CONCACAF successor

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Flyin Ryan, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Flyin Ryan

Flyin Ryan Member

May 13, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When Jack Warner retires or dies, who'll take over as President of CONCACAF probably. I doubt it'd be a Mexican or American...

2. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Likely someone else from one of the "minnow" member countries.. It works out better "politically" for the federation... ;)

3. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    If I could hire Boba fette or Jango fette to KILL THIS JACK WARNER and his 2 bit flunkie side kick Chuck "I'm a fat repulsive looking Oger" Blazer I would have paid the fee a while ago....

I hope and pray no one from the INFERIOR carribian with semi to amature football becomes president... CONCACRAP needs some one serious some one with AMBITION to turn this sad a$$ confederation around and bring order and above all PROFESIONAL Attitude to concacrap.......I would not mind a mexican or any one from the americas with the exception of any one from panama or el salvadore because they are right up there with any one from the amature carribian... The Only American I see fit to become president is Alan Rothenberg but other than his FIFA position he has now I dont really know what he has been upto there is no american that comes to mind at this time from MLS kevin payne would be a good choice but no one else comes to mind.... LIKE I SAID a mexican would be better than this jack warner but i would not be opposed to some one from costa rica honduras the bottom line is warner must leave..

The voting must also change how can an island with amature football and 15 people living on this vacation spot have the same vote value as the United states or mexico or any one from central america or canada.....

4. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Proably ,rafael Salguero, he was or still is president of guatemala and uncaf one of those 2 , runs guate well finacialy , I heard he has nephew in dc area who plays soccer at a prep level hs. And he was a monster, proably the next ruiz he only bout 18 now , wants to play for municpal.. Or go to collge,

5. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean Salguero's competent? That's exactly what gives him no chance of being the next CONCACAF president.

6. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Oh what dark times are these when passing cynical posters can make fun of our dear confederation's governing body.. ;)

7. Ricky_DCU

Ricky_DCU New Member

Feb 1, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    The horror...the horror...

8. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Defently not a tico either.

9. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    How did jack wanner from tiny a$$ trinidad came in to all that power??? What do you mean about Salguero in basic english? I think he ran the uncaf tourneys well.... It sucks that bermuda ,turks & caicos, and bermuda vote counts as much as mexico, or usa, all there votes can out number and can combine and vote carribean to a possibly some one from jamaica , that proably how jack warner is our president today... ,he has had been acused for curruption here and there , but he was able to bring 3.5 spots for the world cup we used to have jus 2 leaving just mex and some else going with them to the wc.. The only reason why hate him is for the sucky draws that guatemala always gets, if trindad was in guate semifinal group with crc,hon,cand, at the form they were before leo behhaker they wouldn't even been in the hex, trindad gets it easy cause of warner, they are finaly hex worty cause of that coach if not warner would look like an a$$ to his country for setting them up to jus get smashed every game...

10. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the VP is Chuck Blazer, who is indeed American.

I'd think a competent Mexican would be good.

11. ChcgoStingInMyBlood

Jun 15, 2005
    Peter Ueberroth - a master organizer he would fix the WC qualifying process, make the Gold Cup mean something and bring CONCACAF into world prominence.

Peter Ueberroth's knowledge of soccer is limited - which makes him a perfect choice. We need a cold-hearted realist non-fan who will run CONCACAF like the business it is.

So he's an American - hey we might not be the best in the world at soccer but we know how to organize, mobilize and make something successful and profitable - oh wait a minute - except for soccer.

All kidding aside, he would be a great choice and too bad he didn't get elected Governor of California in the run-off election a few years ago. He would have turned that state around already. So California's loss can be CONCACAF's gain.

12. PUMA Auriazul

PUMA Auriazul New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New Mexico
    Not to put my people on a Higher rank or anything but I think it would be a Mexican.

13. thepundit

thepundit Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Tacoma, WA
    anybody with the good of the game at heart

(Malcolm Glazer)

14. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I reckon the Mexican FA (fmf) will submit a candidate once Warner steps down. They allready tried when Warner was up for re-election but failed miserably because of their previous anti CONCACAF stance and preference for all things South American. However since then the FMF has steped it up and improved their relations with CONCACAF countries.