conditioning and practice on the same day

Discussion in 'Player' started by redalert101, Sep 23, 2004.

1. redalert101

redalert101 New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Streets of Florida
    my high school season is starting next week and for the first month we have conditioning on mon wed and fri from 3:30 to 5:00 . the only problem is that my club season is still going on and my pracitces are on mon and wed. i dont want to not go to conditioning cause im a freshman and my coach said i have a good chance of making varsity and i dont want to screw anything up. i also cant skip club practices. what should i do

2. JoseP

JoseP Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Talk to both of your coaches and have them talk to each other and let them figure out what is best for you.

If I was in your shoes, I'd tell my club coach to call your HS coach and explain the situation. Maybe your club coach will let you do conditioning on Monday and the HS coach will understand why you aren't there on Wednesday. Most coaches can understand your situation.

3. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with the poster above, talk to both coaches, if the high school coach is aware of your situation he might let you leave conditioning early or something. If that doesn't work just go to both, I mean are a few poor performances in practice due to exhaustion really going to matter to your club coach?

4. Usafan

Usafan New Member

Jan 7, 2003
    I agree with the above posts.

The only thing high soccer does is build a players ego. It makes you look good at school.

If you are an elite college bound player high school soccer is a waste. If you play on one of the top teams in your state you will get worse playing high school soccer.

Training with two teams at the same hurts players. I have seen many a player blow out a knee, doing hard workout with two teams.

Put the club before the school if you play at a high level.

Only you can make the choice.

Take care

5. redalert101

redalert101 New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Streets of Florida
    thanks guys

6. dienasty

dienasty New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Silent Earth
    Alot of what Usafan said is true but if you are somewhat mediocre then high school could be your way into div 2 or maybe a div 1 team if your club sucks or if you cant make odp or something like that. if you are a true player you will rise above all the high school crap and make an impact.