CCL & CL

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by lguti9, May 18, 2011.

1. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Dear god, everyone is s.o god damn scared of these Mexican and American teams. Such weak minds. they've lost before the game has even started.

slaminsams repped this.
  2. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    you clearly never saw Jalapa-Pachuca, Cremas - Galaxy , Municipal - Pachuca, Xelaju - Fas, or any of the Antigua games lmao.

If anything this was a microsome of what's wrong (and right) with our soccer.

we started well (2-0 up before the 25 min) but then we were shocked more than them and lost out concentration (sounds familiar?)

Then they tied, and went up and one of our players lost his head and got a red card (again, sounds familiar???? )

This just proves that we can play good soccer but we're not consistent enough and we lose our concentration too easily.

but you can't hold much against the players when most never had a good formation early on. We need to have a more holistic approach when coaching them as kids (physical, tactical, mental etc)

3. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Cual de estos se comió 5 en casa con un equipo MLSero ?

4. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Si te referis al galaxy 5 cremas 0 it was here in LA. En casa siempre dan la cara los cremas. Even when they lose at the cementos progreso it's usually by one

Unlike los rojos, que se comieron un 7-3 en el Mateo lmao

5. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    I'm only talking about MLS teams playing in Guatemala.
    I doubt Rojos ever lost versus an MLS club at home like that. Mexican teams are much superior to MLS clubs, that's a different story.

Back to my original comment, giving up 5 goals vs an MLS club IN Guatemala is the worst performance ever. Mexican clubs are a different story.

6. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    En guatemala ? Cuando ? Andas a verga popol? Lol fue el stub hub center

7. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones

mira vos .... es cierto que LA es guatemala 2.0 pero no es guatemala haha

8. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Ya te entendi..ur talking about suchi ......el que anda a verga soy yo lmao.....me voy a dormir my bad a hahha :D:D:D:D:eek:

9. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Patojo más mla y bolo lol

Chul0 repped this.
  10. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Anyway, this is the worst lost vs MLS on home turf. Losing to MLS at home like that (se comieron 5) is unprecedented for any Liga Nacional team.

Chul0 repped this.
  11. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    When Xelajú eliminated Chivas de Guadalajara.

Chul0 repped this.
  12. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    We've had "competitive" teams before lowkey. I still remember Cremas dando pelea en los 4tos de final with 9 men against pachuca. Hernan's Xela, Heredia and Suchi being eliminated on goal difference. Let's see how Guasta does. They've acquired Aparicio (cuantos repatriados van? Aguilar, Aparicio, Samayoa, Cincotta, Ramirez, Dominguez, Payeras etc. Nada mas falta Jerez), Ceballos & Cristopher Ramirez. This latter, Les me vendio a su hermano mayor como crack pero no dio bola con antigua. Granted he was injured for most of his stay.

A ver como le va a Guasta. They have a great GK (he was there when Heredia almost qualified), great midfield and decent Forwards. Their undoing might be their defenders' lack of pace. Houston's Ellis and Quioto might take advantage of that.

Lastly, Guasta's investment is not sustainable. There is something fishy going on with their finances. But that's a completely different topic.

It's called FOOTBALL and edcalvi repped this.
  13. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    0-0 HT. Terrible game but at least Guasta isn't losing yet but tbf Dynamo doesn't look impressive. Only highlight has been Cincotta. Que bien se ve como wingback and linea de 5 como con Sopegno. He needs to calm down though siempre anda acelerado como de costumbre. Gallardo & Calderon had been solid too.

A los demas parece que les quema la pelota. Aparicio, Toña, Martinez & Ramirez se ven bien troncos. Yo metia a Barrientos y Ceballitos in the 2nd. Since they need to win to have a fighting chance in Houston.

14. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Gua 0-1 Hou FT. 2 hours of my life i wont get back

It's over, let's hope they don't get slaughtered in Houston. Dynamo was there for the taking imo, unfortunately Guasta has been out of form for a while. Sad part is they'll be competing in the next edition (new format) too. Let's hope that the other 2 guatemalan teams manage to at least compete for the 6 spots available for the main competion next edition.

15. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Gassed at 70 minutes, sloppy play, crap clearing due to exhaustion, then boom goal. Typical Guatemalan team playing against any other.

When you train for a slow league, you have no chance against a side who focus' on training for 90 minute games.

And you're right Dynamo could have been beaten. They didnt show much attack, just took advantage of typical sloppy Guatemalan soccer. Done

16. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Fijate que es eso lo que emputa. More like disappoints me really. Guasta is one of the few teams in Guate that are dynamic and have great stamina levels. But then again they tend to do that at their home, where the pitch is smaller and the weather kills their opponents. Fisicamente y futbolosticamente no han sido los mismos for a while though

Here they showed too much respect for Dynamo imo. They tried to slow down the play, which I understand since their backline is slow af. But if they would've tried to press them at least in patches they would've cause some damage imo. Amarini se paso de raton, which he tends to do in important games tbh

17. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The announcer said it was one of the hardest venues in Concacaf, when it's not. MLS is much better than the Guatemalan league, but Guastatoya should have known that not all MLS clubs are equal and that Houston was bad last year. DaMarcus Beasley scored his first national team goal in the Gold Cup on January 19, 2002. Yesterday was his first club international goal since Rangers' 3-0 win at Lyon in the UEFA Champions League on October 2, 2007.

18. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    We were so close :'(

19. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Typical Guatemalan team.

20. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    No se pudo :'(

21. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Comunicaciones played with huevos and exited the competition with honor.

22. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    So the CONCACAF League is back next month. Here's the draw: EiefypfWAAE8V__.jpeg.jpg EiefzUeX0AASH64.jpeg.jpg Eiefz-oXsAIu0Di.jpeg.jpg

In the preliminary round Antigua GFC is facing CA Independiente and on paper at least they should be able to progress though I wouldn't hold my breath. They should be able to take advantage of the Liga Panameña's late start however Antigua has been terrible in the league. And in CONCACAF they always disappoint.

Continuing with the preliminary round, Cremas are evenly matched with @Catracho_Azul club Motagua. The Honduran league is barely gonna start so Cremas should try to take advantage of that. However, Comunicaciones' players been falling like flies due to injuries lately so it'll depend on who's available then.

Now in the round of 16 Municipal gets to play the biggest club in Central America. Saprissa are obviously the favorites, however, Municipal plays the best when they can counter. So if their central defenders, Gallardo y Moreira no la cagan, they should at least be able to put up a fight.

There will be only a single match in the preliminary round and last 16. We play away in all 3, however, there won't be any fans so is not as bad as it would be if there fans.

edcalvi repped this.