CONCACAF Champions Cup Matches: Results and Discussion [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by dozerman, Mar 12, 2008.

1. dozerman

dozerman Member

D.C. United
    United States
    Dec 5, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have yet to find a match report, but for those keeping track CD Motagua and Pachuca fought to a 0-0 draw last night in the CCC. They are the other half of our bracket. I guess this will be the place to discuss the other CCC matches results. Has anyone found a match summary?

2. DCUtd

DCUtd Member

Oct 26, 1999
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have seen a number of articles in Spanish. If interested I can link them, but won't have time to translate.

Here is one that also mentions that the winner qualifies for Tokyo. For some reason, I though it was the CCL that did that, not the CCC.

http://www.nacion.com/ln_ee/2008/marzo/12/deportes1458953.html

3. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I have no time to read all articles and stuff, but I wonder if Pachuca used their starting 11 or subs?

4. kravi

kravi Member

May 3, 2004
    Section 134
    I watched the game on FSC last night. Motagua played very well and was constantly threatening Pachuca. Made me twitch to watch Amado Guevera (sp?) though; he still looks like he wants a good beating.

--Me

5. The Cold Sea

The Cold Sea Señor Mejor

Feb 17, 2005
    The District
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Looked like their starting 11. Motagua played them off the park. Pachuca's keeper was man of the match. Calero had to make a good save from a long-range shot and his post saved a sure goal off of a corner.

The winner of the CCC goes to Japan in December. The Champions League will not crown it's first champion until next spring. It's a fall-spring tournament like the UEFA version.

6. Baldiviego

Baldiviego New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Motagua looked disorganized in the back a lot of the time, their strikers couldn't finish anything, most of their chances came from players individual plays, not a whole team build up. They had at least 1 post and a TON of close calls (DC would still be able to wipe the floor with them tho)

Pachuca played a typical away leg, defended and waited for the counter. Calero was man of the match, if there had been a crappy keeper Motagua would have scored at least one.

The field was in bad condition too, I dont think there was one pass didnt start skipping.

7. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    great crowd though.

very even match, they both didnt play great at all.

8. rugman

rugman Member

Oct 13, 2003
    Annapolis
    Didn't see much of the game but Milton Reyes looked good to me. Screw Guevera. Half of me want Motagua to win the series just so we can razz his ass.

9. AMERICANS SC

AMERICANS SC New Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Next year's CCL champion will go to next year's World Champions Series in Japan. [This year's CCC is the last edition in the current format, followed by CCL next year (with a new and improved format :D) and every year thereafter]

10. kravi

kravi Member

May 3, 2004
    Section 134
    All of me wanted Motagua to win. One, so we could taunt Guevara a second time, and two because it means we wouldn't have to face Pachuca.

--Me

11. United fury

United fury Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Calero the guy who played in the Superliga last year for them?

12. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    yes

13. big spaniel

big spaniel Member

Nov 18, 1999
    Arlington, Virginia
    One of the Mexican sports papers used the word (translated) "Snoozer" to describe the game.