Comcast??!!

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Argyle, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Argyle

Argyle Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Plymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Biggest game of the year and it's on CN8? Many of us don't get that station.

What forward-thinking genius is responsible for this?

2. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    Not to be smug but, four words:

Go

TO

THE

GAME

3. Argyle

Argyle Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Plymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd love to, but it would involve taking a 6-year old and a 4-year old in 40 degree weather.

Anyway, that's beside the point.

This game cannot be seen on TV by a large number of fans.

To go slightly off-topic, it never helped the Breakers that many of us couldn't see their games.

4. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    although its unfortunate that you wont be able to view the game on TV, if you can, GO TO THE GAME. Wouldn't you rather see it live then watch it on TV. Bring the kids along, they'll have fun. Come on, its Game 2, and we could possibly see the Revs win 4 straight against the evil Mutts.

5. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Really?

I thought all the Comcast Customer hadCN8.

If you are a comcast customer and don't have CN8 call the company.

If you are not, then sign up of 'Yahoo! Platinum' It's free for two weeks. That will cover this week's game as well as next week, if Revs play. After next week, unsubscribe it.

Shuvy87

6. jw

jw Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cut him some slack, it's not easy bringing young kids to a match. Sometimes it's easier when a wife/girlfriend/other responsible adult, comes along to help manage the mayhem. But there still is that risk that boredom and whining may creep into the festivities!! Plus, weather does add another dimension, which Argyle did already bring up.

I will be there at Gillette tomorrow. However, my 3 daughters will be happily playing at home with the neighborhood kids, plus their cousins are visiting from NH. (Their dad is going to the match with me!)

When they are older and actually show some interest, I will be more than happy to bring 'em along...talk strategy...and commisurate with, during a match!!

(Believe me, I have tried to bring 'em along in the past. My two older girls are just not into it, and so far, my 3 year old would rather wear her Cinderella blue dress and have a tea party than wear my Revs scarf and have a tailgate!) :)

Good Luck Argyle!!

(maybe Kraft could do Daycare in one of the luxury boxes at Gillette??)

7. dcochran

dcochran Member+

Feb 17, 1999
    Vero Beach, FL
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game is also on Fox Sports World.

8. NeSpazz

NeSpazz New Member

Jun 4, 2002
    Framingham
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a teacher, I have to say, Argyle is in a difficult position, with two young kids. How could anyone possibly expect him to bring his 2 little ones to the game?? With the cold weather, it will be hard enough for us adults to be at the game, let alone 2 young kids who will likely be freezing since their tolerance for cold is way lower than ours. Not to mention their attention span! I might give the 6 year old a chance, for his/her attention span may be greater and he/she may even know the game. However, the 4 year old? Anyone who works with children knows it would not work. Trips to the bathroom, getting food, placating when he/she cries because of the cold, discomfort, etc....Let's be serious. Argyle is in a tough spot that I can sympathize with. Unless his younger child has an amazing attention span and immense patience, I don't see how it would be possible. I agree with JW, if he could find another adult to go with him to the game, someone else that could be sharing the responsibility for the 2 young kids, then it might work out. Otherwise, my suggestion is to go to an adult friend's house (one who has CN8), maybe even one who has kids, and make a play date out of it. Then, your kids are occupied and you are able to watch the game! Good luck, Argyle.
    Spazz

9. Argyle

Argyle Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Plymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My town's cable provider is Adelphia. You know, the company whose owner thought it was his personal bank.

I have stock in Comcast, but that doesn't count.

10. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    May I ask you a question, if you don't mind.

Am I the only high school kid here.....?

11. Argyle

Argyle Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Plymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My oldest had a grand time at the Aug. 16 game, though how much of that was the soccer and how much of that was 5+ hours of exclusive dad time I don't know.

Everyone's advice and comments are well appreciated, but sort of besides the point. My point is still that playoff game should be on the most widely available station. CN8 isn't it. Even FoxSports World isn't it.

I don't know what sort of broacasting contract the Revs have, but the fact that (it seems) they had to scrounge to broadcast this game is disapointing.

12. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope. I'm a senior.

13. MadridForLife

MadridForLife New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Worcester, MA
    No, I'm a Junior at St. John's Shrewsbury. They are the 2-time Division 1 State Champions and close to a third.

14. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    I know, I'm not trying to be smug.

But...I've got a three year old and I've got season tickets. I've only brought my little girl twice, but I get to every game I can (babysitters, etc.).

Fact is, there's an attendence issue for the team this year - ironic because this almost incontestably the best Revs team in franchise history.

This is the biggest game of the season - without doubt. Tickets are available.

I understand the situation Argyle. But if at all possible, I'd still say:

Go to the game.

15. O'Dubhghaill Rules!

May 21, 2001
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Yeah you guys have should win it.

I'm senior at Framingham, season, career, ended with a screwing by the refs...twice.

I don't know how to help with the Comcast situation but to say to go to the game (even though you already explained why you couldn't).

16. DanTheMan

DanTheMan Member

Jan 12, 2001
    New Hampster
    FSW Has an FA Cup game on. No Revs.

Oops. Thought game was today. It's tomorrow (Sunday). My bad.

17. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yup, but don't forget about tonite, KC vs Col.