won fair and square. They brought the intensity, we didn't. They looked like they wanted to win, our guys had a look of "Well shoot, at least we're HERE." Can't hate on Mexico for finally beating us, they were definitely better today.

Let's see if our full-strength side can get over THEIR hump and beat Mexico in Mexico. Should be an epic contest.

15. bney7

bney7 Member

Mar 5, 2008
    PA

Don't you have anything better to do than troll a USA forum? If you're older than 15-16 I'd be shocked.

16. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown

How am I trolling? This conversation ended like an hour ago. Go watch the Simpsons or something

17. Mr Martin

Mr Martin Member+

Jun 12, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats to Mexico. They earned the win with a spectacular second half.

All the chest-thumping and verbal sparring is silly and juvenile. The better squad won. That's how sports and competition usually ends up, and it should always be that way.

18. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

To put it bluntly, our extra guys have more important things to do, like working their way into their club team rosters (or working to get their teams into the playoffs, the Galaxy would've lost without Donovan last night).

Now as to why we had Jay Heaps instead of say Marvell Wynne, Logan Pause instead of SomebodyAnybody, or why this group of players failed so tremendously defensively, well, those are better questions.

But as far as this thread goes, Vela and Dos Santos are the real deal. We now officially have a lot more to worry about, these guys aren't the usual bunch of ********-ups up front.

19. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown

So did our guys, like Rafa at Barca. etc.

20. Chastaen

Chastaen Member+

Alavés
    Jul 9, 2004
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Piss poor winners to go with the folks that act piss poor when Mexico loses.

Just for those that acted like adults it wasn't a generalization of all Mexico fans, just the ones that are acting like it...and the one quoted.

21. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007

I would be also be worried with Pique and Puyol as competition. Actually looks like both our teams #1 CB's will be #3 on their club teams.

22. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Right, but this was your only tournament this summer, so you brought more of your best than we did. I sure as hell wouldn't expect our guys to play another tournament after playing the entire Confed Cup, then rush headlong into preseason. That would be sucky and stupid.

Fact is, the Gold Cup should be a 4 year tournament, and the only reason it's not is $$$$$$. It's a road show so Latinos living in America can go see their homeboys and make CONCACAF a bunch of dough, while throwing a bone to the rinky-dink teams who will rarely if ever make it to the World Cup so need something to play for. I'm pained by the beatdown, both as a fan and for our players, but ultimately it ain't no thang.

If this happens next month though? Uh, yeah, that'd hurt like a bitch....

23. Fus3r

Fus3r New Member

Nov 7, 2006

That was very enjoyable to read and very true. Agreed on 4 years!

24. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Notre Dame fans do.

25. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown

Dude, I was just responding to the sore losers. Read the thread.

Just let go already