Coming to Houston to support my adopted team

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by CplDaniel, May 27, 2011.

1. CplDaniel

CplDaniel Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hello everybody. (My name is Daniel AKA "The Keg Guy" sometimes) My friends and I will be driving down to Houston tomorrow for the Dynamo-D.F.C game. Now that Austin has suffered the loss of its team being absconded and run off in the middle of the night, we've had to adopt a new team...And well, the folks we met going down to Houston during preseason last year were great. Players (especially Ching and Hall) were great to us too when we met, even though we were all decked out in Aztex shirts and flags.

Anyways, we are coming down to support our newly adopted team as they play against Dallas and I was hoping for a little help. Our last trip down, which was my friend's first ever exposure to soccer culture, was a complete success. And I owe all that to some great Dynamo supporters that I would like to find again. The group we met a few hours before the game in Houston were tailgating with family and included a somewhat corpulent El Salvadoran fellow who carries a large drum and went to the preseason games in both Houston and Austin. Anyways, I hope to find that guy and his group tailgating before the match if anybody can tell who I am talking about and where I might find him tomorrow. I would appreciate the help.

PS: I will probably leave the keg at home...but if y'all can promise me that Houston will win 3:0 tomorrow than I will bring it because it's the best damn goal-celebration device ever!!

2. Soccergodlss

Soccergodlss Member+

Jun 21, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't have any answers but welcome to the orange.

3. CLakeCracker

CLakeCracker Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Downtown
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a guess here, but if he's El Salvadorean and plays a drum, he's probably part of La Bateria which tailgates on the south side of the stadium with Texian Army. Thank for coming down and supporting!

4. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Er, we have Guanacos playing drums too (just fyi).

5. Naranja Trooper

Nov 10, 2008
    WTF jajaja...Mr. Daniel sir, I don't think any of the LB "salvadorian" drummers met you...and I sure haven't. We never conversed with the former enemy...or with your former Aztecs sg in Austin. Sum cocketeers from San Antonio came over to our tailgate area...I was busy drinking it up (didn't speak to them) but I doubt that was you...@Mannie jajaja si men..homeboy is half Mexican/Salvadorian its the worst kind...a 22 in one hand and a machete on the other bwhahaha!:D

6. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was trying to sell some season tickets...don't judge me too harshly for conversing with the cocketeers :p