CONCACAF Champions League nostalgia

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by whitbytfcfan, Dec 22, 2020.

1. whitbytfcfan

whitbytfcfan Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    While the neutral site empty stadium makes this far less enjoyable, watching the Tigres vs LAFC final is bringing back pleasant memories of that 2018 run. I still get chills thinking about TFC playing at Azteca Stadium and I'm still amazed that they managed to escape that place with a draw. It's pretty much been a house of horrors for Canadian soccer for as long as I can remember. Hopefully LAFC can win this, it would be huge for MLS to get that trophy regardless of the asterisk.

crazypete13 repped this.
  2. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    I'm actually glad that LAFC didn't win. I do want MLS to start winning the trophy. However, it would feel pretty cheap for LA to play a couple of games in Florida and hoist the trophy when TFC had to run the gauntlet down in Mexico. When we win it, I want it to be because we earned it, not because we got it the easy way.

whitbytfcfan repped this.
  3. whitbytfcfan

whitbytfcfan Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I agree with that. I was still cheering for LAFC but the big asterisk would definitely apply and any Mexican fan would certainly bring up that point in any discussion.

4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. TOFC/ARSENAL

TOFC/ARSENAL Member

Jan 20, 2007
    "Canada Soccer announced that Toronto FC will be the Canadian representative in the 2021 Concacaf Champions League"

This makes sense but I am disappointed that it was not decided on the field. As a long-time Argo fan, I don't need any encouragement to hate Hamilton. It would have been a pleasure to see the Forge lose. :)

crazypete13 repped this.
  6. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States