Confirmed- Aug 5 Chelsea v MLS

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Raven49er, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Crafty Bernardo

Feb 13, 2006
    McHenry
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. kevbrunton

kevbrunton New Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tickets are on sale now to Chicago Fire season ticket holders. They have not announced when they will go on sale to the general public.

The Fire season ticket holder announcement also said that Club seat holders have until May 3 to exercise their option on their club seat for the All-Star game. Since that's 2 weeks out, I'd guess that means the tickets will go on sale to the general public on May 4th.

3. comeonoxford

comeonoxford New Member

Jan 31, 2005
    Champaign, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lollapalooza isn't looking half bad this year, actually. Kanye West, Common, the Flaming Lips, Iron and Wine, Andrew Bird... they seem to be breaking out of the dull nu-metal groove they'd gotten into. Of course, who can afford to go? You'll find me at Pitchfork. Os Mutantes, Spoon, Yo La Tengo and Devendra Banhart on the same day? My head may explode from pure joy.

4. MDBrown

MDBrown New Member

Jan 6, 2003
    Park Forest
    Now I really want to see the schedule for lolla, hopefully can work both the game and still get to see some more bands over 3 days. I can't bring myself to admit how easy it would have been to do both last year....

5. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    Oh, man, and Eddie Money's playing in Crestwood. You know, he has two tickets to paradise. But apparently he won't have two tickets to the All-Star-Game.

Yeah, how many of you have that song stuck in your head now?

6. fscat

fscat Member

May 2, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    i think this is awesome!! when will single game tickets go on sale?

7. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Club season ticket holders have until 5/3 to buy their seats so soon after that date.

8. Ron Keller

Ron Keller New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Shampoo-Banana
    Not me. I have this.

9. Raven49er

Raven49er Member

May 26, 2005
    Fairfax, VA
    Tickets go on sale to the General Public June 12. That's what they told me when i called the ticket office yesterday. But remember, season ticket holders only have until may 3 to get their tickets, or else they have to wait till June 12.

10. bing1985

bing1985 Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Near West ChiSuburbs
    Well, that seems a bit ************.

11. Super Sting

Super Sting Member

Jan 27, 2006
    I just received the order form in the mail today. The pre-sale goes until May 3rd. But I got my tickets yesterday. They seemed to be very busy yesterday, so this event is going to sell out quick, I bet. Regardless of the high prices.

12. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Got my tickets today too. :D

13. bing1985

bing1985 Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Near West ChiSuburbs
    It's the prices that are throwing me a bit. Corner kick seats for $70! That seems a bit mercenary. I was hoping season ticket holders would enjoy some type of discount. :(

I'm not sure I can, or want to make the date, but I don't want to get stuck with $280 in tickets. How confident is everyone that this sucker will sell out?

14. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    It will sell out easily which is both why they can price the tickets so high and why they can't afford to give season ticket holders a break. It's an MLS event not a Fire event and they want to make as much cash as possible.

15. Super Sting

Super Sting Member

Jan 27, 2006
    Yes it should easily sell out. It is also a Saturday game :D Although it would have been nice to give the season ticket holders some type of discount or free parking or something or free tickets to the practice at least. Last year was great with the Real Madrid vs. Chivas game and the Fire Milan bonus games. I just hope they can line up a good international team vs the Fire. I would also like to see something other than Europe. Maybe Boca, River Platte or something South American.

16. Don_Crafts

Don_Crafts New Member

Oct 31, 2000
    20 House, Oswego
    Am I the only one who absolutely no interest in watching an All-Star game? Regardless of who they are playing. Regardless of where they are playing. I think I would only go if the tickets were included with my season tickets.

Now the Fire playing Chelsea? That's a different story.

Maximum Respect,
    Don Crafts
    Supporter for Life
    6.9.6 Destination Germany

17. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand what your saying but wouldn't be great to to see rolfe score the winning goal against chelsea for the mls all-stars.Usually all star games are played without too much defense and nobody really caring who wins but I think this game you will see both teams playing to win.

18. chitown

chitown New Member

Mar 15, 2000
    Chicago
    All-star games are like going to the circus in that we want to see is the Lions take on the Tigers in a battle for dominance but all we see is the Lions and Tigers doing tame tricks.

19. chitown

chitown New Member

Mar 15, 2000
    Chicago
    At 100 + ticket prices what guarantees are we going to get that Chelsea is not just going to put a B or C team out there for this match. Anybody remember the ChampionsWorld Fiasco of last year.

The league is making a big mistake by not posting a likely to appear (barring injury) roster and managing expectations.

20. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Don't go chitown. Why are you so worked up about it? Just don't go. End of story.

21. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I have zero interest in this match whatsoever. My team is the Chicago Fire. Second is the US Nats. I hope every non-Fire All-Star suffers a season ending injury. I don't even want anyone from the Fire on the pitch. I'll save the money for other matches, road trips, merchandise, and S8 stuff.
    For those of you who go, I understand you are interested. Have a great time. Get your money's worth.

22. chitown

chitown New Member

Mar 15, 2000
    Chicago
    I'm not worked I'm just stating some of my personal opinions which I'm entitled to do.

I do plan on going as I would not dream of missing my chance of taunting your beloved Chelski : )

23. leftwing

leftwing Member

Dec 9, 1999
    Lake Bluff, Il
    Taunt about what? Winning the Premiership 2 years in a row?
    Hey man, you can be a hater, but to taunt you need to have something to taunt about. MLS, including the Fire, has NOTHING to be taunting Chelsea about.

24. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    I'm more likely to go to this show than to the All-Star game.

25. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    I'm with you, Don.