Commentary on soccer video

Discussion in 'Player' started by dveras, Nov 2, 2015.

1. dveras

dveras New Member

Jun 2, 2010

Any thoughts or comments?

2. rca2

rca2 Member+

Nov 25, 2005
    #2 rca2, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    Very clear presentation. Broad range of skills shown. Regarding the content:

On the opening resume, you say that your left foot is dominate, but this only implies that you are two-footed. I would expressly state it: "two-footed, dominate left foot."

I think you should emphasize your attacking. Do you have more clips of quality crosses?

Regarding your defending, I thought you included too many shots of you leaving your feet. I suggest that you give more priority to winning the ball while staying on your feet (such as at 1:35, 3:55 & 4:27) in a variety of ways: shoulder charge, block tackle, and stepping between the attacker and ball. Including some slide tackle shots demonstrating your physical play is good, but you want to show that you have finesse too. Show them you are more than a hard tackling back.

You had a 30-second introduction. Figure that you need to grab the viewer's attention in the first 60 seconds. So lead with your best. I would lead with an attacking play followed by a defensive play. Don't assume everyone will watch past the first 60 seconds. Your first scene is an attacking play--good, but the forward lost the ball. The second scene is a defending play, but you just played it out of bounds. You have a lot better defensive plays in the mix.

Final point, do you have any clips of you playing holding midfielder?

3. elessar78

elessar78 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 12, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    First off, I need a longer format. So this is okay for a short format. But I want to see what the player does in the context of the game, not just when he's immediately involved in the play. Esp, for a defender, I need to see how he's engaged, his positioning, etc.

Player has a tendency to pass and stand. Need to pass and move, even if not making a forward run, readjust so you can be of better use.

In the first half of the video, I see the player dispossess the attacker but not win possession for his team. Often times the ball is just knocked out or sent out for a 50/50.

In the selected clips, player slides too much to tackle. IMO, none of those instances required a slide tackle. It probably works at the current level but at the next level, which what this video is for, player will be on the ground as attacker dances around the slide tackle and now the team is down a defender.

I like what I saw better from the player as a CB than as a FB, because of better distribution. Player is actually building things up. As a fullback, most of the passes were played long and in the air bypassing midfielders at times.

nicklaino repped this.
  4. Sarah ava

Sarah ava Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Xelaju Mario Camposeco
    Such a nice Commentary on this video.

5. MamaWithAttitude

MamaWithAttitude New Member

Earthquakes
    United States
    Jan 31, 2018
    Took me awhile to figure out which player he was in each play. did the video company not have player graphics to show which player he is at the beginning of each play? Oh, just saw that this was from a few years ago. Did he end up laying in college?