Complete list of Foreigners in the MFL

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Various Styles, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    AmériCrap.- Marcio Delvi "Fantick" (BRasil), Marcelo Lipatín (Uruguay), Iván Zamorano (Chile), Ricardo Rojas (Chile) y Hugo Castillo (Argentina).

Atlante.-Manuel GAlarcio (Colombia), Fabián Estay (Chile), Juan Paredes (Paraguay), Federico Vilar (Argentina) y Sebastián González (Chile).

Atlas.-Diego Rivarola (Argentina),Carlos María Morales (Uruguay), Martín Machón (GUatemala), José Luis Calderón (Argentina) y Rodrigo Valenzuela (Chile).

Atlético Celaya.-Jorge Jerez (Argentina), Mario Grana (Argentina), Diego Cagna (Argentina), Diego Latorre (Argentina) y Claudio da Silva (BRasil).

Cruz Azul.-Julio César Pinheiro (BRasil), Sebastián Abreu (Uruguay), Mariano Messera (Argentina) y Cristian Leiva (Argentina).

Jaguares de Chiapas.-Julio César Yegros (PAraguay), Alejandro Glaría (Argentina), Wilmer Ortegón (Colombia) y Oscar Rojas (COsta Rica).

Monterrey.-Flavio Rogeiro (Brasil), Argemiro Veiga (Brasil), Guillermo Franco (Argentina), Pablo Rotchen (Argentina) y Walter Erviti (Argentina).

Morelia.-Hernán Bujhan (Argentina), Darío Franco (Argentina), Diego Gavilán (Paraguay) y Alex Fernandes (Brasil).

Necaxa.-Alex Aguinaga (Ecuador), Juan Reynoso (Perú), Carlos Gutiérrez (Colombia) y Carlos Castro (Colombia).

Pachuca.-Walter Silvani (Argentina), Andres Chitiva (Colombia), Milton Núñez (Honduras), Juan Arango (Venezuela) y Miguel Calero (Colombia).

Puebla.-Jafet Soto (Costa Rica), Roberto Trotta (Argentina), Sergio Vázquez (Uruguay), Mauricio Serna (Colombia) y Milton Coimbra (Bolivia).

Pumas.-Alvaro Morales (Uruguay), Martín García (Uruguay), Rodrigo Lemos (Uruguay), Leandro Augusto (Brasil) y Emerson Dos Santos (Brasil).

Querétaro.-Diego Capria (Argentina), Cristian Traverso (Argentina), Richard Báez (Paraguay), Almir Do Souza (Brasil) y Josemir Lujambio (Uruguay).

Real San Luis.-Marcelo de Faria (Brasil), Roberto Carter (Chile), Harold Wallace (Honduras), Andrés Silva (Uruguay) y José Enrique García (Uruguay).

Santos.-Luis Romero (Paraguay), Denis Caniza (Paraguay), Javier Manjarín (España) y Rodrigo Ruiz (Chile).

Tecos.-Juan Manuel Azconzábal (Argentina), Patricio Camps (Argentina), Osmar Donizete (Brasil), Reynaldo Navia (Chile) y Roberto Palacios (Perú).

Tigres.-Maurilio Thomas (Brasil), Irenio Soares (BRasil), Enilton Menezes (Brasil) y Walter GAitán (Argentina)

Toluca.-José Saturnino Cardozo (Paraguay), Vicente Sánchez (Uruguay), Maximiliano Cuberas (Argentina) y Hernán Cristante (Argentina).

Veracruz.-Caelos Casarteli (Argentina), Angel Morales (Argentina), Martín Rodríguez (Uruguay), Pablo Galdames (Chile) y Alex Madrigal (Costa Rica).

2. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Foreigners with Mexican Citizenship

Gabriel Caballero-------------Argentina----------------------Atlas
    Sergio Verdirame-------------Argentina----------------------Monterrey
    Antonio Mohamed-------------Argentina----------------------Celaya
    Martín Boasso-----------------Argentina----------------------Pachuca
    José Damasceno "Tiba"------Brasil---------------------------Santos
    Antonio Naelson "Sinha"-----Brasil---------------------------Toluca
    José Enrique García----------Uruguay------------------------San Luis

3. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    MFL Club with no foreigners

[​IMG]

No Foreigners and the most League Championships "10"

4. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Thanks for the list.

5. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: MFL Club with no foreigners

:rolleyes:

VS,

i would expect a little bit more common sense from you..

80% of Chivas titles were won during the 50s and 60s. Did you know that Mexico won its first WC game in 62? Do you see where I am going with this? Have you noticed the correlation between the internationalization of the MFL and the decrease in Chivas throughout the years? Fact is, Mexico sucked in the 30s,40s,50s, & 60s (at the international level).

IF you want an all Mexican team, there is always the Mexican NAtional team.

6. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Re: Re: MFL Club with no foreigners

Tell that to Luis Hernandez :p

7. Tick

Tick Member

Sep 30, 2000
    Rochester, NY
    Okay, this is NOT meant as a troll. I'm honestly asking for opinions on this...

Why are there no Americans in the MFL?

I can't really think of a reason. There are American players who are good enough for the MFL, and from what I understand, MFL pays more than MLS. So it would make sense for American players to go to the MFL.

Is there some reluctance by MFL teams to take Americans? Or are Americans not interested in playing in the MFL? Or am I missing something obvious?

8. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: Re: Re: MFL Club with no foreigners

if the government recognizes an individual as a citizen, then he is Mexican whether we like it or not.

The current dilemna about a lot of players wanting to nationalize themselves Mexican should not even be an issue. If you want to solve the problem, start from the root.. Monitor who comes in. Its that simple. I agree with Hugo Sanchez on this one. I am not against having foreigners in our league, but make sure they are better than the ones we have. There is no need to have players like Tibia or Claudihno or Faria or Colimbra(sp) in the MFL. You have the LEon's, LA Piedad's, Neza's to thank for that. Instead of using that money on youth, they hire those type of players. The problem about having old players from SOuth America is almost inexistant.. which is a plus..

A player, born or nationalized, should have every right to play for the national team. I disagree with nationaising one just for the sole purpose of playing for the national team...but that just goes back to monitor who comes in and who stays out..

9. Mattinho

Mattinho Member

Jan 27, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where's Frankie Oviedo from?

10. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  11. highgarden

highgarden New Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are a lot of Argentines in the MFL. Is the pay better than it is in Argentina? (before Argentina's economy bottomed out)

12. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I dont mean to troll either, but the general consensus in Mexico is that Americans and the US is still an inferior league and team. That could be a reason why there have not been too many Americans in the MFL. Just like there has not been a lot of Central Americans, Carribeans, etc. I guess they feel they dont want to downgrade. I am not sure how much the World Cup loss to the US is going to change that because the world just took that as an upset (like it or not). The only thing it did do is wake up the FMF. If you notice, the Mexican NAtional team still doesnt have a coach and they dont plan to get one for quite some time. All thier resources are going towards the sub 15,17,20,& 23 teams.

Also, Americans are also to blame for their inexistance in the MFL.. The few Central Americans that play in the MFL make it a point to play in MExico. They go through great lengths to try and play in the MFL. Some of the central Americans that play in the MFL have the same sports agent and thats is why they are able to play because they have a brigde. US players dont have that. Steve Sampson could change that. word has it that he is in cahoots with a couple of the Mexican execs.

13. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    rdl

80% of Chivas titles were won during the 50s and 60s.

Correction, that would be 70% of their titles most of which were won back to back to back...

1956-57, 58-59, 59-60, 60-61, 61-62, 63-64, 64-65.

Did you know that Mexico won its first WC game in 62?

Guess who made up the majority of that Squad ?

Do you see where I am going with this? Have you noticed the correlation between the internationalization of the MFL and the decrease in Chivas throughout the years?

Chivas is still the only Mexican Club to have Won a Championship each Decade:

1969-70, 1986-87, 1997-98 Dont Hate Congratulate :D

14. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Tick

Why are there no Americans in the MFL?

Very few have been offered contracts. I can remeber Wynalda's back injury leaving him out of Leon. Then Coby Jones turned down an offer from Tecos (instead he went to try out with Coventry) a while back Pumas wanted Josh Wolff and just recently Atlas tried to get Landon Donovan on loan..

I can't really think of a reason. There are American players who are good enough for the MFL, and from what I understand, MFL pays more than MLS. So it would make sense for American players to go to the MFL.

The MLS doesnt want to let go of its star players. Most of their foreigners are real old and they really havent gotten any more players, all they have is their home grown talent, take that away and the MLS could really Suck..

Is there some reluctance by MFL teams to take Americans? Or are Americans not interested in playing in the MFL? Or am I missing something obvious?

No reluctance, Many Americans have played in the MFL before. The thing is MFL Clubs can now get quality South Americans on Wholesale due to the economic crisis in S.A.

15. toot86

toot86 New Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Long John Silver's
    Re: Tick

No reluctance, Many Americans have played in the MFL before. The thing is MFL Clubs can now get quality South Americans on Wholesale due to the economic crisis in S.A. [/QUOTE]

LoL that is sooo true...... But I would liked to see Cruz Azul get Riquelme ...

Hey is Ortega from the Argentina team still playing in Argentina?

16. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    toot86

I would liked to see Cruz Azul get Riquelme.

Riquelme is allready with Barcelona..

Hey is Ortega from the Argentina team still playing in Argentina?

Ortega now belongs to Ferenbache of the Turkish first division. Damn toot you are way behind your footy news..

17. toot86

toot86 New Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Long John Silver's
    yes i know

I knew Riquelme was in Barcelona but i ment to say.;.. I would liked that Cruz Azul would of snatched him up b4 barca....

And Ortega i REALLY didint know ... But i knew he was the only player on the Argi NT that wasnt playing in Europe... So i wondered in this Economic Crisis would he still be playing in Argie land.

I guess no one wants to stay in argentina... Hope we can benifet from this..

18. el mofles

el mofles Member

May 16, 2001
    RC Mongolian BBQ
    Club:
    Birmingham City LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Foreigners with Mexican Citizenship

THere's arguable two on that list (Sinha and Jose Enri) that seem outclassed by the rest, thus making their citizenship look more like a career move. If putting it in terms of paying dues to the league with good futbol over the years then the rest did earn their extra years of MFL.

Cobi's mentality was logical with the Tecos deal. Instead of getting on the plane to just sign a contract fresh off the plane, he decided to roll the dice with some bottom table-dwelling team.

19. Darr

Darr Member

Apr 6, 2002
    St.Louis, MO
    Re: Re: Tick

Ortega signed to play in the Turkish league... One of the big two I believe...

20. Hank Rearden

Hank Rearden New Member

Jul 9, 1999
    Dundee, Illinois, USA
    Here is the list of foreigners in the 1A:

nombre lugar de nacimiento goles JJ minutos equipo
    César Alejandro Alexenicer Argentina 10 7 630 A. Chiapas
    Antonio Barbosa Brasil 2 2 180 A. Chiapas
    Héctor Horacio Gimenes Uruguay 14 12 1080 A. Mexiquense
    Horacio Nicolás Erpen Argentina 4 4 360 A. Mexiquense
    Juan Carlos Centurión Paraguay 10 9 810 Acapulco
    Alexis Javier García Argentina 0 1 80 Acapulco
    Miguel Angel Larrosa Uruguay 5 6 503 Aguascalientes
    Juan Augusto Gómez Argentina 3 5 369 Aguascalientes
    Cristian Alfonso Cásseres Venezuela 3 3 270 Bachilleres
    José Carlos Dias Brasil 10 10 856 Cobras de Cd. Juárez
    Marcelo Verón Argentina 2 3 203 Cobras de Cd. Juárez
    Eleandro Luis Schroeder Brasil 2 2 180 Cobras de Cd. Juárez
    Alessandro Correa Brasil 1 2 100 Cobras de Cd. Juárez
    Marco Antonio De Almeida Brasil 6 4 360 Correcaminos
    Daniel Rosello Uruguay 6 7 630 Correcaminos
    José Carlos Cancela Uruguay 9 6 540 Cruz Azul Hgo.
    Juan Manuel Zandona Argentina 1 1 90 Cruz Azul Hgo.
    Éder Pacheco Brasil 1 1 90 Cruz Azul Hgo.
    Jhon Jairo Culma Colombia 1 0 0 Cruz Azul Hgo.
    Adrián Lionel Cano Argentina 10 8 712 Durango
    Édson Luis Zwaricz Brasil 3 3 270 Durango
    Julián Martín Alianiello Argentina 2 2 167 Nacional Tijuana
    Diego Alberto Landeiro Argentina 0 1 73 Nacional Tijuana
    Víctor Danilo Pacheco Colombia 8 5 444 Oaxaca
    Roque Daniel Galeano Argentina 2 2 180 Oaxaca
    Walter Rodrigo Fleita Argentina 2 2 154 Oaxaca
    Andrés José Carevic Argentina 1 2 175 Oaxaca
    Aldo Adorno Paraguay 1 1 90 Oaxaca
    Oscar Ariel González Argentina 15 8 720 Querétaro
    Josías Ferreira Brasil 5 5 450 Querétaro
    Mauro Néstor Gerk Argentina 3 3 270 Querétaro
    Roberto Rodrigo Cartes Chile 2 2 180 Querétaro
    José Enrique García Uruguay 12 9 810 San Luis
    Édson Marcelo de Faría Brasil 5 4 360 San Luis
    Ricardo David Páez Venezuela 1 1 90 San Luis
    Jonathan Martínez extranjero 0 1 78 San Luis
    Héctor Carlos Alvarez Argentina 13 10 900 Tampico Madero
    Rodolfo Gustavo Flores Argentina 3 2 180 Tampico Madero
    Carlos Leonardo Morales Paraguay 3 2 180 Tampico Madero
    Williams de Oliveira Brasil 1 1 79 Tampico Madero
    Valtencir Gomes Brasil 6 5 450 Tigrillos
    Juan Junior Sastoque Estados Unidos 1 1 90 Tigrillos
    Lucas Emanuel Ayala Argentina 0 1 43 Tigrillos
    Carlos Germán Arangio Argentina 10 8 657 Toros Neza
    Adrián Claudio Marini Argentina 5 5 382 Toros Neza
    Alberto Martín Vargas Argentina 0 1 58 Toros Neza
    Carlos David Casartelli Argentina 9 8 708 Veracruz
    Diego Raúl Melillo Argentina 4 4 360 Veracruz
    Gustavo Germán Gorsd Argentina 1 2 156 Veracruz
    Raúl Eduardo Gordillo Argentina 1 1 90 Veracruz
    Carlos Alberto Fretes Argentina 7 5 450 Zacatecas
    Julio César Colman Paraguay 7 6 540 Zacatecas
    Hernán Darío Panero Argentina 0 1 87 Zacatecas
    Javier Gerardo Lima Uruguay 0 1 88 Zacatecas
    Cristian Gabriel Torres Argentina 11 8 720 Zacatepec
    Pablo Alberto Bocco Argentina 4 3 270 Zacatepec
    Amado Guevara Honduras 2 2 180 Zacatepec
    Juan Martín Parodi Uruguay 2 2 180 Zacatepec
    Luis Gabriel Rey Colombia 7 5 450 Zitácuaro
    Néstor Raúl Cuadros Colombia 2 2 180 Zitácuaro
    Héctor Federico Carballo Argentina 0 2 108 Zitácuaro

21. Hank Rearden

Hank Rearden New Member

Jul 9, 1999
    Dundee, Illinois, USA
    I guess that was an old list, but it raises a question: what happened with Queretaro and Chiapas? They are now in the MFL with Real San Luis, but they have points and games played according to the Descenco chart. Did La Piedad or Leon buy or merge with them? Which teams were relegated from the MFL after all?

Thanks in advance.

22. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    cuantos son por pais

son 27 de argentina
    14 de brazil y uruguay
    9 de chile
    7 de paraguay y Locombia
    4 de peru (VS te falta flavio Maestri- a postosi)
    3 de costa Rica
    2 de HDS
    uno de Bolivia - venelandia- ecuador- españa-guate

harold wallace es Hondureño? crei que era Tico

con tanto extrangero se puede hacer un cuadrangular de naciones con 2 suplentes cada equipo completo!

23. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Hank Rearden

I guess that was an old list, but it raises a question: what happened with Queretaro and Chiapas?

Its all a mess, pretty difficult to understand. Two former Club franchise got sold. So Irapuato which had become the Fake Veracruz got replaced by Chiapas and Queretaro replaced La Piedad..

Leon was relegated. Since the League expanded to 20 Clubs both Veracruz (The real Club which had been relegated a while back) and San Luis got promoted..

24. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    FLAVIO MAESTRI

El peruano llegó anoche

[​IMG]

Presentan a Maestri

ESTE día, el club San Luis presentará al delantero peruano Flavio Maestri como su último refuerzo, de cara al Torneo de Apertura 2002.

El sudamericano llegó ayer en la noche (22:00 horas) al Aeropuerto Internacional de la Ciudad de México, donde fue recibido por Ricardo Pérez Amaral, vicepresidente operativo del club.

Maestri, de 29 años, actuará a préstamo por un año con opción de compra, por lo que Real San Luis pagó 400.000 dólares al mismo jugador, que es dueño de su pase.

El peruano jugó en Hércules de Alicante (España) y Universidad de Chile, además de formar parte de la selección de su país a lo largo de cinco años.

La presentación del goleador estará a cargo del presidente del equipo Eduardo del Villar, y el técnico Juan Antonio Luna.

25. Hank Rearden

Hank Rearden New Member

Jul 9, 1999
    Dundee, Illinois, USA
    Re: Hank Rearden

Thank you for the information. So does this mean that Irapuato/Veracruz II was bought by the owners of Chiapas, and Chiapas inherits their standings in the Descenco table? Same for Queretaro? It seems strange that a club can buy its way into the MFL - were the Irapuato/Veracruz II owners forced to sell their team?