Communication System

Discussion in 'Referee' started by 15 to 32, Sep 28, 2020.

1. fairplayforlife

fairplayforlife Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In my area the youth game is far more structured than the adult.

So many adult leagues are barely registered for any reason other than insurance and after that it’s run like the Wild West.

In youth at least I know there is a somewhat structured hierarchy of authority and responsibility to adhere to the ROC and laws.

2. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was purely talking the soccer. The adult leagues here are no different, which I think should be the expectation. If you're playing adult league games as an amateur, you're doing it as a hobby and (hopefully) realize there isn't any chance of scholarship or contract like the youth are enticed with. That said, it just takes one or two people to ruin the joy of an adult game by thinking something is on the line.

3. fairplayforlife

fairplayforlife Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know I was making the point that from a ceremony and procedure standpoint youth soccer is almost certainly more analogous to a professional game, where you would see headsets, than an adult game is.

4. socal lurker

socal lurker Member+

May 30, 2009
    I started playing again as AYSO has a local adult league--AYSO volunteers only. Like with the kids, they work hard to balance the teams each season. No nonsense allowed, no slide tackling, no hard challenges, a man can't challenge a woman in possession of the ball except in the attacking third, teams hang around for friendly heckling in the next game . . . good natured and a lot of fun . . . if we ever get to play again . . .

15 to 32 repped this.
  5. GearRef

GearRef Member

Manchester City
    United States
    Jan 2, 2018
    La Grange Park, Illinois
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @coreyrock I saw your Texas-TCU game from about a week ago and it looked like you had on a black earpiece but no mic? Which comms were you using?

6. MJ91

MJ91 Member

United States
    Jan 14, 2019
    Sorry for digging up an older thread.... Are the headsets in your link what you consider the upgrade, or the originals?

I ask because the ear clip on mine (Maxquall/Ejeas from Amazon) starts getting annoying on the bottom of the ear after a while, especially during a second game. Maybe i just have big ears, but a few crewmates have mentioned it too.

The ones that came with the radios:

mqheadset_a.jpg
    Saw another Maxquall model on Amazon, but reviews said the clips are pretty fragile:
    mqheadset_b.jpg

Or, anyone know of better ones that are plug & play with the Maxquall/Ejeas radios? i've seen some nice ones referenced here, but they use the yapalong or other type of plug/connector. Thanks.

7. RefIADad

RefIADad Member+

United States
    Aug 18, 2017
    Des Moines, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The first photo you attached are what I consider "upgrades". The second photo shows what came with my set. The second photo are the headsets that I have a terrible time with. The first photo show the ones that require minimal tape for me.

A friend of mine has a different set of earpieces that are much more like the "Secret Service" types of headsets. There's no boom mic, and the microphone clips onto the shirt.

IASocFan and MJ91 repped this.
  8. Spencedawgmillionaire

Mar 2, 2017
    Belleville, ILLLLLLLLINOIZE
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    I just bought these and am wondering if anyone has found any silicone covers for the earbud, or even with the loop that holds it in your ear?

I've been using one from my wireless buds, but it only kid of fits. I sweat like crazy, so want to protect the buds and also secure them

9. MJ91

MJ91 Member

United States
    Jan 14, 2019
    So, just found another Ejeas headset model for the V4C/V6C's that is more of an in-ear pro style. The "thick" ear loop ones (pic above) i currently have become slightly annoying during a 2nd or 3rd match.

Anyone else try these HIFI-R's yet? Or, know of another similar compatible (3.5mm jack) model?

ejeas.com said backordered and i could not find them on amazon, so I ordered a pair from aliexpress. we'll see how they are when they eventually get here....

https://buy.ejeas.com/product/hifi-r/?v=3d9975706be3

EJEAS-HIFI-Rl.jpg

10. soccerref69420

soccerref69420 Member+

President of the Antonio Miguel Mateu Lahoz fan cub
    Mar 14, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea DPR
    Those look a lot better than the stock ones, but no way I'm paying an additional $25 apiece for them. Aliexpress I would bet you get delivered by Labor Day, it usually takes 2 weeks for me.

Also if you don't have a good carrying case get this one

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2255800611510764.html

And lastly, I was able to get another V4 radio and made a full 4 man comm set

11. voiceoflg

voiceoflg Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    I second these. I worked a two-man tripleheader (BJV, GV, BV) and the batteries lasted all three games. They aren't crystal clear, but I understood every word. And my partner is British! :ROFLMAO:

MJ91 and roby repped this.
  12. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Do they make them with close captioning? :unsure:

voiceoflg, MJ91, IASocFan and 1 other person repped this.
  13. BarraBravaFunnyMan

BarraBravaFunnyMan New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    I and a couple friends purchased these Ejeas in ear style above without the earloop in August and used a couple dozen times now. They work very well, well enough I went and purchased 4 more for the rest of my radios. I did not even need tape for the first 10+ games, but I found I was adjusting the mic hang too much and with a small strip of tape it is completely hands free. Some like the over-ear loop, some do not - it has more to do with ear size and style. No issues with the audio quality.

I use them with the Aribitro 4 pack, of which Ejeas is the oem, but a dude in Texas sells under the Aribtro brand and offers some value added support and warranty help.

https://www.amazon.com/Arbitro-Blue...BJF2/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

They work great, no fuss setup or use 90% of the time, battery life excellent in first two months, and are 100% worth their price at $500. I do find that they are mildly susceptible to interference near fields with cell tower stations nearby.

[edit]
    Have tested and they work with all of the Ejeas OEM radio receivers - V4, V6, etc that use a 3.5mm 3 band insert.

14. soccerref69420

soccerref69420 Member+

President of the Antonio Miguel Mateu Lahoz fan cub
    Mar 14, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea DPR

Reviving this thread from the dead. I purchased the $10 in-ear version of the EJEAS headset from AliExpress and was able to test it last weekend doing water polo. Usually the crappy stock over the ear EJEAS headsets hurt my ear after only a little bit of time and I constantly had to readjust it. Had it in for 8 hours and it barely caused any pain at all, good sound, good mic, good fit. These will work with those of us using the ejeas/nvetphone/maxquall radios

if anyone is interested

https://a.aliexpress.com/_msluMUc

15. MJ91

MJ91 Member

United States
    Jan 14, 2019
    When worn in the left ear the rubber seal on these is great as AR1 for muffling coaches chatter. Not a big fan of it when I'm CR as I want to be able to hear the players when I'm on the field. It's close to having and earplug in one ear (for me).