complaints about Pele's 100 footballers of the century

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by S H LEE 13, Oct 23, 2004.

1. S H LEE 13

S H LEE 13 New Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Rochester MN
    Anyone got any complaints about Pele's 100 best footballers of the century??
    [go here to see the list. It's actually 125. the 100 is supposed to represent the 100 years of FIFA I think]
    http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/List of 100 Greatest Living Soccer Players

I, for one, think that Cha Bum-Keun should be on there for South Korea. He was the best Asian footballer of all time. He brought 2 UEFA cups home for his German clubs. I think Pele bonked his head. :mad:

Where's Mark van Bommel?? I know this one is contraversable, but I think that he's made a big impact on Dutch football. Lange Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink I can live without, but no van Bommel?? C'mon Pele!!!

2. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Travis... you're years too late.

Seriously, tho, this topic's been covered in several threads. You should do a search and see what you come up with. Most of the discussion about Pele's list revolved around the fact that he included two female players. I don't think I've seen much debate about the men who are or are not on the list.

But, at the end of the day, this is Pele we're talking about. The man has said that Freddy Adu would become "the next Pele". He's said that George Best was the greatest player of all time. He predicted that Cameroon (I think it Cameroon, anyhow) would win the 2002 World Cup. If his list bothers you, ignore it, wish him a happy belated birthday and move on.

3. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Been done before. But here's a few points.

Why? - Saviola, Beckham, Keegan, Owen, Seaman, Shearer, Henry, Pires, Thuram, Trezeguet, Vieira, Del Piero, Vieri, Davids, Kluivert, Luis Enrique, Emre, Rustu...

4. Milos

Milos Member+

Sep 6, 2003
    Iacon
    Club:
    Coventry City FC

He said that an African nation would win the world cup by the year 2000. How wrong he was

5. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thanks. I knew it involved an African nation. I didn't know he never specified which one.

He should have said "team". That would have made him look like a prophet in 1998 :D

6. Jacobo

Jacobo New Member

Sep 19, 2004
    u.s.a.
    maradona is player of century ;)

7. king_saladin

king_saladin New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    MI, USA
    Does Adu suck, or what?
    Sorry, I know very little about Adu

8. Jacobo

Jacobo New Member

Sep 19, 2004
    u.s.a.
    well hes 15,plays pro in MLS and is the highest paid soccer player in the US history.

9. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Pele is a retard. End of story!

10. king_saladin

king_saladin New Member

Oct 5, 2004