Congrats and You Guys Are Class!

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Catfish, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Congratulations for really turning your season around even without Taylor Twellman, obviously one of the brightest stars in the MLS. Just think of how strong your club will be with him next season.

Also, I am so amazed at the tons of class act Revs fans that have posted on the Fire forum to congratulate us. That is how sports are suppose to be and I'm glad there are people that still show some class. You guys rock!

2. brianzappa

brianzappa Member

Oct 21, 2003
    In a big country
    No, You guys rock!

You Fans and your team made MLS look fantastic last night (football lines aside). You looked and sounded like a million bucks. And your team showed up to play, instead of looking past NE like so many times in the past. And play, they did. I don't care what anyone says about that Quakes/Galaxy match being the best ever. I'm not saying that this was the best ever, but in the Quakes match, one side was not even playing for the entire second half. The Fire and the Revs played each other hard for 101 minutes, and the better team won.
    Congratulations, and go get that cup!

3. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nice.

I feel like I should hug you......LOL.

4. saabrian

saabrian Member

Mar 25, 2002
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chicago plays soccer the way it's meant to be played. After years in the desert, the Revs are moving in that direction. If you have to lose, it's better to lose to a deserving opponent. Good luck vs SJ/KC.

5. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate the Fire because they kicked us out of the playoffs, but I'd rather lose to the Fire then the Mutts or DC. They are a great team, as good as the Revs, I'll question that. Good luck Fire.

6. rscaramelo

rscaramelo Coach/Hack Defender

May 5, 1999
    MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ding ding ding....

We just found the one classy Fire fan ! ;)

You better go hide before one of those Ultras sticks one of their smokebombs up your kiester.

RC

7. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That's all part of the game...

good sportsmanship...I never cared about not swearing, congratulating the opponent after a win or lose until I had a child. It bothers me to attend sporting events where there are plenty of kids around and adults swearing all over the place.

Great season Revs...next year with a healthy Twellman you will be quite formidable.

8. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    i'm 'one of those ultras,' i just dont venture outside of the fire board to much.

i echo all the sentiments of catfish...you guys provided a great game for us, congrats on a good season.

9. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Whats wrong with smokebombs in the kiester?? Its a great way to terrify opposing fans and amuse the home crowd!

Of all the responses after watching that game this would be the last I imagined...

that was probably the dirtiest game i've seen in a long time.

Good sportsmanship? Good professional fouls and play-acting.

If i'd been reffing the game would probably have finished 8 on 6... and I wouldn't have been so happy to be yelled at by each and every player on the field... twice.

Either way that game was intense. Its so nice to see MLS teams putting on good shows... one day they will all be doing that... and in full stadiums too... till then.

GG New England.
    GO Fire.

10. rscaramelo

May 5, 1999
    MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The smokebomb line was said in jest. I love the atmosphere that you guys provide. I'll take that over the soccermom crap they try to ram down our throats here. No offense to soccermoms, but it kind of sterilizes the event for some of us.

Congrats Chicago, good luck getting the triple crown.

RC

11. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What do you mean "the soccermom crap" that they try to ram down your throats??? I thought MA was progressive/open minded.

12. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    Yeah, like medieval Spain.

13. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For starters, take a look through the "Where have all the Rev fans gone" thread. It's over 400 posts long, but it sums up a lot of things about how the organization views things.

The "soccermom" comment was in regards to the emphasis on "family" entertainment at the expense of more hardcore fans. Of course, there is plenty of room for both types of fans, but it just isn't a good idea to put them next to each other. Having all Category 3 seats as GA is a good start to that, but that still didn't stop a run-in with a soccermom and her kids, where the woman used language worse than any of the quasi-hooligans' chants. She wouldn't leave the fort, but didn't like the atmosphere there. Too bad. Then people started singing "There are eight other sections, eight other sections..."

Peter Wilt has a good understanding of catering to the Section 8 types as well as other types of fans who also make up a good % of your support. You CAN have both, and I would argue that you NEED to have both. But the Revs haven't fugured it out yet how to do it.

Anyway, hat's off to the Fire, as they earned a well-deserved win.

Tom

14. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    REALLY???

Funny how NE elitist/progressive/liberals talk like their so enlightened and between the Appalachians and the Rockies are nothing but farmers and rednecks.....yep us inbredded morons in Chicago...lol.

Why is it like medieval Spain?

15. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Great point!

My 1st soccer match of my life was this year Fire vs. Crew in Naperville. My wife got me and my friend tickets in Sec8....it was great! My friend is English and was impressed with our energy for a bunch of Yanks. When the whole section said, "YOU SUCK A**h*le!" to the Crew GK when he booted a goal kick with his back to us...i winced because there were tons of little kids in Sec8. I want rowdy fans and them to have their place, but you can be loud and creative without bad language...trust me I swear...but in front of kids...I have one. You are right the Revs should really fix that because your die-hards will be there when families stay home because it is too hot or cold or they don't want to fight the traffic.

16. rscaramelo

May 5, 1999
    MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: REALLY???

We get this rep because of the damn Kennedy's and freaking Cambridge.

I will agree with you about the inbredded morons in Chicago comment! :)

RC