CONCACAF Champions League Vol. III [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico: Club Cups and Competitions' started by sidspaceman, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Pink

Mr. Pink Member+

Aug 29, 2005
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Don't forget the Final vs Boca Juniors in Libertadores.

2. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I have never liked the away goal rule, in any competition. In reality Cruz Azul won by 1 in their stadium and so did Pachuca. Just that the rules favored Pachuca in this situation. It also makes teams lazy, they only have to do so much to win, instead of going out to look for more.

3. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I should neg you Pern :(

4. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    For what it's worth, Otaku, your team should have hosted the 2nd Leg because they earned more points during the Group Stage. Maybe that could have made the difference, who knows. But there shouldn't be random determinants for home field advantage.

5. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Even then I would still like there to be no away goal rule for reasons stated above. It just gets too dependent on the situation and how many away goals are scored, it doesn't really show the better team because neither one bested the other.

6. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    same thing with the intercontinental cup. It doesn`t mean much because the the europeans don`t give a crap about it.

7. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    In their eyes, because they are cowards who refuse to acknowledge the strength of South American football.

If you're trying to say that the Southies treated us in the same way, you're somewhat right. I'd have preferred that the CONCACAF would have refused to partake in the InterAmerican Cup unless an IC berth was on the line.