Concacaf and Libertadores

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by ilidav, Oct 21, 2003.

1. ilidav

ilidav Member

Jun 9, 2003
    El Paso, TX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can someone explain this process? This means that an MLS team can compete in Copa Libertadores like the Mexican teams? How about Concacaf? I've heard something about a Concacaf cup, besides the Gold Cup?

2. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    "Can someone explain this process? This means that an MLS team can compete in Copa Libertadores like the Mexican teams? How about Concacaf? I've heard something about a Concacaf cup, besides the Gold Cup?"

MLS teams can't compete in copa libertadores. (not yet anyway)

btw are you new to soccer?

3. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll answer as if they were real questions:

MLS cannot participate in Copa Libertadores. Haven't been invited to the dance.

Yes, there is a CONCACAF Champions Cup. The latest edition will feature 2 MLS teams (out of 8 total). The format of the CCC changes annually.

The Gold Cup, like Copa America is only for national teams - CONCACAG Champions Cup and Liberatodores are club competitions.

4. ilidav

ilidav Member

Jun 9, 2003
    El Paso, TX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    btw are you new to soccer? [/B][/QUOTE]

No, I am not new to soccer, I have always been a futbol fan specially in Mexico, now I am an MLS supporter and a WMNT/MNT fan.

After the horrible way that MX playes US in the 2002 world cup, that was it. I was done that day. My two favorite teams and one of them blew it. Later on I learned that's the way it is. If they can't use Cobi as their Piñata they find a way to hit and cheat when they know they are loosing.