CONCACAF U15 Championship: August 13-19, Fla.

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Aug 4, 2017.

1. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Looks like the coach's preferred lineup. This coach keeps leaving Ocampo-Chavez out of the starting lineup, also did so in the game against England in the final of the last tournament, and we couldn't really attack. Need him in the game. Nielsen should also start, and we should take out one of the CM's with Alejandre going to CM.

Las
    Scally-Judge-Alejandre-Bello
    Stroud-Atencio
    Fuentes
    Reyna-Busio-Gaines

ChuckMe92, Winoman and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  2. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
  3. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--

Winoman and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  4. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Seems like a missed opportunity for CONCACAF to showcase the abilities of young players from the smaller nations who presumably aren't heavily scouted. Surely they could've put these on Facebook or something? (Maybe they have or will?)

Tactical Hipster and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  5. Danny Woodhead

Jul 12, 2015
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Cape Cod Crusaders
    I'm starting to think that there is someone at US Soccer who believes that the federation gets fined $1,000 for every tweet that comes from @ussoccer_ynt. Canada Soccer's main Twitter account essentially live-tweeted the game today. This is the very definition of #firstworldproblems, but it drives me nuts.

TxEx, Peretz48 and Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  6. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    They tweeted the other day about a practice the team had, but didn't give us the score of a 3-0 win over Chile.

Winoman and Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  7. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Check out @JREskilson's Tweet:

8. Starman*

Starman* Member

United States
    Mar 28, 2017
    Livesoccertv is a great site that shows what soccer is going on in all the major leagues and shows what channel, if any, they will be on. I highly recommend bookmarking it if you're a soccer fan and you won't have to ask, "is this game being televised?" in threads. Anyway, it says USA's next game on Wednesday will be televised.
    Capture.JPG

9. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I use this site all of the time. It is a good place to check for times and broadcasts but it isn't always up to date.

10. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have these games been on tv? I just saw that tomorrow's game is on Univision but it would've been nice to see the first two as well

11. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Efrain Alvarez has played for Mexico as they have won their matches 7-0, 5-0, and 4-0 against the Cayman Islands, Honduras, and Costa Rica respectively. He scored twice against the Cayman Islands.

Pl@ymaker and Overachiever repped this.
  12. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gross

13. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I think this team could really use Pynadath. Hopefully when they begin their U-17 cycle, he's a fixture within the squad. From the games I've seen of the 02's so far, besides Reyna, the chance creation is typical of a "youth soccer" game where a lot of the chances come from defensive errors or athleticism rather than actual nice displays of soccer skill to beat the defense. There just needs to be a little more attacking skill in the side. I think that and establishing a better CM are the two keys for this group.

A front four of

Ocampo-Chavez
    Pynadath-Reyna-Gaines

is a very balanced attacking four, and I think acceptable, although adding Alvarez or Tillman would help.

This coach has used all kinds of variations, none of which I think have all that much attacking talent.

The best case scenario attacking lineup with all our US-eligible 02's is

Ocampo-Chavez
    Pynadath-Reyna-Alvarez

but thats unlikely because of no Alvarez. We could also try to convince Malik Tillman to switch and then go to a two striker formation with Pynadath and Reyna as wingers.

Maybe someone else emerges, but right now I don't really like the offense of this team all that much, besides Reyna and Ocampo-Chavez.

Overachiever repped this.
  14. Starman*

Starman* Member

United States
    Mar 28, 2017
    On the wikipedia page for this tournament it says Mexico is in a group with Honduras, Jamaica, and Panama. So how did they play Cayman Islands and Costa Rica?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_CONCACAF_Boys'_Under-15_Championship

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  15. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Is Univision's stream working for anyone? I should be able to access, but can't find a link that works. (EDIT: It now looks like this might be 11 ET, so I guess it's not on yet.)

16. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
    Reyna may be the only standout on the team in terms of creativity but the speed of players like busio and Gaines creates chances as well. But yeah, I'd like to have seen pynadath on the roster. Here's a goal he scored recently against some version of a US U-16 team (the game ended 9-0, prolly not our actual U-16 team)

Also, just curious, why Gaines over busio?

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  17. Sizmik

Sizmik Member+

Dec 21, 2011
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    anyone have a link?

18. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Costa Rica goal. Should've been saved.

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  19. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #44 Pl@ymaker, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    Costa Rica almost scores another. Corner kick leads to a shot on goal from inside the box that is blocked by a defender, out for another Costa Rica corner kick.

20. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goooool USA!

21. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reyna assist on a header by US player. Freeckick by Reyna placed right in front of goal.

1-1 score 23rd min.

22. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great chance for the US just now. #9 on the right side of the box dribbles past a couple of Cost Rican defenders, passes the ball to player in the center who gets a shot on goal. US with another chance, looking more dangerous now.

23. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Pl@ymaker repped this.
  24. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    End of 1st half. 1-1 is still the score.

25. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US leading 2-1. Goal by #16.