Community Shield: Friendly or not, it's United at Wembley.

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by acleansheet, Aug 4, 2011.

1. acleansheet

acleansheet New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope you all have enjoyed your summer! City versus United at Wembley to kick-off the '11-'12 campaign. Tevez isn't going to be there for this one (or any others it seems). But, we've got Aguero making his debut along with Clichy and Savic. The result of this match could be instrumental to how the season plays itself out. Football's back, gotta love it.

2. thecitizen

thecitizen Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even if we win Man U will always cower back to their "history" jargon and the community shield means nothing blabber (like how they say the FA Cup isn't a "real" trophy and money didn't buy us anything even though it clearly did and its the only reason Man U has been able to stay up so long).

I love watching and reading all the bias and hate thrown towards City these days.

I just hope we can scare every one some more.

(And believe me.. its all fear. We're upsetting every one's status quo. I can't tell you how many articles I've read of pretty much everyone in football history putting City down. For too long we had to be these "elite" teams feeders. They rake in all the talent that passes by and take all the credit for being great when really they've always just been cherry picking off of other teams.)

It's good to have money and give other teams a taste of their own medicine.

3. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As the end approached in the Champions League final, I had a thought. The Blues have a chance to make it three straight losses at Wembley for the Rags. Come on City!

4. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That was a horrific performance, all I can say is that I'm glad we didn't play like that in the FA Cup semi last season or it would have been another year without a trophy. We looked dysfunctional and sloppy which was surprising because we looked the opposite against Inter. Lack of creativity was telling, the signing of Nasri or whoever can't come quick enough, but our defence was unusually bad too, there is no way we'd bottle a 2-0 lead normally.

5. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Frustrating result in a frustrating game. I thought the midfield looked completely stagnant.

Hopefully they pick it up against Swansea next week.

6. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    saw the entire game and it was for sure a roller-coaster ride. unfortunately for us, it ended on the downside.

I just want to talk about the last play. Kompany should have taken Nani's down and get the red card. There's only seconds left before penalty shootout. No one in the right mind should let Nani breakthrough like that, especially when you're the captain.

It's the rags we lost to and it hurts. Think of it this way, at least we're being honest with ourselves and admit we were out played in the second half. If the rags lost this game, they would have said "it's only a friendly, we didn't care about this game." Bullshit, you see how happy they were after the game? They wanted to win this as much as we did, in fact, they wanted to win it more because they've lost back to back at Wembley. Can't stand rags fans. I am reading some of their bragging posts and they actually have the nerves to say they dominated us. Yeah right, you were down 2-0 and won it in the 92nd minute, I don't call that dominating.

Screw it. This performance better be a one and off. Onto Swansea now.

7. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

Rags are annoying as hell.. They're acting like they won the CL. They know we're coming so I'm cool with it. They have us in their mind. We played shite and it took a Fergie time fluke to get it done for them.

8. brooke

brooke New Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  9. Well Duh

Well Duh Member

Jul 17, 2008
    all the "us" comments are amusing.... I had no idea than many Man City players posted on Big Soccer

10. Petersontj

Petersontj Member

Jul 24, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This comment is quite amusing. What exactly are you implying?

11. Well Duh

Well Duh Member

Jul 17, 2008
    exactly eh?

I am amused.

12. Petersontj

Petersontj Member

Jul 24, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amused at City fans for acting like fans of literally every other team in existence? Okay then...

13. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't really care about the match itself truthfully. Sure we lost to the rags, so what look at the standing we are all still tied at zero points. What I am upset about is the way we played, we were shite for almost the entire match. Not liking Silva out wide, Dzeko is unbelievably slow and Balotteli, well he is what he is. A 100 million pound talent with a one pound brain. We will play better as the season progresses but I was hoping for a bit more cohesiveness than I saw today. The passing was horrible we did not control the ball well at all and it really wasn't anything the rags were doing, it was us just being sloppy. Even when the ball did move well through the midfield the forward would bunch together in the center of the park and cause a bottleneck and we would lose possession. No Aguero, no Tevez (he is still a City player), would have liked to see SWP as he had a fantastic preseason and would have added some pace. The rags are still ahead of us but we are not far off that is why Bacon Face wanted this one so bad. Well let him have it, I don't care about preseason games of any kind because that is all they are, preseason. Now we play like that against Swansea next week and I will come unglued. We get them at least twice for real and those are the ones that matter.

PS
    Don't feed the trolls, especially the glory hunting rag ones :cool:

14. acleansheet

acleansheet New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A positive little fact to take from the result: United play 3 times at Wembley in 2011, end up with a Community Shield. Mighty, mighty United.

15. thecitizen

thecitizen Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was the first match I actually fast forwarded through. I hate to say I didn't watch the whole thing but I knew the moment they scored the first goal we would be in a typical City moment. It wasn't too long ago the same exact thing happened at Everton and I couldn't take another heart wrenching loss so soon.

We definately need some speed on our defense and I think Clichy has earned his chance over Kolarov.

I skipped through the game thinking, "If they score one goal and the momentum swings, we will lose."

Such is the life as a City fan. I hate being a pessimist but I know this team isn't good enough to break the "typical City" mold. I skipped after the first goal and I saw another goal and I was telling myself, "well at least there will be penalties". Then there was a split second where I saw 3-2 and I just said "It's still a roller coaster ride like no other."

I also have to say I am starting to doubt Balotelli. I always believed in his talent but his attitude is just too ruined to react positively from a game that took such a negative turn.

Can't wait to see Suarez show what he's got because as a team that was only assembled in less than 2 years... we definately don't need drama queens.