Confederations afterthoughts: Mexico

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by FGarcia1, Jun 29, 2005.

1. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
  2. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  3. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    B+

If they would made the final I would been very pleased.

4. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito
  5. FGarcia1

FGarcia1 New Member

Jul 25, 2003
    Santa Barbara, CA
  6. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I would like to change the grade, now that I think about it closely...

'C'

7. gvfatlas

gvfatlas Member

Oct 6, 2004
    GDL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    B+

If we would have made it to the final it would have been an A.

Now that the Confederations Cup is done, I'm satisfied with the way the team has played, we proved to the world that we can play against the best teams in the world.
    Another thing I liked even though I know many of you will not agree with me is that Lavolpe's "proceso" has created some good things.
    -The team was able to play good soccer even though our two best players didn't play(Cuau and Marquez(only one game))
    -The team didn't lose it's composure after losing two starting defenders(Carmona and Galindo), which has showed that all the experiments that Lavolpe has done in these past two years have come up with many players to replace players that were once thought irreplaceable.

Imagine if the doping case would have happened in the past in lets say 94 and all of a sudden Bernal and Ramirez-Perales are gone from the defense, it would have been near impossible to find two players that would replace them without setting the team back.

All in all I'm happy with the way the team is playing and hopefully we win the Gold Cup and Lavolpe is able to find more additions to the Tri, especially in offense.

8. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    B with three Gold Stars :)

• Winning their group undefeated
    • Not losing any games in Regulation time
    • Only team to defeat the Champions Brazil

9. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    D-

I dont care if we played the match of the century agianst Germany, it was pointless and there was no pressure.

Those scared ass tactics that we used against Argentina make me sick.

People will say "we lost X players for X reason and we were at a disadvantage".

BULLSHYT!!. We were at a disadvantage because Lavolpe still insists on his friends --Chato, Mendez, etc.

10. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
  11. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    Certainly it'd be great to see Mexico play vs. England. I'm sure the FMF is currently using the confed cup to try to find friendly matches in Europe prior to the WC, thus I'm sure they'll try to book a match vs. England. It definitely must be in the WC agenda to play against skilled, taller teams. Moreso because the current Mexican team is actually shorter-than-average.
    In the meantime, I think tonight I'll prepare with a 6 pack of Bass pale ale.

12. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Damn I lose. I had you down for an F.

:D

I would disagree about the Gemany game. Those Huns came to play. The fans were riding Salcido all day. I don't think any teams wants to lose in front of their fans. Argentina game, yeah those weak tatics lost us the game. You live and learn? Chato must go.

13. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    Futebol
    Futebol
    Futebol
    FUTEBOL

:D

14. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    Mr. Tribe gives Mexico a B+ and put this sticker on the back of each player's hand

[​IMG]

15. el_zacatecano

el_zacatecano New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    Clovis, Ca.
    Guys, Mexico played well, but in the end we didnt accomplish jack shlt! I don't want to be pessimistic, but let's stop being proud of fourth place.

16. 621380

621380 Member

Feb 21, 2004
    germany
    your team has played a great confed cup......and i hope your team continue the next year on this level..

i think you discredit the german team with your comment a full mexican team could have killed the german team.......the young german defensive players are not generell called to be our no. 1 players in the defensive...metzfelder,wörns and lahm are injured and havent played the tournament.........your team yesterday has played 65 minutes with 11 against 10 german players (this is a long time) and team germany was still more dangerous....19 to 8 or 9 shots advantage of germany isnt close...and our team has managed to beat you with 10 players... dont forget this...

17. jmarquez1976

jmarquez1976 New Member

May 5, 2005
    No muerdas!
    Its not about being proud of fourth place, after all this tournament was tougher than the 1999 version....it reminds more of that Quadrangular in France before 1998 when Roberto Carlos scored that amazing goal.

This is the first time that I see Mexico perform so consistently well against the best. Lets not delude ourselves about the past. In 1998, LaPuente's sh1tty defense, with players all in the wrong position, always gave the sensation that it was about to fall apart. Lucky for us then, our rivals were to mediocre to cause greater damage. And in 2002, we had to work the entire game to create one decent chance (fortunately we scored each time we finally created one).

In contrast, this Mexico team looks like it is at a consistently high level, and can play anyone at any time. It seems like it is just a matter of time....for LaVolpe to get all pieces fitted before Mexico provokes some serious upsets and gives the kids at WR a serious fit.

18. el_zacatecano

el_zacatecano New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    Clovis, Ca.
    To me second place is as good as last place.

19. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    I didn't mean to insult u man, calm down. Its just that I think that if our full team had played we would have won the game, yes killed was a over statement, but i still think the same thing. Mexico had more possession of the ball, the problem was that our defense that had only allowed 2 goals in the tournament, was wrecked and allowed 4 against Germany, that is my point, we lost several defenders and other playres had to play a position that was not theirs. and I dont know about how many people you are missing, i'm talking about the team that played the confederations cup.

Once again I didn't mean discredit your team, I said it the wrong way. good game and congratulations no your 3rd place.

20. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    You had to ruin it.

There's no silver lining with u.

21. lcfc_uk

lcfc_uk New Member

Jun 24, 2005
    Oxford, England
    You choose your beer well my friend....There is no beer better than a well-kept pint of draught Bass - it is an English Midlands ESPECIALITY!!!!

It would be very cool if we could hitch up a friendly (i could wear my Chivas shirt and have the piss taken out of me by my fellow countrymen). I think England need to be tested by a team of Mexico's calibre at the moment (we lost to Spain at the Bernabéu end of 2004 & just got past Colombia 3-2 at Giants).....

but, remember amigo, regarding your "shorter-than-average" concerns.....
    as my wife often says - SIZE ISN'T EVERYTHING. ;)

22. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    honor a quien honor merece, good job mexicans, you might have dererved better luck

23. lcfc_uk

lcfc_uk New Member

Jun 24, 2005
    Oxford, England
    MoRado! Have either Solis or Wanchope ever played for your team, Saprissa? The reason i ask is cos they played for our local rivals, Derby County {spit spit}....

So, no matter how good they are and how much i would really like to enjoy watching them play....I MUST HATE THEM....I'm sure you understand.

24. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    What, you have a Chivas jersey.. .

[​IMG]

Wear it with pride my friend..

[​IMG]

Rep for having good taste, i have the poooooooower.. .

[​IMG]

25. lcfc_uk

lcfc_uk New Member

Jun 24, 2005
    Oxford, England
    Cheers He-Man - you knows your sh1t bruv....

Can i suggest it's about time you got rid of that haircut, though....and stopped wearing purple pantyhose in public....

Vamos Chivas. 4-0 will do NICELY thankyou.