Conde Jr or Cichero 2.0

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by j1mbr0wn, Jul 31, 2009.

1. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems like a new defender from Argentina is coming for a trial.

Argentine Walter Garcia to trial w/ RBNY

I have never heard of this guy (big surprise) and can't say that I'm all that excited about this. My question is will Walter turn into a Willem, or a Gabriel?

2. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Osorio recently explained that if he signed another South American player, it would be one with "European experience". The guy spends only one year in Europe by playing 3 games in Russia and not leaving the bench in Italy.

This qualifies him as having "European experience"? :confused:

This will be his 7th team in 9 years. Even Pietravallo is shaking his head right now.

3. NYCfan

NYCfan New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just look at osorryos and agoofs track record in finding talent. Nuff Said.

Thats a prerequisite for any new signing.

The man made the bench three times for Rubin Kazan and never made the bench for Calcio Catania. He just failed a tryout with Club America. He's out of contract, he's Argentinian. The mans a freaking stud, the rest of the soccer world just doesn't know it yet.

4. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is no way that a guy who is not good enough to play in Mexico should be good enough to play in MLS--but Red Bull will bring him over anyway.....

5. HoosierToon

HoosierToon New Member

Jan 11, 2008
    Hoboken
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess there were no good American players available?

Oh Wait

6. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, I guess the big question is not is he any good (he's probably not), but if he's worse than some of the options we already have. Unfortunately, that's not a very high bar to set.

So, is he better than Spudnick and/or Boyens?

Or maybe another way to look at it is: If they sign him, can he suck bad enough to get Agoos and Osorio fired faster? If so, I'm all for this signing. :D

7. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Where in hell Osoryyyyio find this pepole, why can he find one Montero or something alike????

Garcia play for Kqazan in Rusia part of 2006, finished with Katania in Italy, with this two team he play a total of three (3) games in 2006, ...He back to Argentina and in 2007/08 play for Quilmes for 14 games in 2009 with Nationals no game played, so he has practically two years that don't play a game with a first division team....(Quilmes is in division "B")

8. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Even my Grand Ma is better than Boyens...

9. eintracht.19

eintracht.19 New Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Toms River, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well pietravallos 3 apps. with sub par veria seemed to be enough to get him signed

10. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Garcia is not a bad defender, while at San Lorenzo he showed some pretty good stuff. After his stint in Europe he seemed to have lost a step. At Nacional he was way down the pecking order not getting in 1 single game…