Complaint about Arsenal forum moderator Rick B

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by johan neeskens, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

Your really not getting this are you? Where in which post in which thread on which forum have I said I don't or wouldn't want you around?

I asked a simple thing - for you to stop repeating the same point over and over and over again. Look at this thread - most of it is saying the same damm thing!!!

You ignored me 3 times so I had no choice but to threaten you with a card to get you to stop. NOT STOP POSTING, BUT STOP THE REPETITIVE POINT!!!

I wonder how old you are to not understand such a simplistic line of events. But I guess your never wrong...........

Any why in the post where you have quoted Milkes have you again said "why RickB finds personal insults acceptable while he takes issue with someone repeating the same argument. I don't get the logic of that and I don't see any justification of it in the forum rules."

I have stated quite clearly that the two are completly seperate. I will not find personal insults acceptable and will edit and warn when I see them which is what happened once the single insult had been bought to my attention in that damm thread.

Can you see what people are getting at here? You are again saying the same thing over and over without bothering to look at any argument against your belief. Stubburn and bloody minded is what we call it in the UK.............!!

2. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Again, this can be summarised as the following: I irritated the regulars of the Arsenal forum so they decided to get me out of there. This to me is like a bunch of 8-year olds on the playground telling someone 'you can't play we don't like you'.

Anyway don't worry, I'm not going anywhere near that forum again.

3. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    I wont deny I found you irritating. IMO you were being so (not your original post but the repeats of it). I also can't deny that if you or anyone else constantly post irritating posts then IMO you or they are not adding much, if anything to the forum, which is pretty pointless. I'm sure a lot of my posts are pretty weak, and I'm surprised I haven't been criticised for it more, but I do try to be entertaining / informative...

And it IS our ball ;)

4. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well in actuality its more like a bunch of 20+ year olds saying "go away, you're annoying"
    Good for you, your insightful input will be sorely missed. :rolleyes:

5. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I'm sorry, but this is exactly what the problem was before. Yes, it came down to the fact you annoyed people on the forum, but nobody told you to leave. All that was asked was that you stopped repeating the same point over and over. Here are some examples:

It's nothing to do with the fact nobody wants you there. It's just when faced with an argument that consists of:

It's the same thing over and over! At least seven people gave you a valid argument - ARSENE WENGER SAID HE WAS NOT FIT AFTER THE FRIENDLY HE PLAYED. But yet you continued to reiterate the same points over and over. To be honest, it was like arguing with a five year old. "But why doesn't van Persie play?" "But why?" "But why?" "But why?" "But why?"

I can understand why Rick (and every other regular from the forum who posted in that thread) got frustrated with you. Maybe threatening a ban wasn't the best course of action, but all he tried to do was get the point across in a manner that you could understand.

6. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't force anyone to contribute to my thread. You could have just ignored it and let it bleed to death. Instead you all decided to jump in. You might want to ask yourself why my 'pointless argument' actually produced the most lively discussion on the Arsenal board of that day.

I'll leave it at that. Have fun congratulating each other on the Arsenal board!

7. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's simple really, people enjoy ridiculing others uninformed opinions.
    :rolleyes:

8. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well, we actually thought we could help u understand the situation.
    And if that was lively, i must have been dead !! :D
    And did RickB actually give u a card ?!

Ok,now this is way off topic:
    Wat did a fully fit RvP do against Man City ?!
    And continuing this, we could turn ourselves into some anti-RvP ppl. So i'll stop here, coz he's still improving.
    Anyway, thats not the point. If u felt insulted by others, u should have pointed it out there or PM the mod about some poster insulting !!
    Why dont we all stop here .. No cards, no losers and no winners !! Stalemate !! :D

9. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    For the billionth time: I was NOT insulted by what was said to me. I just don't understand why what I did was worse than what others did on that thread. It's the principle of it all.

10. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Other people offered a balanced argument - an argument that saw them take into consideration the points that others made, and then counter that with another point. Most people (Rick probably included) felt that you reiterating the same point over and over was not productive, and was not contributing to the thread in a meaningful way, hence the problems we are now having.

11. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Actually wat the other posters did was similar to wat u did !!
    Only, u were repeating the RvP thing again and again and the rest of the posters (different ones) repeated the same thing, about RvP being unfit and stuff. And wat we were trying to do was, assuming u missed the pre-match reports, explain why RvP was being left out !! But somehow u didnt seem to look in Wenger's point of view why he was left out (though he eventually came on).
    No offence to u but even i was pretty bugged off coz i tried to explain the reasons myself twice or thrice but that left ur view unchanged.
    So anyway, no offence. No harm done. Hope to see u again there :) !!

12. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    So repetitition is worse than personal insults and sexism, that is what you're saying isn't it.

13. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm sorry that i didn't mention that .. But that was because you said in the previous post that you were not insulted by wat others said to u ..

I apologize on behalf of whoever insulted you. But i would like to point out that the personal attacks is seen as a way of pulling someone's leg.
    And about sexism,hmmm, i wish u hadn't mentioned your gender. Coz atleast among guys, its another way of pulling each other's leg .. And like i said, you should have PM the mod regarding the personal insults and sexism. I'm sure something could have been done about it.

14. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rick...Now you know how we feel about Liberal P&CE Board!!!

:)

15. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Different type of conservative.

16. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    So pulling someone's leg in a sexist manner is no problem but pulling someone's leg in a repetitive manner is to be frowned upon.

The need for being repetitive is demonstrated yet again by the way. Somehow you people don't get what I object to. You can call me whatever you like, I'm a confident woman who really couldn't care less what people she doesn't even know think of her. The problem I have is with the double standards of this specific mod. It's not up to him to decide what's objectionable and what isn't.

17. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Oh .. So u were being sarcastic ?? Maybe u should've put a sarcastic smiley or something .. Things would have been so simple then :D . Anyway, like u said, i might have been repetitive but i was just trying out different angles to help u understand. I give up. Sorry about watever happened !!
    And to the later part - how many people agreed/disagreed with u ??

18. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Whether I was being sarcastic or not is completely irrelevant.

Sigh. In the words of Louis van Gaal: are you all that stupid or am I that intelligent.

19. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England

Given your lack of understanding of the responses to you in the original thread, the answer appears to be neither.

20. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Fixed it for u ..

21. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    You're right, my original thread deserves punishment. I deserve to be carded and banned, this clearly is a forum reserved only for highly intelligent people and I have no place here.

22. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Cool, then can we stop this ?! :D

23. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Of course. I now see the error of my ways and I will gladly start a new thread on the Arsenal forum singing the praises of Adebayor, THE greatest footballer in Arsenal history, nay the history of football in its entirity. Anyone who can't see that is clearly an idiot.

24. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So u'll be back there ?? :eek: ..
    Just kidding , cool, open any thread u like and this time i assure u, there'll be no personal insults and watever !! And u can actually count the no. of idiots there !! :D

25. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    oh dear god...