Complaints about FSE Libertadores coverage

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Mengão86, Feb 15, 2007.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    To tell you the truth, I don't think Caracas FC played that good either. Sure, at the beginning of the match they attacked well and everything, but I think the Fox Commentators over-inflated their performance. The only reason they kept on saying how great Caracas played, in my opinion, was because they were the underdogs and no one expected them to win. If River were to have won that way, we would have all said it was an extremely horrible performance. That's a fact.

2. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I'd believe you except that Niembro and Co. are always biased in their commentaries when the big teams from Argentina play.

3. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Like I said before, I think the commentators did ok
    even more, I'm surprissed that they admitted several times that the referee was helping River Plate (Something that mexicans commentators don't do)

I don't think that they over-inflated CaracasFC performance.
    Did you see how #11 Gonzalez was unstoppable?
    Did you see how Carpintero (forward) beat everybody running everytime?
    Did you see Toyo saves?
    Did you see how Vera, our 34-year-old #5 stopped Belluschi all game long?

You can't expect a team from Venezuela to play in Buenos Aires the way Sao Paulo, Flamengo, etc. would play.
    And for at least 1/2 of the game CaracasFC didn't play defensively.

4. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Damn FSE!!!!!!!!:mad:

I was expecting to see at least one of the two games where Colombian teams played, and they showed the two concacrap semifinals, eventhough they said only the Chivas games was going to be broadcasted.....

5. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Well, initially only the Chivas game was going to be shown. When the Pachuca game got postponed on Wednesday for one day, there was a fast change in the schedule to accomodate its airing on Thursday.

I'm not justifying their decision, but that's what happened. Of course, the Champions' Cup games were on Fox Soccer Channel as well, so people wanting to watch them could have gone there. FSE could have stuck with the Libertadores games.

I guess it's something of a miracle that LDU-River wasn't pre-empted by a live broadcast of Pachuca-Houston.

6. jass

jass Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Club:
    Parana Curitiba
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Another week, and no live games shwon in the Parana-Flamengo-Potosi-Maracaibo group, including once again a "no airing" of a Maracaibo game.

7. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Re: Copa Toyota Libertadores 2007 TV schedule

Motherf....r!!!
    Now I gotta try to find a way to watch it on the internet or listen to it :confused:

8. paulo_mengao

paulo_mengao New Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ, USA

Wtf ! Why Can't They Broadcast One Single Match From My Group !!!!

9. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

FSE is a joke...nothing else needed to be said..

10. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Why? The CONCACAF Champions Cup (that would be the cup of the confederation FSE is based on) has matches this week as well.

11. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

No Flamengo games have been broadcasted live throughout the course of the Libertadores, his complains come mostly from that little fact.

Flamengo is the most popular team in Brazil... the fact that they get no coverage is a joke.

12. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

I don't think they've shown any live games from that group, which makes it more of a joke. :confused:

Metro

13. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Oh, maybe that's a fair point then. I'll shut up now. :)

14. jass

jass Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Club:
    Parana Curitiba
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Not a single game has been shown live, and not a single game involving Maracaibo has been shown at ALL. And when the games are tape delayed, theyre shown the next day instead of at night like the other groups (say a 9pm game being aired at midnight)

That means Parana and Flamengo fans werent able to watch their games against Maracaibo.

I dont remember if any Potosi game has been aired

15. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

I remember watching Potosi-Maracaibo (or Maracaibo-Potosi) the same night of when they actually played, taped delay though, of course.

Metro

16. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Yeah, Flamengo vs. Potosi was delayed till the next day.

FSE couldn't even show the biggest two games of the group live, which was Flamengo x Parana.

And Matthew, I realize that FSE is based on CONCACAF, but they are hogging the rights to the Libertadores. If they can't show the games, they should let someone else show some of the games.

17. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

maybe some kind of obscure portuguese TV rights? :eek:

18. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Better than what there is now, which is nothing.

19. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I for one will watch the delayed tape version, of Colo Colo vs. LDU Quito, at 12:30 a.m. tomorrow night.

That means I'll stay away from any sports pages for the time being, and only watch American TV, so that I can pretend to see the game as if it were being broadcast live.

FSE hasn't done the first round of the Copa Libertadores justice, hopefully this problem can be rectified once the 2nd rnd comes into play.

20. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    well with less games, expect all of them being shown LIVE.

21. FLFootballFan

FLFootballFan Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Club:
    Nacional de Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The Bias towards Mexican teams bothers the crap out of me!!! True journalists and announcers do their job objectively. And about the coverage, they should just fix things once and for all: Get an f-ing FSE for mexican followers and another for the rest of us like FSE-2 or something. Any thoughts?????

Lastly, with all due respect, that little concacaf tourney it's a complete joke. So much of a joke, that mexican teams have to play the libertadores to get better competition. Give me a break!!!! Hopefully for the next Copa America, a south american country will win. I would not stand mexico winning because of how obnoxious the TV coverage in Univision(aka Televisa) would be.:mad: :mad: :mad: .......I thought Fiore was Argentinian.

22. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    He is, but he works for mexicans. :p

23. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    First of all that little Concacaf tourney was pretty good. The Pachuca vs Chivas series was better than any game in the libertadores this year. This coming from a guy who hates Chivas and is indifferent towards Pachuca.

And its all about supply and demand. If the majority of people who watch those channels are Mexican they are going to cater to their crowd.

Just be glad you could watch the games it could be like it used to. Pay 20 dollars to watch one game on closed circuit and thats if you were lucky that they would show the game.

Ya saben porque lo hacen y todavia siguen llorando. Tienen suerte que hablan español si no estuvieran como los fanaticos del Flamengo. A esos si se los chingaron. :p

24. paulo_mengao

paulo_mengao New Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ, USA
    :mad: Creo que se la final for entre equipos brasilenãs, quizás no la transmitan !

Ya saben porque lo hacen y todavia siguen llorando. Tienen suerte que hablan español si no estuvieran como los fanaticos del Flamengo. A esos si se los chingaron. :p[/quote]

25. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    creoq eu deberiamos de tener un FOX SPORTS 2

hay muchos programas que son buenos y no se ven'

EXPEDIENTE FUTBOL
    AL ULTIMA PALABRA