Conference Finals

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by SABuffalo786, Oct 25, 2004.

1. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Does anyone know, in the event we do advance to the conference finals, what day we would be playing? The 5th or the 6th?

I know they're waiting for the results for this weekend, but I just want to check if maybe anyone knows what day they're planning for the Eastern Conference Final.

2. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All I know for sure is that if the revolutoin win, then we play at RFK at 7:00 on the 6th of November.

I know this because I already have my ticket.

So let's all root for the Revs so we can have one more home game at RFK!!!

3. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lets not get ahead of ourselves, we have to make sure we hold up our end of the bargain this saturday at RFK too.

4. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    That's why I put "in the event of" :D

5. JOHNL2

JOHNL2 New Member

Jun 12, 2000
    Dumfries, VA
    According to mlsnet.com here is the playoff schedule

CONFERENCE SEMIFINALS - Game Two -- Date -- Time(ET) -- TV
    MetroStars at United -- Sat., Oct. 30 -- 7 p.m. -- HDNet, FSW, MLS Direct Kick
    Earthquakes at Wizards -- Sat., Oct. 30 -- 8:30 p.m. -- MLS Direct Kick
    Rapids at Galaxy -- Sat., Oct. 30 -- 10 p.m. -- FSW, MLS Direct Kick
    Revolution at Crew -- Sun., Oct. 31 -- 5 p.m. -- ESPN2

(+30-minute golden-goal period followed by penalty kicks, if tied on aggregate goals)

EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP SCENARIOS* -- TV
    D.C./MetroStars at Columbus -- Sat., Nov. 6 -- 7:30 p.m. -- HDNet/FSW, MLS Direct Kick
    New England at MetroStars -- Sat., Nov. 6 -- 7:30 p.m. -- HDNet/FSW, MLS Direct Kick
    New England at D.C. -- Sat., Nov. 6 -- 7 p.m. -- HDNet/FSW, MLS Direct Kick

WESTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP SCENARIOS* -- TV
    Colorado/L.A. @ K.C. -- Fri., Nov.5 -- 8:30 p.m. -- HDNet/FSW, MLS Direct Kick
    San Jose at Colorado -- Fri., Nov.5 -- 9:30 p.m. -- HDNet/FSW, MLS Direct Kick
    San Jose at L.A. -- Sat., Nov.6 -- 10 p.m. -- HDNet/FSW, MLS Direct Kick

MLS CUP 2004* - SUN., NOV. 14 - ABC - 3:30 PM ET - THE HOME DEPOT CENTER, CARSON, Calif.

6. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Cool, thanks. I just wanted to know if I should order the high speed internet in my hotel room because I'll be in Orlando that weekend.

7. greenbill

greenbill New Member

Apr 30, 2003
    York, PA
    Dear soccer gods,

Since I cannot be at the game this weekend, please let DC have home field advantage for the conference final so I can go to one more game this year at RFK. I don't know if I can make it through winter if I don't get a final fix.

Amen,
    greenbill

8. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City

Dear soccer gods, if you make greenbills wish come true, I will take him to the game....at least from Baltimore on...

GB, I HOPE you will have a reason to PM me next week ;)

9. RFK 315

RFK 315 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    ...lurking...
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been thinking about the Conference Finals, too.
    I have my tickets for RFK, "in the event" that we advance, and the Revs can hold up their part v. the sCrew, but was also wondering about plans to go to Cowlumbus if we succeed and the yellow team can pull it out...

But now I realize that this is getting way ahead of ourselves, and we must take these things one at a time.

For example, I wonder if our MLS Cup Champion's parade will go down East Capitol St or Pennsylvania Ave, or both ;) ?

10. toomanywords

toomanywords Member

Feb 25, 2002
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    DC United
    Dear soccer gods,

Please accept my apology for not posting a similar prayer earlier, and give me the same consideration you give greenbill while I'm wandering the soccer-free wilds of South Dakota. Though the last game I saw at RFK was the U.S. 6-0 trouncing of Panama, what would REALLY do me good would be to see the stadium off for the year by watching D.C. United beat the crap out of New England. Thank you.

toomanywords