Confused about Terry and Bridge thing

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by partycentral, Feb 28, 2010.

1. partycentral

partycentral Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Naperville
    Forgive my not knowing the full story.

As I understand it, John Terry is married. Wayne Bridge is not. Bridge broke up with his girlfriend, Vanessa Perroncel. Terry and Perroncel started having an affair AFTER she and Bridge broke up. If they broke up why are Bridge and Terry feuding? I can see it being a dick move to cheat on your wife, but if Bridge and Perroncel were over before Terry took up with her, why should Bridge care?

2. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Wayne Bridge has been one of my favorite players since he joined Chelsea. He handled this like a total kunt. I've pretty much been wondering the same thing as you. Sounds like Wayne needs to grow a pair to me.

3. Lamps>Gerrard

Lamps>Gerrard Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It just goes to show what an absolutely ridiculous job the media has done with this story. No one even knows what the ******** happened. Bridge probably buried himself in copies of the Sun for the past 2 months. :rolleyes:

4. partycentral

partycentral Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Naperville
    So I'm guessing that the whole "dust up" (sorry, I'm American, I think I'm using that correctly) is more a media thing and that Terry and Bridge are reacting more to the media pressure than they are to the actual facts?

5. Lamps>Gerrard

Lamps>Gerrard Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And to think a lot of those fans were singing the Bridge chant against Arsenal only a few weeks ago......

6. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    And it will continue to be sung.

7. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Does nobody besides me think Bridge was booed b/c he quit England NT? That would be my guess.

Also, nice to hear JT say the "glass house" phrase when asked about Bellamy's comment.

8. Lamps>Gerrard

Lamps>Gerrard Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I seriously need something cleared up for me. Twelve thousand tonnes of rep to whoever answers this with fact based info.

Was Wayne Bridge still with his girl when JT hooked up with her?

One would think this would be easily accessible information, but the media has just.....turned it into a cluster ********. So please, someone answer that.

9. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Everything I have read says it was an ex at the time. Haven't followed it closely at all though.

I get him being a little ticked. I would be ticked if one of my friends hooked up with my ex just because there are plenty of other women around, but I would be ticked for a week or two and get over it. This is all dumb either way. Can't believe it's still a story (well I can unfortunately, but you know what I mean).

10. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    "In January 2010, a super injunction was imposed by a High Court judge preventing the media reporting that Bridge's former team-mate John Terry had had an affair with Perroncel shortly after she split from Bridge. The injunction was lifted a week later.[30][31]"

I'm definitely not a fan of infidelity and if Bridge was trying to make a point of support for Toni (JT's wife) then fair play. But I don't think that's at all the reason why WB handled this the way he did. Bridgey knocked that French slut up 4 years ago. I don't condone the booing of Wayne by Chelsea "fans" but that's not to say he didn't handle this whole thing like a teenager.

-break up with baby-mama
    -good friend then bangs your ex
    -find out
    -act like your ex's snatch is your property
    -quit the national team at a time when your country needs you most
    -act like a child by leaving a fellow professional "hangin" in front of millions of viewers
    -think anyone owes you anything for impregnating a slut out of wedlock

Then again, most footballers have the brains of a 14-year-old so I'm not surprised. I still like Bridgey but perhaps someone should get in his ear and tell him to start acting like a 30-year-old man.

In place of your mountain of rep I will take one free internet:)

1 person likes this.
  11. Lamps>Gerrard

Lamps>Gerrard Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately, I cannot give you the internet. But, the rep is within my powers. ;)

12. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    your "friend" boinking your baby's momma is cool?
    gimme a break.

13. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    He never said it was cool, but you can't deviate all of the attention away from Bridge just b/c Terry is more wrong.

14. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yea this is ridiculous. I can put myself in the situation I can eaisly say I would be pissed. Maybe I am acting like a teenager, but really isn't when it comes to affairs like this. What I've read is that Terry jumped on her shortly after they broke up, not years after. This is the mother of his chlid for godsakes. I would be livid. If one of my best friends did this to me, they'd likely get punch in the mouth.

15. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    i probably would of gone to jail saturday afternoon if i was bridge.
    not shaking his hand isnt enough.

16. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    why dont we all stick to the facts here instead of speculating how Bridge feels or what we do in the same situation because it leads to certian idiots posting a bunch of bollox when they know nothing about the situation and quite frankly I dont think anyone on this site knows the exact details of the situation

Bridge doesnt like Terry anymore- that should be obvious by now. Why there is a need to further analyse that point is beyond me.

17. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    selective reading 101

18. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    LMAO you're a real hardass, bro.