CONGEDIER WILIFRIED NANCY

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by hangthadj, Dec 6, 2022.

1. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Draft United FC was right there for them and they went with Super?

2. Ueberjames

Ueberjames Member+

Columbus Crew
    Mar 28, 2009
    Stow, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Los Angeles Football Craft!

3. WhiteHartShame

WhiteHartShame Member+

Nov 16, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Columbus Screw !

4. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Literally my all time favorite Garber gaff. And Bill's recollection is exactly why. He was so damn outwardly flustered and it did my heart good.

5. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any reporting yet on the rest of Nancy’s coaching staff? Near as I can tell, we have zero assistant coaches right now.

6. Crew96Fan

Crew96Fan Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Columbus have sent Montréal an undisclosed compensation amount to acquire the 45-year-old Frenchman. That compensation also involves three members of Nancy’s staff in Montréal – assistant coach Kwame Ampadu, fitness coach Jules Gueguen and video analyst Maxime Chalier – heading to Columbus."

Minnman repped this.
  7. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the head coach and two of his assistants, as well as the coach of the second team, all speak French as their first language.

(Ampadu is Irish)

8. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That must have been one heck of an experience, Bill. (Also @KHT_Crew created a great animated gif for that scene if I am remembering correctly.)

Lovers and haters of Welcome to Wrexham exist, I know. Yet, I found myself reminded of STC as we watched through the season. Processed a bit of the experiences and emotions from that time. To boot, the show served as a mirror for introspection on my own fandom.

eboe and catfish9 repped this.
  9. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's interesting, in that the Crew already has staff in fitness and video roles. It'll be interesting to see if all of the keep their jobs.

In any event, that means we have a head coach and one assistant coach. Lots of core coaching holes to fill.

10. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems our coach to player ratio is quite adequate. Until we sign more players, why do we need more coaches? ....Crickets :mad:

Bill Archer repped this.
  11. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Assistant coaches are a dime a dozen.

12. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe so, but we spent a portion of last season ticking through the list of our former assistants who'd been snapped up as head coaches at other clubs. They may be a dime a dozen, but they're certainly not all equally good at their jobs.

Anyway, this isn't Nancy's first rodeo, so I suspect he has a good sense of who he wants as his assistants.

TRUJDUB21 repped this.
  13. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trying to watch press conference with Nancy. Gawd Damn is hard to understand WTF he is saying. Between the tone of his voice and the accent I have no idea what he is talking about. That is either going to become very frustrating or a non issue....depending on if they are winning or not. Win and he could just speak in French - I won't care.

14. the_rickler

the_rickler Member+

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I can’t think of a time a Columbus Crew coach has said anything meaningful to the media.

15. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good point!

16. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I said something very similar to.this after his intro presser and was informed on this very board that I was clearly some kind of troglodite backwoods idiot, that there was no problem whatsoever understanding every syllable.he uttered and, basically, that unsophisticated xenophobes like me should die in fire.

I may be paraphrasing a bit.

17. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya know who else was hard to understand what the fvck they were talking about?

Caleb Porter.

rolandD repped this.
  18. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the audio on the Massive Report video I saw was terrible. Like they recorded it next to a water fountain or something. He does have a fairly thick accent (unsurprisingly). But also has a pretty strong command of English; not flawless, but he expresses complicated topics using appropriate words. They guy speaks English, and I assume whatever auditory issues that seem maybe to matter in a YouTube video won’t so much in face to face conversation or in the locker room.

As opposed to, say, native English speaker Gordon Strachan.

He struck me as someone who has a mature, casual confidence. He’s an interesting, serious - if not a flashy - hire. No idea if he’ll be successful, but I appreciate the team bringing in a coach with his type of background.

ZipSix, Tobias C, the_rickler and 4 others repped this.
  19. the_rickler

the_rickler Member+

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I don’t understand why in this day and age, when any 12 year old can start a podcast/YouTube channel in his mom’s basement with fantastic audio quality relatively cheaply, press rooms have to sound like they’re being recorded in a pop can.

catfish9 and Crew96Fan repped this.
  20. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    Easier to get quality sound in a controlled environment rather than a large open room. I’m sure my brother in law who is a engineer at 1460 could explain it better. But seems normal , large press conference rooms generally have horrible audio.

21. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The older I get the more I know the youngin's think I'm an unsophisticated xenophobe. The older I get the less I care if they think that. What it really means is we are actually more learned and experienced to the world and life which has in turn influenced our opinions and perceptions.

Bill Archer repped this.
  22. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did chalk it up partly to audio quality. And one thing that was clear was he did have good command of english language...that wasn't the problem from what I could hear.

23. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He lived in Canada for nearly 20 years.

24. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What your point? While in Canada he was in Montreal where they speak....French. Not really trying to go tit for tat on this. Just an observation I had while watching press conference. Like I said, if Crew are winning he could talk in piglatin for all care. There are plenty of foreign coaches with accents and english is 2nd language and it totally not an issue.

25. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quebec is bilingual. I’m sure he’s plenty familiar with the English language. He has an accent, people need to get over it.