Concacaf Gold Cup 2011 latest news

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by Paul Calixte, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    the last time we played Canada was in qualifiers :confused: and before that it was GC...

lol idk where these stories of us losing to Canada in a friendly are coming from.

mfw our squad looks better than Canada's, yet they claim they have the edge cuz we're in "decline"

2. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...so, in the 89 minutes in which Honduras didn't get awarded a penalty, the ref was stopping Canada from getting a goal? That might have been a harsh call, but Canada had the entire second half to equalize and failed.

3. bettermirror

bettermirror Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Fraser Valley
  4. intoronto1125

intoronto1125 Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Honduras is a third world and very poor country, if Canada took the time and money to invest in soccer just maybe it can be or near the top of Concacaf.

5. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    ...:rolleyes: Ignorant quote of the year.

6. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  7. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  8. TopDogg

TopDogg Member

Jan 31, 2000
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    LOL. As if Canada trotted out their best XI for that match.

Relax, dude. No one's ripping on Honduras. You don't need to get so defensive.

9. bettermirror

bettermirror Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Fraser Valley
    No one is ripping Honduras at all. They are quality! I fully expect them to finish 2nd or 3rd in the next Hex. BUT, that doesn't mean I don't think Canada can get a result against them.

10. intoronto1125

intoronto1125 Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Honduras is on the decline sorry.

11. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Of course, it's not like Emilio, Wilson (even with his injuries), Maynor, Osman C and Ramoncito aren't doing well. Oh and that Najar kid.

But of course Canada are on its way to become the Concacaf powerhouse. Stick to hockey.

12. intoronto1125

intoronto1125 Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Honduras is a very poor country and Canada is not, if it spent the money (it can if it wants) then it can be a concacaf power. With that being said Canada would smoke Honduras in hockey 100-0!

13. bettermirror

bettermirror Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Fraser Valley
    I am Canadian and I gotta say, unless we spend so much money that all elite and 2nd tier soccer programs are free or near-free, we won't attract/retain players and become "a power." I hate to say it.

14. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I thought it was funnier the first time you posted :rolleyes:

Autism is a problem.

15. intoronto1125

intoronto1125 Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    No surprise a person from a country that can't afford to provide its people education commenting with a real stupid comment. Honduras= Poor and corrupt country. Canada=Rich

Anything with more funding can be a world power. How did Australia do it at the Summer Olympics and Canada at the Winter Olympics? Funding is key here and with the proper funding Canada can someday become a CONCACAF power. (With three MLS teams, makes more opportunities for Canadians to play).

I think your the one with the autistic problems if you don't understand what I mean.

16. bettermirror

bettermirror Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Fraser Valley
    How about you leave autism out of it as neither of you have any clue what autism is about. Move on.

17. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    A whooping 3 teams in a foreign league. Superpower indeed! Honduras just has a measly 10 team national league and despite Honduran poverty and lack of infrastructure we develop more players than Canada. You keep spending your money in curling.

18. intoronto1125

intoronto1125 Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Can you read? I guess you can't considering you are from poor Honduras. Most Canadian children play soccer in fact in Canada and there is no opportunity for them so they stop. (I believe I read this some where) with three teams now (that is a infinite times better then 5 years ago things will improve) With more funding Canada can and should become a superpower (not saying it will happen overnight but with the funding it should be possible). Toronto Fc was a very bad team last year and managed to beat a honduran team just saying. You know what Curling is a sport Canada actually wins in unlike other nations who go to a world championship and score no goals. Just ponder what a wasted opportunity.

19. monarchos159

monarchos159 Member

May 19, 2011
    SATX
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is douchebaggery common in Canada, or is it only InToronto?

20. intoronto1125

intoronto1125 Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nope Canada is a real nice country. Just don't like it when people from third world countries say "money" can't help a country improve. Yes it can even if there isn;t any available in their country .

21. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  22. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    A TFC team that was in the middle of the regular season vs a Motagua who's preseason games were those games against Toronto...hmmm. Oh and One of Toronto's best players of all time has been, yup a Honduran. An old Honduran at that.

Oh and of course winning a curling championship is so important! Stop being America's b!tch and try to make your own league, but oh wait no one gives a sh!t about football up there, unless its the CFL, but they are so bad at American football they have to make the field bigger and change some of the rules so that Canadians are even be able to play the complicated sport.

After some research, you idiots are not even top 3 in winter Olympics? All this talk for you idiots to suck at the one thing you should be good at? No wonder you are trying to branch out to football.

EDIT: And of course money can help, but only when there is a country that cares about that particular sport. Canadians could not give two shits about football, hell even the sports they give a shit at they can't even win. Some small countries in Europe that happen to care about both soccer and those sports totally kick their ass. Even the US kicks their Winter Olympic ass.

23. intoronto1125

intoronto1125 Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Don't be a whinny little b!tch! Oh so what if he was a good player, did he accomplish anything here? no. Of course winning a curling world championships is important not as important as other sports but important Its an Olympic sport for gods sake you idiot. Please do not talk about Canadian football if you don;t know what it is. Canadian football is much more exciting then American football ask anyone. Of course Canadians are not going to start there own league, because no one wants to watch a boring sport (its the truth when a lot of games end in 0-0) Why doesn't honduras stop being America's b!itch oh wait they need the aid!! How many medals as Honduras won at an Olympic Games? 0! Canada actually started investing in athletes after the Salt lake games, and guess what we finished with 24 and 26 medals each time out breaking a Canadian record, its a matter of time before we move into the top three. You are a fkin idiot if you don't realize Canada was in the top three the past two Olympics and won the most gold medals in Vancouver breaking an all time record. What did Honduras do that same year, get shut out at the World Cup? From time Canadians number one sport played has been soccer not just a recent thing. Small European countries? Hello Norway, Germany, France, Russia are not small countries you idiot.

24. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Wait, you consider a 0-0 game boring. Why am I even arguing with you? I am sorry I took up my time with someone who does not give a shit about the best and most important sport in this planet.

Oh and Amado didn't do anything because no one has ever done anything with Toronto. You could bring Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, and they would still not make the playoffs. Why would they, they'd want to get shipped out as quickly as possible. Did you see how fast Chris Bosh left Toronto?

BTW for the exception of Russia, they are all small compared to Canada. Even Finland has more medals than Canada.

25. intoronto1125

intoronto1125 Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC

NEVER WILL I CONSIDER SOCCER BORING! I said in general Canadian who are used to higher scoring Hockey games will not shell out money for soccer games that end scoreless. Also there isn't a lot of large enough markets in Canada to sustain soccer. Chris Bosh is a selfish NBA player that wanted to go with his buddies to Miami, thats how most NBA players are. How is Norway small? for the 2011 FIS Nordic ski championships, 50,000 people showed up each day, Biathlon breaks tv records in Germany so you have no point when you say they are small.