Como Mexicano, Cual mundial para ti era el mas memorable???que te hiso llorar, sentir, Brincar, y vo

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by fireEagleCuauhtemoc, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Necaxista

Necaxista New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Cuernavaca
    Club:
    Club Necaxa
    Nat'l Team:
    Namibia
    Re: Como Mexicano, Cual mundial para ti era el mas memorable???que te hiso llorar, sentir, Brincar,

I was actually in the 94 world cup to watch Sweden Saudi Arabia (still have those tickets) and my father saw both 70 and 86.

But the 98 World Cup was the best. I remember trying not to cry but I felt sick for days and I ended up not watching the rest of the WC, except for the final.

2. nopalnation

nopalnation Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Como Mexicano, Cual mundial para ti era el mas memorable???que te hiso llorar, sentir, Brincar,

I know Mexico was second choice for 86', the original country could not finish all the requirements to host it, does anyone know which country that was? I always wondered that..
    I heard someone in la jugada talk about it but i missed it when they said who it was.

speaking of that, any news on how South Africa is doing?

3. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I believe it was Colombia, but they were having economic issues at the time.

/p

4. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

fireEagleCuauhtemoc www.twitter.com/alonsobueno1

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

how did you guys celebrate THe Borg's Goal against Italia in 2002????? man, it was UNDescribable feeling rite.

5. nopalnation

nopalnation Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I still have that game recorded on a VHS tape, and I watch it when i'm feeling a little blue:D. To me it is still one of the greatest goals i have ever seen, top 5 easy. But we must credit Cuauh on that one, his pass was genius!

watch the ownage (video of full play)

[youtube]O2xxi_uv1PA[/youtube]

6. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC

First off, I hope none of you youngsters have to face a 1990 situation. Not attending, with Hugo and Galindo in their primes, because we appealed a clear charge of cheating, terrible.

Two WCs really stand out for me. Mexico 86 was exciting because of the home atmosphere, and nothing compares to the first round thrillers of 94 (4 teams tied for first even on goal difference), though 98 comes pretty close.

Unfortunately, except for the disaster of 02, we were eliminated in the others with a similar storyline- Mexico playing exciting soccer, with victory within grasp, end up losing in penalties/overtime/etc. I'm looking forward to winning in overtime one of these years.

7. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I just loved the way THE BORG celebrated that goal, with passion and fire ! and justtttt went crazy, much love for him....I'll never forget that foward as time goes on.

8. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

hey guys its actually only 2 more years for the world cup, time is going to fly by quick :)

9. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

oh man, i remember that goal/game as if it were yesterday. it was about 4 or 5AM local time, and me and my dad woke up early to watch it. wel actually, my dad was the one that woke up cuz i didn't sleep. i had finals that same week and was pulling an all niter. but anyway, when Borgetti put the ball in the back of the neck me and my dad screamed our lungs out! we actually woke up my mom :p

10. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

ya i remember i had finals too! stayed up all nite

11. Robert_08

Robert_08 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    El Paso
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Thats why
    Empato con italia en 1er lugar

12. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia

when was the last time a team with 7 points and a team with 4 tied for first place?

13. Robert_08

Robert_08 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    El Paso
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Oh my bad I got confused

And before you tell me: I had to be a noob:rolleyes:

:D

14. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

The build up to the Borg's goal, against Italy, had me believing Mexico would advance past the round of sixteen but I knew we were done for when we drew the gringos, they already had our number by that time.

I was even cheering on the nine man Portuguese team that only needed a draw to advance, and eliminate the U.S., however it was not meant to be, I believe Pauleta struck the post in OT.

That said WC 94 was my first true World Cup, while I did get to catch glimpses of Mexico 86 and Italy 90 I was too young to remember anything significant other than Pique and that the TriColor were not invited to the big party.

Anyways, more than anything I am pissed that we have been our own worst enemies leading to the round of sixteen. In U.S. 94 Mejia Baron leaves out Hugo Sanchez and fails to take advantage of Bulgaria going down a man.

In France 98 Manolo Lapuente paid the price for leaving behind the likes of Paulo Cesar Chavez and Joaquin del Olmo, both better midfield players than Raul Rodrigo Lara, whom I still suspect has some sort of tie-in to Televisa.

As we all know, sans RdLmVcp who has a grainy video to go off of, Lara was in the receiving end of both German goals. Most Americanistas (sic) try to cover this up by saying that Luis Hernandez missed a sitter to double the lead, bleh.

By the time the Korea-Japan 02 WC rolled around I understood football to a degree most of you nooberts will never be able to comprehend, such was my knowledge of the Beautiful Game that it replaced earlier childhood memories, complete episodes of Mr Belvedere, and other friendly faces like Pistachon Zig Zag, Patas Verdes and El Eco-Loco.

Which is why the loss to the U.S nads really got to me. I knew how much better we were, but the FMF had been whoring out the National Team in the years leading up to the WC, with multiple "friendlies" in U.S soil that by the time we faced them in Jenjou they had a blue print on how to defeat the Tricolor.

I guarantee you if the U.S are to play the same exact number of "friendlies" in Mexico we will easily turn the tide, but unfortunately for us they are not that stupid and already coped-out of a match at the Azteca stadium.

Germany 06 I liked because I attended the games, yet I did not feel the excitement of the Mex-Italy game from the previous World Cup. With Lavolpe at the helm the Tricolor felt soul less which made the elimination to Argentina all the more painful.

This was the first time in the Tourney that Mexico played like a team and to be eliminated by a One in a Million goal just destroyed what little hope had been built during the first half.

Still, I had the pleasure or writing an article for Excelsior newspaper, about the fans reactions when it was announced that Argentina would be the rivals and I did as told, "Que Chingue su Madre Lavolpe".

15. MalboroDude

MalboroDude Member+

May 31, 2006
    LookingToProperlyIntroduceMyselfToAnIcelandicGirl
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Love the gol too. One of my favs.

Totally unexpected I must say. Out of nowhere boom!! the borg shows up and scores. beautiful.

What I like the most about it aside from the angle coz of the borg's positioning; is that there was quite a bit of ball control from Mexico. They passed the ball around for a while without letting the Italians touch it. They tried one side with El Cabrito, didn't work and without much trouble they go back a little then the middle and then try the other side.

:)

16. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I totally feel the same way... How they worked that goal nobody in the world could have done it any better.:) World Class goal.

17. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

i remember i was tearing up and screaming of joy..when he scored, it was just like beautiful at the rite moment and everything..it was awsome

18. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

They have finals in preschool?

19. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

???naw, but ur mom did. I got an "A"

20. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Mi viejo estaba trabajando cuando estuvo el juego y lo vio con sus companeros el juego. Grito "NO MANCHES, PINCHE BORGETTIIII!! Despues de ese gol, los invito a todos a tacos para cenar.:)

21. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Ive had the chace to watch mexico in WCs since 86 and although there was good moments theres been heartbreak in all. My happiest moments were when Mexico tied Bulgaria 2-2 in 98 or when we tied against Italy in O2, but if you ask me witch WC stands out the most or which one stirs the most feelings is the loss against the US in 02. I remember it like yesturday and its by far the most painfull, frustrating and ragefull moment in my life. I cried like a 15 year old school girl and couldnt get it out of my head for at least a month. Ive cried in every WC since 86 and Im hoping the next time I cry its out of happyness instead of sorrow.

22. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

One time I had tears of happiness was when Marquez scored against Argentina... it didn't last long cuz they tied 5 mins later but we were playing pretty bad up to that point while Argentina looked to take home the World Cup. When I saw Mexico play like that, I was just overwhelmed and shaking.

23. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston

man i hadn't realized i'm so old with all these people saying 98 was they're first WC. if you're old enough to remember, '86 was the year.

and with all apologies to Borgetti, but his goal is not even close to Manolo Negrete's scissor kick in the round of 16 against Bulgaria. see for yourself youngsters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drU2OzGuVfQ&mode=related&search=

if we had manage to beat Germany in Monterrey (there was a goal called back for offsides). we would of faced France (w/Platini) in Guadalajara and then Argentina (w/Maradona facing off against Hugo) in the final in Azteca. that would have been amazing and if God hadn't abandoned years ago we would have a star above our crest right now from '86. with fkn bragging rights galore because we would of beaten 3 of the best World Cup teams of all time (W. Germany, France and Argentina) to win it all.

this is also one of the best Mexican teams ever assembled for a WC and definitely the best forwards ever on one team (although i have high hopes for 2010).

Hugo Sanchez
    Miguel Espana
    Luis Flores
    Carlos Hermosillo
    Manuel Negrete
    Javier Aguire
    Tomas Boy
    Fernando Quirarte
    Raul Servin
    Mario Trejo
    "El Abuelo" Cruz

24. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Man that was a beautiful goal..i can only imagine how a fan celebrated that live?????woah..since i was only a baby...i hope everyone celebrated to the max

25. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I'm not that old so the only world cups I remmber have been from '94 till '06. My dad though saw games from both the '70 world cup and '86. He actually saw Negret live in Azteca when he scored that goal. He was there with his cousin and friend Conrado, who by the way he is a Chiva fan and my dad an America fan, but who gives a crap in that moment. They shouted PUUUTA MADREEEE!!! Que GOLAAAZOO!! My dad said they were both almost crying and shaking cuz the entire stadium was shaking. My dad gets really emotional when he sees old tape of the Azteca filled to its capacity and everyone is chanting "CHIQUITIBUM A LA BIM BOM BA!! MEXICO, MEXICO, RA! RA! RA! He's mad nowadays that our fans copy the Argentinians with the singing instead of like the old days...