Complete list of Foreigners in the MFL

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Various Styles, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    How is the pay in the MFL? Is it higher than in MLS or is it more comparable to the European leagues?

2. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Just to put it into perspective.....

When Bebeto was signed with Neza back in 99... he was getting paid 350K US dollars per month. Neza was stupid for acquiring him and should have spent that on youth.. i guess that is why they are in the 2nd division now.

The National team players make on the avergae between 90K per month to around 140K per month. There are about 20+ players in the league that make about 200-350K per month. Thats just salary alone... they make more with endorsements.

Cuauhtemoc sign for 2 million per season. meaning he will get 4 million this year off salary. Rumors had it that before he left to Spain.. he was making a little over a million per season.

There are some rumors flying around that Jorge Campos is the highest paid player in the league...

3. MyHouse!

MyHouse! Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Tallahassee
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think a lot of American players would benefit from playing in Mexico given the individual skills that many Mexican players have. We need more players who can dribble the way John O'Brien can but it ain't gonna happen sitting on the benches of German teams or jumping through the English Premiere League. I'm not knocking these leagues and I think if players have a chance to play there, by all means, go for it. I just wouldn't automatically close the door on the MFL either.

4. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    That what i have always said...

What good is it to have 10-20 players in Europe if all they do is ride the pine? Are they learning through osmosis?

I understand that some need to sacrifice, but there is a difference between sacrificing and being stupid. IF you are in Europe for a couple years and find yourself riding the pine or hopping around to shytty teams ... go home.. it wasnt meant to be..all you are doing is getting older and your days of playing are limited

5. MyHouse!

MyHouse! Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Tallahassee
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jovan Kirovski is a perfect example of this. He has the talent to have been on this past WC team but the fact that he rarely played on top teams and has been ok in the Nationwide League is why he wasn't on it.

6. jamesf24

jamesf24 New Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Brighton, MI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (R)

Especially not now that KC is getting their A$$ served to them on a platter. I'm sure it is somehow the referees fault.

James

7. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: (R)

YEp... :) it has to be

8. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    un nuevo delantero para el necaxa

flavio barros de brazil

quien sabe de este altotote delantero- de esa manera necaxa llena su cupo de extrangeros

haria dupla con el otro grandodotote de.....de padres brazilenos (ummm se me escapo el nombre)

9. Newman

Newman New Member

Jul 24, 2002
    Madison, WI

To say that all Americans do in Europe is ride the pine is silly. Yes, some are in that situation-Hejduk and Lewis spring to mind. Many are playing quite a bit-O'Brien, Friedel, Cherundolo, Stewart, Reyna, Sanneh, Casey, Vanney, Gibbs, etc. The money is better over there and that is a powerful motivator to stay. I assume players like Lewis and Kirovski believe that they can play at that level, why come home for less money rather than a chance with Preston NE and Birmingham respectively?

Soccer America listed 12 players in the US Nat. pool who received 14+ games last year, also Vanney came mid-season and had 11. This does not include Keller or Lewis who should have many more this year, or any of the Thorringtons and Gibsons who also toil overseas.

10. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001

To say that all Americans do in Europe is ride the pine is silly.

Whats silly is you assuming I was ONLY referring to Americans.

Whats silly is you assuming I said Americans

Truth is.. it goes for anybody..

Yes, some are in that situation-Hejduk and Lewis spring to mind. Many are playing quite a bit-O'Brien, Friedel, Cherundolo, Stewart, Reyna, Sanneh, Casey, Vanney, Gibbs, etc. The money is better over there and that is a powerful motivator to stay. I assume players like Lewis and Kirovski believe that they can play at that level, why come home for less money rather than a chance with Preston NE and Birmingham respectively?

Thats fine and all. But again... I dont care if its Mathis or Blanco... if they are just there riding the pine or jumping around to shytty teams.... its best to go home. Whether they have the quality or not... Some just dont get the opportunity

11. thenucleus

thenucleus New Member

May 27, 2008
    Hi all

I'm in the process of compiling a list of all South American footballers to have represented their countries. I have a question that I hope someone can help with: I have two names for Paraguay - Julio Cesar Yegros and Juan Carlos Yegros. Are these two different people? A lot of sources mix up the two names. If they are different, which one represented Paraguay at France 98?

I also want the full names. I have Julio Cesar Yegros Torres. If they are different people, does anyone know Juan Carlos' full name?

Thank you

12. Nightmare310

Nightmare310 Member+

Dec 6, 2007
    The Streets
    So I just heard the Mexican League will reduce foreiners in the league to 3...Jorge Ramos and Hernan Pereira were discussing this today in their radio show...