Coming to Mexico City; game q's?

Discussion in 'Cruz Azul' started by Chartrand, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Chartrand

Chartrand New Member

Aug 20, 2000
    Queens, NY
    Hi, first off, my apologies if this isn't the appropriate forum for these type of questions.

I'm visiting Mexico City (for the first time) the last weekend of November. I love seeing a match whenever I travel and noticed Cruz Azul hosts Morelia in the playoffs that weekend, which leads to a bunch of questions:

1. Are tickets difficult to get? What's best place for me to buy 2?
    2. Is the stadium pretty easy to get to by mass transit? I've been scared off from using taxis.
    3. I have no desire to cause problems and just want a good experience and hopefully a good match. That being said, I'm an American who does not know Spanish. Will be going with a lady friend who knows *some* Spanish. Any general advice on avoiding any problems?

2. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Prepare your angus

3. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    1) You can try ticketmaster mexico but prepare to be charged large fees. Your best bet is to get tickets outside the stadium from the scalpers but do make sure the tickets are legit.

2) Nothing wrong with a taxi. It's a bit of a walk from the Metro but not too bad if you want to go that route. I'd be more weary of el Metro than a taxi.

3) Don't believe all you hear about game experiences in Mexico. But do cheer for Cruz Azul :)

4. Naquisima

Naquisima Member+

Sep 18, 2008
    Long Beach!
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Or about the city in general (Although, I made sure to keep my wallet safe. Pinches chilangos :p).

My sister and I went last year to a Libertadores match in Estadio Azteca (granted there were only Chivas there)...but everything went smoothly. We were a bit scared, mainly because it was our first time in the city and it was just us girls. But it was great. Wish we could've spent more time there.

We only took taxis and didn't have any problem. Also, we got our tickets from Ticketmaster and the fees weren't any different from here.

Good luck.

5. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The only time in my life I've had my wallet stolen was in downtown Paris and I've only been there twice.

Beware those Europeans !

The only matches I'd avoid in Mexico City would be Pumas/America or America/Chivas.
    Never had an issue with any Cruz Azul game.