Congratulations!!! 31st TITLE!

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Mauly, May 4, 2008.

1. Legacy

Legacy New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    London
    I (and other members) of this forum will really appreciate it if someone makes a video highlight of the season with most of the goals and some good music! The longer the video the better it will be ;)

Thank You!

2. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Besides winning the 31st title, Real madrid also won the title of the team of the decade. Real Madrid has won 4 titles to Barcelona's 2 titles with one season remaining in the decade. I am counting 2009-10 season as the next decade.

3. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    It didn't have the build up that last year's title had, but I lost my mind when Higuain scored.

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ha ha, same here.

Man, really, that was a way to win a league title.The setting was perfect, and the timing of the winning goal hurt our opponents by the same amount as it brought us joy.

It was just perfect.

5. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When Higuain scored the goal, me and my friend ran behind the bar and had a group hug with the bartender. LOL, :D, It was SUBLIME!!!!!!!!

6. LosMerengues89

Jan 1, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was watching this on a stream on my laptop with headphones with my girlfriend studying next to me. When Higuain scored I screamed 'YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!' You should have seen the look on her face. :D

7. zizou555

zizou555 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    i was still cursing the Ossasouna players and the ref(even after Robben scored)with my cule friend on the pc.

Higuain scored and i was stunned
    did we just win the league?i had a big smile he looked at me and stood up and gave me a hug as i was so freaking happy and screaming.

My celebration was a hug with a cule,i m so ashamed.
    (Classy cule ,as he said congrats and gave me a hug)

8. A.H.M

A.H.M Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    I'm so happy and because I've got nothing to do at the moment, I thought I'd just provide a review of each 25 man squad members' performances this season.

1. Iker Casillas - This guy is incredible. One of, if not the best keepers in the world.
    2. Michel Salgado - Although he doesn't have the same pace and impact as before, this guy tries his guts out. He did put in a few strong performances this season. Has been a great servant to the club.
    3. Pepe - What a defender! He really is proving his worth. All he needs is to not suffer any major injuries.
    4. Sergio Ramos - He is turning into a fantastic footballer. He really is growing. He is better in his natural position, at right back. Just has to improve his temperament as he received a fair bit of red cards this season.
    5. Fabio Cannavaro - His overall performance improved from last season. Not sure if he will remain at the club for next season though.
    6. Mahamadou Diarra - I'm a big fan of Diarra. However, his form dipped since returning from the ACN and Gago has taken his opportunities for the DM role. Diarra did however put in a number of monster performances. A lot of speculation of whether he will leave. I hope he stays.
    7. Raul - Real Madrid's heart and soul. He stepped up big time this season. His courage and determination is a great example for his teammates. Aragones is an a*sshole if he doesn't pick him in his Euro 2008 squad.
    8. Fernando Gago - Probably Real Madrid's most improved player. He keeps getting better match by match. Has shown a lot of maturity for his age. He is going to be a star if he keeps it up.
    9. Roberto Soldado - Feel sorry for Soldado. He done well last season at Osasuna, but it was always going to be tough for him to get some minutes with Ruud, Raul, Higuain and Saviola ahead of him. He will most likely leave. A shame because I like him.
    10. Robinho - One of our star players. Produced some brilliant performances and we should do everything possible to keep him at the club for a long time.
    11. Arjen Robben - He cost 36 mil Euros and was injured a lot. But when fit, he showed his class. Great player.
    12. Marcelo - Got a lot of opportunities this season and showed his potential. Although his defensive work needs to improve, he is only 19 and has a lot of time on his side.
    13. Jordi Codina - 3rd choice keeper. Didn't get any minutes.
    14. Guti - Guti will always be Guti. When on his game, he is absolutely class. When he doesn't feel like it, he can be very very frustrating. Still produced some excellent performances this season.
    15. Royston Drenthe - Drenthe is one for the future. I hope we can develop him into a vital member of the team. His pace, skill and eye for goal are great to watch. Will be interesting to see how he goes next season.
    16. Gabriel Heinze - He is rock solid at the back. Hard tackling and a high commitment to the team is great to see. Turned out to be a very valuable signing.
    17. Ruud van Nistelrooy - No Pichichi award this season, but he still managed 12 goals despite suffering a lenthy injury layoff. Still one of my favourite strikers in the world.
    18. Javier Saviola - Only played about 5 or 6 games, but still managed 3 goals. Like others in the squad, he too was out for a while with injury. A lot of people believe he will leave, but his performance v Bilbao last week may change people's opinion.
    19. Julio Baptista - I love Baptista's drive and hard work, although his first touch is what lets him down. Scored some great goals this campaign. The most notable one was that wonder striker at the Nou Camp.
    20. Gonzalo Higuain - Well, this guy is fantastic. He produces at exactly the right time. He was criticized heavily for his poor finishing, but in the last few weeks, he has shown that he is a great talent. Only 20, and I'm sure his confidence in front of goal will grow. Great goal to seal the title this morning. He is becoming a fan favourite.
    21. Christoph Metzelder - Came on a free and hardly played. Was ok, but has been out for a long long time with injury. Injuries are his major problem.
    22. Miguel Torres - Wasn't as effective as his debut season in 06/07. He isn't bad defending, just that going forward he didn't offer much as a full back. I think he is more suited at CB.
    23. Wesley Sneijder - IMO, he and Pepe were the buys of the season. Sneijder was amazing. He has great hustle, hard work, passing, set pieces and a great shot on goal. An excellent campaign. Well done.
    24. Javier Balboa - Didn't play much. Scored in the CL v Olympiakos and set up the crucial goal for Higuain v Racing. He did show his potential when given some minutes. However, I do believe he will leave for more game time.
    25. Jerzy Dudek - Our 2nd choice keeper. Only played 4 games this season, all in the Copa del Rey. He knew he'd be behind Casillas though. Still, he seems to be enjoying Madrid and I wouldn't him staying.

9. suckafree8990

suckafree8990 Member

Aug 6, 2006
    houston
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    so we were in 1st since round 2 correct? just did a quick look over at the leage results for the first 2 rounds and we ended up with 6pts with +6 goal difference. ahhh usually i hate getting up on mondays and heading to the office but today i don't care! because this monday i woke up knowing WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ARE THE CHAMPIOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNS haha sorry just had to do that. hala madrid! next season we get the trifecta!

10. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ^^ Since goal difference doesn't count, I guess we were 1st since round one, well, atleast joint first...

11. kruG

kruG New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Lisbon
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Congrats from Portugal :)

12. Twix

Twix New Member

Apr 28, 2007
    It was an exciting match to clinch it and well done on your 31st title. :)

13. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Campeons Campeons, my bro was next to me and he was all gleaing when osasuna scored and then you should have seen his face when madrid score 2 goals in like 5 mins. Overall, it was probably the fastest comeback i have ever seen.

My bro is a barcelona supporter as well but i dont think he has clue about barcelona.

14. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    Uploaded the title celebrations at Cibeles on youtube

Part 1
    [youtube]zzYSEMR4tkI[/youtube]

Uploading Part 2 now and some clips from inside the plane from Pamplona

15. zizou555

zizou555 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sid lowe i like his angles to tell the story:eek:

Phil ball

Ok so last night,still high from the win,i was watching L'equipe de dimanche a show which shows the highlights from all the big leagues and when they were talking about our win and the 31 they showed the players run into the tunnel and all the stuff you saw but they also showed something i m not sure all did see and i wanted to share.

They showed Calderon go into the VIP room with none other than pedja waiting for him,they looked at each other cracked a huge smile and hugged like 2 kids(must have lasted 10+ seconds),not talking to each other but saying we did it,we won.

It had the feel of 2 friends/madridistas who are so proud of their teams and that really really do care about it and the project,2 fans and not 2 mega rich executives.

I loved the fact that they are friends and that they do care and are so on sinc about the hole issue,that they have such an enthusiasm for everything Madrid and the mind to use it properly.

Made me happy to see that and just wanted to share:).

16. Pundorikakho

Pundorikakho Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Kolkata, India
    Well this is just unbeleivable......after watching the first half yesterday I was thinking that may be we wanted to clinch it against Barca.....but boy o boy.....the final 10 minuted just took my breath away, it also rekindled the sweet memmories from the ( final third ) of the last season.....& I have t say it that we deserved it more than anybody else.....

One other thing I would like to mention, when the penalty was converted & after a few minutes Sneijder was taken off, they showed a footage of him with his head covered by his jacket and looking very dejcted....simultaneously the commentator ( Mr. Rob Palmer ) seemed very happy to say ' cancel the celebrations @ Cibeles, cancel the booking of the (some) hall...etc...' @ that point of time I did feel quite sad......even though i knew we had the title in our pockets, but at times this persistent biased anti-Madrid commentary just gets to me...I wished that somehow if we could get this guy to shut up..........that was the reason that the final few minutes seemed extra sweet to me.............we made him eat his words and how!!!!...for the next 5 mins after Higuain's goal he kept on mentioning about the party that would take place @ the Cibeles and the celebrations that would follow.......just loved it....And finally.............
    CONGRATULATIONS to all Madridistas!!!

17. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    You're not alone...Rob Palmer's commentating of Madrid games is an absolute disgrace....he wastes no opportunity to attack the club over anything and everything. You can positively hear the absolute joy in his voice whenever anyone scores against us, and his every comment seems to try and paint the club in a bad light. There is a complete lack of respect for anything the club has achieved and he is constantly referring to the club as a 'circus' and trying to portray us in a negative way.
    I could almost forgive that if he was a decent commentator, but he has no grasp of the game, calls most things wrong (the deafening silences from Trevor Francis when Palmer looks for support on his reading of an incident are hilarious when they are paired together)...and seems incapable of telling players apart.

18. Pundorikakho

Pundorikakho Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Kolkata, India
    could'nt agree with you more......i have lost count of the no of times he has called Drenthe , Balboa & confused Gago for Ramos and vice versa....

19. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    I've heard him confuse Becks and Carlos...now that takes some doing.:rolleyes:

20. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ^^ :D

Count me in the Anti-Palmer club.

...and we haven't even started on Gerry Armstrong yet.

21. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    It says BWIN on the shirt. Didn't we have BENQ last season?

22. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    The players put on BWIN shirts with 30 on the back after they'd won the Mallorca game last season.

23. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    What macaluca said and you can see the 30 on the shirt the Miguel Torres is wearing backwards.

24. MajorDuh

MajorDuh New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    USA