Conference Finals N.E. v FIRE, Sun 11/6 [R]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by JeffGMc, Oct 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    So, who else is coming out to New England?

3:00 game in Foxboro.

Be there. Period.

2. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    Like I've said (to myself even), if anyone's driving, I'm looking to hitch-hike in from Buffalo...

3. Liviu

Liviu New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Illinois, USA
    NE 0:8 Fire

Stewart '1
    Jaqua '5
    Rolfe '10
    Guerrero '30
    Segares '60
    Mapp '80, '89
    Thornton '90+ (PK)

4. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fixed your post ;)

5. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Ha ha ha! Oh gosh that's funny! That's really funny! Do you write your own material? Do you? Because that is so fresh. Zach Thornton ate his own gloves. You know, I've, I've never heard anyone make that joke before. Hmm. You're the first. I've never heard anyone reference, reference that outside big soccer before. Because that's what he does? Isn't it? He eats the gloves. And, and yet you've taken that and used it out of context to insult the Fire in this everyday situation. God what a clever, smart person you must be, to come up with a joke like that all by yourself. That's so fresh too. Any, any Titanic jokes you want to throw at me too as long as we're hitting these phenomena at the height of their popularity. God you're so funny!

6. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Your so funny. Ha ha ha. You twat.

2-1 to the Fire. Ivan the Great and Chris.

7. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    [​IMG]

8. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Travel and ticket info for anyone who wants to go: S8OT.

This is the biggest game of our season so far; show your support!

9. murtaugh

murtaugh Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    [​IMG]

10. betes

betes New Member

Apr 13, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Getting my wife to drive 50 minutes to DC was no problem, but even after the great time we had, I haven't been able to get her excited about an 8 hour drive to Boston...But I'll be singing to my TV along with you.

-Ben

11. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure if any of you would be interested, but you are welcome to come by the Riders tailgate and say hi. During the game, we'll go after each other, but pre and post-game, I do hope you stop by and have a beer or six with us.

Good luck to your boys on Sunday. Obviously, I hope we come out on top, but this should be interesting.

12. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Used to perfection.

13. bridgeviewturd

bridgeviewturd BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 30, 2005
    bridgeview
    Well if we play anywhere near the level we did on Sunday then We should put up a great fight and make it hard for them to win at home.

If we do when I will get Dave Sarachan a stripper that will nestle her boobs right into his eye sockets and then Fire him. :D

14. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    It'll be interesting to see what Dave does with regard to Justin Mapp. He's still listed as questionable, so there's a chance we could stay the course and go with what worked so resoundingly well on Sunday. Otherwise, you've got to assume Mapp at right mid, and then it's suddenly a bit of a tossup between Pause and Stewart for the last spot, wherever that ends up being on the field.

If it were up to me, I'd go with the same lineup. Of course, it's not up to me.

Later,
    COZ

15. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    From what I'm picking up on the NE boards, both Marshall Leonard and Khano Smith will be out, which likely means James Riley (or Reilly, if you believe the Revs crack production team on Saturday) will start at right mid.

So I'm changing my mind on the lineup:

G Thornton
    D Pause/Stewart Brown Curtin Segares
    M Guerrero Marsch Thiago Mapp
    F Jaqua Rolfe

Granted, either Guerrero or Mapp will be a handful for Riley, but Guerrero would be a handful for anybody, plus this way he defends Ralston.

If Mapp's not good to go, we've still got the Guerrero/Riley matchup, and then it's up to some combination of Pause, Stewart and Brown to take care of Ralston.

Later,
    COZ

16. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    I don't want Mapp to start. I thought Guerrero showed that you can be a true two-way midfielder and appearently not have a heart attack and die. I think Justin Mapp has buckets of skill but he is lazy, pury and simple. I want the hustle team back. Mapp can come off the bench if we need a spark. Maybe he can hustle for 20-30 minutes.

17. Marchetti

Marchetti Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Chicago->STL->Denver
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to theburden again."

18. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    But if he's healthy, do you really think Dave will sit him? The question isn't really a comparison between Mapp and Guerrero as it is between Mapp and either Pause or Stewart, and then it gets massively more complicated.

Point being, Dave sticks with his guys. Whether or not he sticks with his guys when *other* guys put in one of the best Fire performances ever will be a good indication of where the bandwagon thread goes.

Later,
    COZ

19. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    I don't like thinking about what Dave will do. Makes me feel stupid.

20. Ron Keller

Ron Keller New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Shampoo-Banana
    Thanks for sharing.

21. Jonny Bishop

Jonny Bishop Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, that's a quote and it's years old. Isn't that funny?
    And aren't the griffin's from new england?

22. Benchwarmer32

Benchwarmer32 New Member

Nov 13, 2003
    Indiana
    Mapp shouldn't start because one of the keys to the victory over DC on Sunday was that we pressured the ball all over the field. Mapp will not put pressure on the ball when he doesn't have it. While extremely talented going forward, he just doesn't have the defense fire to press the wingers and New England's midfield. I'm agreeing with what's already been said, bring him in as an offensive spark late in the game if we need a goal.

23. bing1985

bing1985 Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Near West ChiSuburbs
    hmmmm....
    Nope. His was still funnier. It may be old, but still funny.

P.S. the Griffins are cartoons. They're not technically from anywhere, really.

24. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    There's some 'regional identity' for ya........dude.

25. Che chico!

Che chico! Member

Dec 21, 2004
    West LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You've got to be hacking into the rep system!