Coming to Chicago (DC United game)

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Heist, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Heist

Heist Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DCU fan randomly in town when DC visits in August...
    Excited to come see the stadium and what could be a good game.
    If I don't care where I sit, can I just buy walk-up tickets or do I need to get them in advance. I suppose if the US gets knocked out of the Olympics it could be McBride's first game back home and that could sell out beforehand, no?
    Feel free to PM me or just answer in the thread. Thanks!

2. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Walk up tickets (at least decent ones) have proven more difficult to get since Blanco arrived. If you arrive early enough and then just tailgate with Section 8 you should be able to get decent tickets and spend a few hours with good beer, good food and good company.

3. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Um, did you just suggest a Dick Cheney United fan get tix in the Harlem End? He can get them in advance, or, as you said, get there early.

4. BVgolski07

BVgolski07 Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Milwaukee
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i would guess there will be a small barra contingent in the corner kick seats.

5. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I meant to say that he can get tix for seats elsewhere in the stadium in advance or early on the day of the game at the windows. I'm not trying to be a jerk to a visiting Supporter. He is welcome to hang in the lot and drink beer and eat BBQ with us before and after the match if he is cool and all, but sit in the Harlem End (which is where most of the seats on the tix sold in the North Lot tailgate are located)? No.

6. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    You can get tickets the day of game, no problem. I'm not a season ticket holder and I go to every game. I often get a ticket for $10 or so because there is always someone who's family member decided not to show up and they're happy to get beer money for the ticket just before they enter the gate. The ONLY game that is sold out and would be expensive to get a ticket is the LA Galaxy game (what else is new), but we do have good crowds and this game will be no exception even more so.
    Rest easy. You will have no problems getting a ticket even to an important rivalry game like the Fire vs. DCU. Just go up to the ticket window.
    We're looking forward to this one.

7. BVgolski07

BVgolski07 Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Milwaukee
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me n' my buddy weren't able to get firehouse tix for the chivas game, sittin in the damn corner kicks way on the other side. Are sections 117 and 118 both fully supporter group seats now? We can still come jam with section 8 right?

8. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Last Chi-DC seemed sold out to me or close to (I can't think of other reason they'd surround us with buncha kids :D) Hopefully this one is 3/4 full :D

9. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No.

10. shooter6065

shooter6065 Member

Nov 16, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    This game WILL be sold out. The last DC United game at TP was sold out as well. Good seats are still available but come game day they will be hard to get, especially if it looks like McBride will play.

Since Blanco joined, the Fire now have a large walk-up crowd so I would get tickets a week or two before.

11. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Correct and yes.

12. Heist

Heist Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wondering how i've gotten such different answers to what should be a relatively straightforward question. Some of you say it'll be easy to buy walk-up and others say there's no chance...
    McBride will only have a chance to play if the US gets knocked out of the first round.

13. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Sellouts are strange in this town. We had a light crowd for the TFC game, but were essentially sold out a week later against RSL. The RSL game was "kids night out" and thousands of seats were sold well in advance.

Other factors include the 5 game Beckham plan. If the DC game you want to see is in the 5 game Beckham plan, it will be on pace to sell more than an average game. If it's close to the end of the season, we sell more per game normally anyway. Better weather, people cashing in their vouchers, playoff run, etc.

14. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Why don't you call Toyota Park ticket office now, buy your ticket and have it waiting for you at Will Call when you get here.